ADVERTISEMENT

When Do We Get Rid of Franks' BOY ????

When are you going to realize that he is the best coach for us, and he is about to have a very unexpected winning season?

When are you going to realize that he is the best coach for us, and he is about to have a very unexpected winning season?
You have more confidence than I do. But I'm not ready to fire him yet either.

Good to see you well out in front of the 2024 season, Chicken.

All of that extra time in the deep fryer has served you well.

Interesting take.

With the 3 patsies and vandy, he starts at 4 wins.

Kentucky and A&M could get him to 6. But for seven, he'd have to win both those and then upset LSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Oklahoma, Missouri or clemson.

I suppose it's possible, but it means winning both toss ups, and getting an upset without being upset ourselves.

Fingers are crossed.

If Wofford wins will Beamer be fired on the spot?

As you can see I am not a beamer supporter. However, I also do not support mid-season changes unless, you have a 'Spurrieresque' quality coach already committed to coming.

The thang (intentional) that makes this totally different is; that IT is now a different BEETLE pushing the Dung ball now. Better known as $$$.

Start at $10 MM/yearly and be prepared to go $15 MM/yr NOW!!! or be 5-7 Carolina for eternity.

Time to CRAP or get off the Pot Gamecock fans. This is your LAST CHANCE!

Reactions: 67gamecock
As you can see I am not a beamer supporter. However, I also do not support mid-season changes unless, you have a 'Spurrieresque' quality coach already committed to coming.

The thang (intentional) that makes this totally different is; that IT is now a different BEETLE pushing the Dung ball now. Better known as $$$.

Start at $10 MM/yearly and be prepared to go $15 MM/yr NOW!!! or be 5-7 Carolina for eternity.

Time to CRAP or get off the Pot Gamecock fans. This is your LAST CHANCE!

And there you have it. Throwing an extra $10 million yearly at the head coaching position is the panacea.

Forget about the fact that Spurrier himself has stated multiple times he would be rounding up Bagmen during this new NIL era.

Forget about the fact that our contemporaries like Missouri are now pulling in donations over $100mil a year and rewriting laws to bribe high school players.

Forget all that stuff. This is not about talent on the field. That's a misdirection play.

It's about finding a coach with the secret sauce. And the only way you get that is to shower him with money.

We can’t have another season like the last one.

We have 3 non-conference cupcake games plus Vanderbilt. If we lose any of those 4 it will suck. Then we have Kentucky and Missouri which are few levels up in competition. That could be our 6 wins to barely scrap by and at least make a bowl.

IMO we should be doing much better then that by now.

Last edited:
And there you have it. Throwing an extra $10 million yearly at the head coaching position is the panacea.

Forget about the fact that Spurrier himself has stated multiple times he would be rounding up Bagmen during this new NIL era.

Forget about the fact that our contemporaries like Missouri are now pulling in donations over $100mil a year and rewriting laws to bribe high school players.

Forget all that stuff. This is not about talent on the field. That's a misdirection play.

It's about finding a coach with the secret sauce. And the only way you get that is to shower him with money.

That's crazy. I saw where somebody just donated $12 million to Mizzou's NIL. And we were excited about a $1 million match. Without a salary cap, we are done, no matter who is coaching.

NIL and coaches Salary do not matter anymore right now. All that matters is who you got coaching and what players are on your team today.
Beamer went and found what looks like a good staff with lots of NFL history. That will help lure some better players.
Beamer has 5-Stars finally enrolling at SC again. That used to be unheard of here with the exception of a couple Spurrier was able to get.
And that is the biggest thing to look at. Look at our current Roster.
We have Sellers ready, and he will be a huge advantage for us. I feel he will be a great QB and pass and run for record breaking numbers. Loggains is going to make this O fierce now that he has the O line fixed with plenty of good backups to keep them from being wore out.
We have a room full of talented WR's, but I feel Harbor is going to be one of the best in the country because he will run away from DB's trying to keep up with him and Sellers can throw the ball far enough for that to work.
Clayton White finally figured out what works best on D, but he also has better talent now. I saw what he had during the spring game and how they lined up different this year. That D was really looking way better. This is going to be one the best D's in the SEC this year.

We don't have to worry about NIL's or the portal until Dec. These players are going make this a great team again.
It would not surprise me to see them find 9 wins this year, but if they keep pulling it together, they could get even more upsets and make the playoffs. I just hope the injuries stay away for a change.
It has nothing to do with $$$ now. It is all about what Beamer has got on the roster right now. And with wins, the NIL contributions will go up and help to keep them here.

NIL and coaches Salary do not matter anymore right now. All that matters is who you got coaching and what players are on your team today.
Beamer went and found what looks like a good staff with lots of NFL history. That will help lure some better players.
Beamer has 5-Stars finally enrolling at SC again. That used to be unheard of here with the exception of a couple Spurrier was able to get.
And that is the biggest thing to look at. Look at our current Roster.
We have Sellers ready, and he will be a huge advantage for us. I feel he will be a great QB and pass and run for record breaking numbers. Loggains is going to make this O fierce now that he has the O line fixed with plenty of good backups to keep them from being wore out.
We have a room full of talented WR's, but I feel Harbor is going to be one of the best in the country because he will run away from DB's trying to keep up with him and Sellers can throw the ball far enough for that to work.
Clayton White finally figured out what works best on D, but he also has better talent now. I saw what he had during the spring game and how they lined up different this year. That D was really looking way better. This is going to be one the best D's in the SEC this year.

We don't have to worry about NIL's or the portal until Dec. These players are going make this a great team again.
It would not surprise me to see them find 9 wins this year, but if they keep pulling it together, they could get even more upsets and make the playoffs. I just hope the injuries stay away for a change.
It has nothing to do with $$$ now. It is all about what Beamer has got on the roster right now. And with wins, the NIL contributions will go up and help to keep them here.

I understand the optimism. It's the off season. This usually peaks around late June and July. Last year we had posters talking about winning the division, and even winning out after the Georgia loss.

But 9 wins? And talk of playoffs?

This seems like the over the top optimism that is hiding sarcasm.

That's crazy. I saw where somebody just donated $12 million to Mizzou's NIL. And we were excited about a $1 million match. Without a salary cap, we are done, no matter who is coaching.

As I said:

Gamecock Jacque said:
How can any fan be happy to be a loser?

Just repeat "NIL" over and over and pretend this is the best we can do. With a little effort, I bet you could convince yourself 5 wins is pretty darn impressive.

As I said:

Gamecock Jacque said:
How can any fan be happy to be a loser?

Just repeat "NIL" over and over and pretend this is the best we can do. With a little effort, I bet you could convince yourself 5 wins is pretty darn impressive.

Lurker - Why not prove us wrong? Find us coaches in the SEC who are consistently doing more with less year after year -- especially without major NIL funding. Give the AD a reason to blow $15mil on a coaching turnover again in spite of the fact they have a coach within two wins of the all time record who is having to deal with this broken and rigged system.

I understand the optimism. It's the off season. This usually peaks around late June and July. Last year we had posters talking about winning the division, and even winning out after the Georgia loss.

But 9 wins? And talk of playoffs?

This seems like the over the top optimism that is hiding sarcasm.

All In The Family.

Drinkwitz got the Mizzou people excited after this past season. Their recruiting was not anything to write home about over the past several years. But Drinkwitz obviously did a good job recruiting in spots, making good hires, organizing his staff and building good team chemistry. It all paid off in his 4th season there. We have to hope that Beamer has done the same here and it all pays off this season, his 4th here. If that happens, I suspect it will be easier to get NIL contributions. But first, Beamer has to win on the field. I'm glad we get Missouri and Ole Miss at home. I'm also glad we get Texas A&M and their new Head Coach at home where we beat them 2 years ago. And I'm glad that Kentucky is on our schedule since we have beaten them in the past 2 seasons. The potential for surprises are there this season. Beamer has to find the way since another mediocre season will hurt recruiting and certainly put his program on "red alert".

By "unexpected winning season" you mean he's gonna shock us in the next 2 years and win 6 games, now that's something to be ecstatic about 😅

Drinkwitz got the Mizzou people excited after this past season. Their recruiting was not anything to write home about over the past several years. But Drinkwitz obviously did a good job recruiting in spots, making good hires, organizing his staff and building good team chemistry. It all paid off in his 4th season there. We have to hope that Beamer has done the same here and it all pays off this season, his 4th here. If that happens, I suspect it will be easier to get NIL contributions. But first, Beamer has to win on the field. I'm glad we get Missouri and Ole Miss at home. I'm also glad we get Texas A&M and their new Head Coach at home where we beat them 2 years ago. And I'm glad that Kentucky is on our schedule since we have beaten them in the past 2 seasons. The potential for surprises are there this season. Beamer has to find the way since another mediocre season will hurt recruiting and certainly put his program on "red alert".
You've obviously missed all of the posts on this site about Missouri's big NIL program and their legal maneuvers to pay high school players who commit. Missouri has been buying their team since 2021. They were one of the first states to pass NIL legislation. Check SEC Reddit for more info.

You've obviously missed all of the posts on this site about Missouri's big NIL program and their legal maneuvers to pay high school players who commit. Missouri has been buying their team since 2021. They were one of the first states to pass NIL legislation. Check SEC Reddit for more info.

The NIL deal I saw recently was reported at 62 million, but then it was disclosed that 50 (ish) was going to the athletic department. Still giving them a good 10 ish million dollar NIL haul.

But my question is a chicken/egg thing. Has Missouri been buying their team since 2021 (any more than any other team), or did they get some of these big investments after they showed success? I thought the legislation passed was after last season too?

Off memory, the NIL rankings shared last season had us ahead on Missouri. It was one of the backfires in people pointing to that one NIL ranking as an excuse/reason for results.

Reactions: PaleoCock
The NIL deal I saw recently was reported at 62 million, but then it was disclosed that 50 (ish) was going to the athletic department. Still giving them a good 10 ish million dollar NIL haul.

But my question is a chicken/egg thing. Has Missouri been buying their team since 2021 (any more than any other team), or did they get some of these big investments after they showed success? I thought the legislation passed was after last season too?

Off memory, the NIL rankings shared last season had us ahead on Missouri. It was one of the backfires in people pointing to that one NIL ranking as an excuse/reason for results.
Missouri had 6-7 seasons in 2021 and 2022. They did pass legislation again last season. It's pretty whacky too. If a high school prospect commits to an in-state school only (aka Missouri), they can begin receiving payments immediately.

The $62 million donation was only from one individual. They've been raking it in over there since 2022.

Nothing about the NIL is being measured properly as of today - donations, rankings, etc. This is especially true of transfer pickups.

"For me, it's a chance to create a competitive advantage," said Missouri's Eli Drinkwitz, "You can either embrace it or hate it. I'm going to choose to embrace it and try to create the best advantage that I can for my football team."

Reactions: Ward Jr
Missouri had 6-7 seasons in 2021 and 2022. They did pass legislation again last season. It's pretty whacky too. If a high school prospect commits to an in-state school only (aka Missouri), they can begin receiving payments immediately.

The $62 million donation was only from one individual. They've been raking it in over there since 2022.

Nothing about the NIL is being measured properly as of today - donations, rankings, etc. This is especially true of transfer pickups.

"For me, it's a chance to create a competitive advantage," said Missouri's Eli Drinkwitz, "You can either embrace it or hate it. I'm going to choose to embrace it and try to create the best advantage that I can for my football team."

How in the world did they pull that off? Talk about anti-trust issues. Our judicial system is out to lunch.

How in the world did they pull that off? Talk about anti-trust issues. Our judicial system is out to lunch.

Par for the course with the NIL. Missouri will be one of those schools that eventually buy its way to a National Championship under the current system.

Agreed. Nothing about the NIL is being measured well, so good comparisons are almost impossible.

Also, agree on the legislation. Whacky, but i thought it was recent.

I would like to see real numbers on all the teams, as one off stories don't tell the whole story. At first, Missouri was supposed to be getting 60 million in NIL, then it turned into 10. And me not seeing a lot of these stories until after they started showing success on the field is anecdotal.

I don't really see an answer forthcoming either. Unless NIL directives would be required to report levels, and I'm not sure who could force them to do that.

Agreed. Nothing about the NIL is being measured well, so good comparisons are almost impossible.

Also, agree on the legislation. Whacky, but i thought it was recent.

I would like to see real numbers on all the teams, as one off stories don't tell the whole story. At first, Missouri was supposed to be getting 60 million in NIL, then it turned into 10. And me not seeing a lot of these stories until after they started showing success on the field is anecdotal.

I don't really see an answer forthcoming either. Unless NIL directives would be required to report levels, and I'm not sure who could force them to do that.
That is the most recent legislation but they've been pushing the NIL for several years, including being one of the first states to pass NIL laws back in 2021.

That one $62m donation was allocated to the AD with the idea that $50m would be for stadium improvements and $12m for the TIger Fund. However, as many have noted, Missouri AD is very flush without any donations and can appropriate funds as they choose. So it was likely just a public accounting not to raise eyebrows. Plus, that's just one individual donation.

That is the most recent legislation but they've been pushing the NIL for several years, including being one of the first states to pass NIL laws back in 2021.

That one $62m donation was allocated to the AD with the idea that $50m would be for stadium improvements and $12m for the TIger Fund. However, as many have noted, Missouri AD is very flush without any donations and can appropriate funds as they choose. So it was likely just a public accounting not to raise eyebrows. Plus, that's just one individual donation.

But OFFICIALLY, once the money goes to the AD, it can't go to NIL collectives, correct? The schools are supposed to be still separate from the collectives?

I also understand that will change soon, according to more rumors.

No one is governing the NIL so far. The money easily be moved in any direction between schools‐collectives though simple accounting and that's been going on from Day 1. The NCAA has been a scared rabbit throughout the whole ordeal with their legal issues.

You are right that I don't spend a whole lot of time on this site. With all due respect to those who do a good job running this site, it just does not usually have the traffic of the other site. I respect Missouri and am a big fan of Drinkwitz. That being said, while he has done an admirable job recruiting, unlike Alabama, Oklahoma and LSU who I deliberately did not mention, Missouri has not annually or usually been bringing in Top 10 or close to Top 10 classes like Bama, the Sooners and LSU since 2021; nor are they currently for 2025. That does not mean they won't in the future. As I said, I am a big fan of Drinkwitz and have liked him since he brought his Appalachian State team to WB and beat us. We have to hope that Beamer's 4th season is a breakout for us, kind of like Drinkwitz' and Kiffin's 4th seasons were. That does not mean a Top 10 season like Missouri and Ole Miss. Rather, better than a mediocre season, with a couple of upset wins. If that happens, maybe and hopefully there will be progress on the NIL front.

Last edited:
No one is governing the NIL so far. The money easily be moved in any direction between schools‐collectives though simple accounting and that's been going on from Day 1. The NCAA has been a scared rabbit throughout the whole ordeal with their legal issues.

If true, and I believe there's a lot of Grey area, we'd be 10-20 million ahead of Clemson each year to start with, just because of the TV contracts.

Like I said, I have no doubt there are shenanigans going on, I just don't think we've really crossed that line yet where AD funds are going directly to NIL. At least not en mass.

Reactions: gamecock stock
If true, and I believe there's a lot of Grey area, we'd be 10-20 million ahead of Clemson each year to start with, just because of the TV contracts.

Like I said, I have no doubt there are shenanigans going on, I just don't think we've really crossed that line yet where AD funds are going directly to NIL. At least not en mass.

You can't be serious. Have you seen the yearly donations into Clemson? We don't do 10% of that.

You are right that I don't spend a whole lot of time on this site. With all due respect to those who do a good job running this site, it just does not usually have the traffic of the other site. I respect Missouri and am a big fan of Drinkwitz. That being said, while he has done an admirable job recruiting, unlike Alabama, Oklahoma and LSU who I deliberately did not mention, Missouri has not annually or usually been bringing in Top 10 or close to Top 10 classes like Bama, the Sooners and LSU since 2021; nor are they currently for 2025. That does not mean they won't in the future. As I said, I am a big fan of Drinkwitz and have liked him since he brought his Appalachian State team to WB and beat us. We have to hope that Beamer's 4th season is a breakout for us, kind of like Drinkwitz' and Kiffin's 4th seasons were. That does not mean a Top 10 season like Missouri and Ole Miss. Rather, better than a mediocre season, with a couple of upset wins. If that happens, maybe and hopefully there will be progress on the NIL front.

Drinkwitz and Kiffin have had money pouring into their programs and it has run parallel to their sudden surge. It's been documented everywhere. Where was everyone when Beamer had the year beating Top 10 teams and pulled an 8-5 while Drinkwitz was underwater in his 3rd season?

Drinkwitz and Kiffin have had money pouring into their programs and it has run parallel to their sudden surge. It's been documented everywhere. Where was everyone when Beamer had the year beating Top 10 teams and pulled an 8-5 while Drinkwitz was underwater in his 3rd season?
Drinkwitz did not breakthrough at Missouri until last season, his 4th. And Drinkwitz gave glimpses of his coaching ability during his year at App. State. Hopefully we will, too, surprise folks in Beamer's 4th season this coming year. Kiffin is a helluva coach. He produced one Top 10 team and, in other years won 2 conference championships, prior to coming to Ole Miss. And in addition to last year's Top 10 team in his 4th season there, his 2nd Ole Miss team finished 11th in the nation. I can only speak for myself, but, I posted, here, on this site, in the past, praising Beamer for having "overachieved" in his 2nd season. And not only for season 2, but also for season 1. Hopefully, Beamer will give us the kind of breakthrough season this year that will make the national sports media stand up and notice, just like they did Kiffin and Drinkwitz after this past season. Maybe if we surprise folks this coming season, NIL money will begin pouring into South Carolina.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker123
Drinkwitz did not breakthrough at Missouri until last season, his 4th. And Drinkwitz gave glimpses of his coaching ability during his year at App. State. Hopefully we will, too, surprise folks in Beamer's 4th season this coming year. Kiffin is a helluva coach. He produced one Top 10 team and, in other years won 2 conference championships, prior to coming to Ole Miss. And in addition to last year's Top 10 team in his 4th season there, his 2nd Ole Miss team finished 11th in the nation. I can only speak for myself, but, I posted, here, on this site, in the past, praising Beamer for having "overachieved" in his 2nd season. And not only for season 2, but also for season 1. Hopefully, Beamer will give us the kind of breakthrough season this year that will make the national sports media stand up and notice, just like they did Kiffin and Drinkwitz after this past season. Maybe if we surprise folks this coming season, NIL money will begin pouring into South Carolina.
I’m afraid that you are going to be disappointed in his fourth season as I don’t see any improvement in the win column from the third season. Way too many questions going into this season to think it’s going to be better.

Stock - Missouri is paying all of their players now. He didn't have a winning season until the money started flowing in 2022 which setup last season. Anyhow, I appreciate your response but we should probably move on because this is a waste of time and energy for both of us.

Stock - Missouri is paying all of their players now. He didn't have a winning season until the money started flowing in 2022 which setup last season. Anyhow, I appreciate your response but we should probably move on because this is a waste of time and energy for both of us.
OK. But, this is a crucial season coming up for Beamer and USC. If we have a mediocre season in 2024, recruiting will suffer even more, NIL or no NIL, putting the program in a hell of a hole. Let's both hope that Beamer is able to "do more with less" on game day.

I’m afraid that you are going to be disappointed in his fourth season as I don’t see any improvement in the win column from the third season. Way too many questions going into this season to think it’s going to be better.
Well, time will obviously tell. If you are right, 2025 will be "do or die" for Beamer, just like Year 5 was "do or die" for Muschamp. We are all on the same side pulling for Beamer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT