ADVERTISEMENT

When Do We Get Rid of Franks' BOY ????

Missouri will be favored by 2 touchdowns and ole miss has its best roster in their history this year. Kiffin could coach blindfolded and beat Beamer. The gamecocks have beaten the Tigers once in a decade and now with a new quarterback and new running backs and new wr’s they will be better. Can’t see the trees for the forest.
My question to you is the same: If not this year, when?

Who said anything about winning the SEC? I'm talking about just going to a bowl game.
You missed a key word, win IN the sec.! If you are going to be so critical of every positive post at least get your reading comprehension down before you blast!

My question to you is the same: If not this year, when?
Being in your 4th year doesn’t qualify a coach for success. This season I expect the offense will take a step back because of the fact a new starting quarterback with New players around him. It takes awhile for everyone to get on the same page plus I don’t see any all-conference players on offense going into this year. Defense is going to have to work harder to keep them in the game. The gamecocks don’t have enough talent to consistently compete with the top teams in the league. If Beamer gets fired in the next couple of years because of his record do you see him getting another head coaching position?

Being in your 4th year doesn’t qualify a coach for success. This season I expect the offense will take a step back because of the fact a new starting quarterback with New players around him. It takes awhile for everyone to get on the same page plus I don’t see any all-conference players on offense going into this year. Defense is going to have to work harder to keep them in the game. The gamecocks don’t have enough talent to consistently compete with the top teams in the league. If Beamer gets fired in the next couple of years because of his record do you see him getting another head coaching position?

I love how fans just waffle back and forth. This year Beamer is going to get a break because the offense is new. Then next year we lose a bunch of defensive players so fans are going to argue it's unfair to judge him in 2025 because the defense is so young.

But a 4th season means that the majority of players are your recruits. And through the portal, he has brought in 2 Top 10 classes, including this past class. And he seems to have upgraded his coaching staff.

To answer your question: No, I don't.

My question to you: Is Beamer the right Head Coach for our job?

Last edited:
My turn to ask you a question. You are open to having HUGE faith in Beamer. This season, his 4th at USC, the majority of the players will be HIS recruits. He made multiple changes on his coaching staff after last season. This is Beamer's 4th season. In Drinkwitz and Kiffin's 4th seasons, they led their teams to Top 10 seasons. Now I'm not predicting, nor expecting a Top 10 season from Beamer. But he did not inherit any better a situation than Drinkwitz and Kiffin. The later 2 coaches also replaced fired coaches. At least Beamer replaced a coach known for his recruiting ability. In fact, Muschamp's classes were ranked higher than Beamers'. Again, I'm not predicting a Top 10 team from Beamer this season. No, not at all. In fact, I am predicting a 7-5 team, which is very mediocre in his 4th season here. But considering the schedule, that would be good and considered a "breakthrough" season.

My question is If not this season, when? Head Coaches rarely, especially those who have no track record, rarely get to go beyond a 5th season. Sam Pittman, who has a similar background to Beamer, is on the hot seat. One has said he will be fired by Halloween. And to complicate matters for Beamer, Clemson is said by some to have one of the VERY best defenses in the nation and on their way back to national relevancy. This is the SEC. The schedule plus Clemson will always be tough.
You're talking about the 4-year thing again. Most of the historical analysis you mention is irrelevant unless something changes. Ole Miss and Missouri are terrible comparisons for us at this point. They are the biggest winners in the SEC in this new money game and that has been well publicized. We are unfortunately part of the club that can't afford to pay many recruits and also can't retain our best talent so we're on the losing end as of today. If Sellers and those two 4-WRs you mentioned have a good season, chances are we won't be able to retain them all.

I think the AD will switch Beamer out when there's enough heat from the fans and media to do so. Much will depend on his performance this year and next. Similar to Muschamp, if he records a couple of 4 win seasons or less, he'll be gone. Otherwise, our fans will still fill the stadium and the AD will be fine collecting its SEC revenue check each year.

I'm not fond of the fact football has become this irrelevant for us either. But the reality is that the new system is unfair and you need to have money we haven't demonstrated we possess to be competitive on any consistent basis.

Last edited:
You're talking about the 4-year thing again. Most of the historical analysis you mention is irrelevant unless something changes. Ole Miss and Missouri are terrible comparisons for us at this point. They are the biggest winners in the SEC in this new money game and that has been well publicized. We are unfortunately part of the club that can't afford to pay many recruits and also can't retain our best talent so we're on the losing end as of today. If Sellers and those two 4-WRs you mentioned have a good season, chances are we won't be able to retain them all.

I think the AD will switch Beamer out when there's enough heat from the fans and media to do so. Much will depend on his performance this year and next. Similar to Muschamp, if he records a couple of 4 win seasons or less, he'll be gone. Otherwise, our fans will still fill the stadium and the AD will be fine collecting its SEC revenue check each year.

I'm not fond of the fact football has become this irrelevant for us either. But the reality is that the new system is unfair and you need to have money we haven't demonstrated we have to be competitive on any consistent basis.
To interpret the answer to my question: "Much will depend on his performance this year and next", your answer is Year 5. (Tell me if my interpretation is wrong.)

I don't like to waffle on an answer. Year 5 is what I believe as well (and have been saying that from the get-go).

To interpret the answer to my question: "Much will depend on his performance this year and next", your answer is Year 5. (Tell me if my interpretation is wrong.)

I don't like to waffle on an answer. Year 5 is what I believe as well (and have been saying that from the get-go).
I'm a little confused by your position. On the one hand, you're predicting we go 7-5 this season with a brand new group we've never seen on offense and a schedule in which we'll be favored in 4 games. If we do that, Beamer will be at USC for years to come. On the other hand, you talk constantly about when Beamer might be released. It just doesn't make much sense. Can you explain?

Reactions: Ward Jr
I'm a little confused by your position. On the one hand, you're predicting we go 7-5 this season with a brand new group we've never seen on offense and a schedule in which we'll be favored in 4 games. If we do that, Beamer will be at USC for years to come. On the other hand, you talk constantly about when Beamer might be released. It just doesn't make much sense. Can you explain?
Yep.

Ward, I have also stated that I was vehemently against his hiring. BUT I also have stated that Beamer overachieved in his first 2 seasons here, which for some reason you left out (I wonder why you left that out?) What does that mean? That means I MIGHT have been wrong in being against his hiring. 2 out of 3 seasons, I feel he has overachieved. Thus, I'm betting he will overachieve this season. Now I admit that I may be letting my bias for wanting us to win show. But if he has done it 2 out of 3 times, I'm definitely not going to bet he won't again.

Downplaying the schedule? How does calling the schedule "tough" downplaying. That makes no sense. Or are you doing "double speak"?

As far as the article is concerned, I was just the messenger. If you feel its trash, take it up with the publisher. I have consistently said this season will be the "tell".

Based on what recruiting skills he was purported to have, I stand by the "bill of goods" statement. Not done a "bad job" in recruiting....2 statements can be true at the same time.

He could very well be over his head. And that's why this coming season is important to prove he is not, with the schedule ahead of us.

I have to get back to my investments, working on a portfolio adjustment. I will check back here later.

Stock - As Paleo mentioned, you're calling for 7-5 with a totally unknown team and a brutal schedule. Virtually no one is expecting that.

On the flip side, you're posting a crap hit piece and trying to support it's validity while asking everyone when Beamer might be let go. It doesn't make a lick of sense. The two recruiting statements also totally fly in the face of each other.

Now back to your investments. :)

By the way, I never said Beamer owes anything to me. But, he definitely owes it to himself if he wants to stay as Head Coach. USC is not a charity. And you can post everything I have said. I stand by it all. But don't question my loyalty to USC because you don't know what you are talking about to do that. I am surprised, and frankly disappointed, that you would do that. I have both a Bachelors and Masters degree from that university. Just because you don't like what I post does not mean I'm anti-USC. I'm not a robot. There's no way people can agree on everything. What we do have in common though is we all want USC to win.

Explain how I questioned your loyalty? My position is that you graduated Magna Cum Laude from Lurker School with all of this double talk about your feelings of the current coaching staff. There's plenty of evidence to support this claim.

Explain how I questioned your loyalty? My position is that you graduated Magna Cum Laude from Lurker School with all of this double talk about your feelings of the current coaching staff. There's plenty of evidence to support this claim.
Jacque told you that
"Stock wants Beamer to succeed". You responded, "He has an interesting way of showing it". Your sarcasm came through clear.

Reactions: Lurker123
Jacque told you that
"Stock wants Beamer to succeed". You responded, "He has an interesting way of showing it". Your sarcasm came through clear.

You're posting hit pieces, telling everyone what Beamer "must do" to keep his job even though he's one off of Spurrier's win count while losing top talent, and also asking everyone how long before he might be replaced. What other conclusion is there?

Stock - As Paleo mentioned, you're calling for 7-5 with a totally unknown team and a brutal schedule. Virtually no one is expecting that.

On the flip side, you're posting a crap hit piece and trying to support it's validity while asking everyone when Beamer might be let go. It doesn't make a lick of sense. The two recruiting statements also totally fly in the face of each other.

Now back to your investments. :)
Ward, I have given my reasons why I think we will hit 7-5. You can look it up since you love to do searches.

Again, I was the messenger. It's out there in public, published.. I did NOT publish it. I was simply informing you guys what is out there. Take it up with the publishers if you don't like it. I have said before that "crap hit piece" that Beamer has until Year 5, and he has earned to be given to Year 5. Do your search and you will see that was awhile back.

I'm up 23% in my investments thus far this year to the S&P's 14%. I'm not complaining:D

You're posting hit pieces, telling everyone what Beamer "must do" to keep his job even though he's one off of Spurrier's win count while losing top talent, and also asking everyone how long before he might be replaced. What other conclusion is there?
I have said "Year 5" for a long time Ward. Do your search since you are into searches. I have never called for him to be fired on the spot. Post something I posted that said that.

Again, I posted what's out there in the public. I did NOT publish it. Get that through your head. My goodness!!

Reactions: Lurker123
Ward, I have given my reasons why I think we will hit 7-5. You can look it up since you love to do searches.

Again, I was the messenger. It's out there in public, published.. I did NOT publish it. I was simply informing you guys what is out there. Take it up with the publishers if you don't like it. I have said before that "crap hit piece" that Beamer has until Year 5, and he has earned to be given to Year 5. Do your search and you will see that was awhile back.

I'm up 23% in my investments thus far this year to the S&P's 14%. I'm not complaining:D

If you're believing we'll go 7-5 ,that would put him in a tie with Spurrier after 4 seasons and Beamer is dealing with the money system and a much stronger SEC East.

Why all of the other rhetoric until that doesn't happen?

If you're believing we'll go 7-5 ,that would put him in a tie with Spurrier after 4 seasons and Beamer is dealing with the money system and a much stronger SEC East.

Ward, this is a sports message board. It's the slow time of the year. What do you want posted?

Ward, this is a sports message board. It's the slow time of the year. What do you want posted?

Oh, by all means, post whatever you want. But also expect some to check your thought stream when it's all over the board - just like longer term members King Ward, Paleo, Cockn'fyr and DeeDave have done above. It's a sports message board. :)

Last edited:
Oh, by all means, post whatever you want. But also expect some to check your thought stream when it's all over the board - just like longer term members King Ward, Paleo, Cockn'fyr and DeeDave have done above. It's a sports message board. :)
And I welcome that. And in no way should what I have posted cloud my desire for wanting USC to win. In no way should that be questioned. It's like if I see a curvaceous blond and mention that, it should not be interpreted to want to commit adultery. Neither makes any damn sense.

And I welcome that. And in no way should what I have posted cloud my desire for wanting USC to win. In no way should that be questioned. It's like if I see a curvaceous blond and mention that, it should not be interpreted to want to commit adultery. Neither makes any damn sense.
I appreciate that confirmation and conviction, some posters seem like they would rather us lose so we can move on from this staff! I don't have the time for another 5 or 6 year rebuild, I'm ready to take the next step now with what we have built and that starts with an 8 win season, 7 if we look like an 8 win team.

I appreciate that confirmation and conviction, some posters seem like they would rather us lose so we can move on from this staff! I don't have the time for another 5 or 6 year rebuild, I'm ready to take the next step now with what we have built and that starts with an 8 win season, 7 if we look like an 8 win team.
Absolutely cockn'fyr. I do NOT have the time to start with a new coaching staff. I want Beamer to succeed. Doom and gloom ...."W'oe me"...is not part of my outlook. Some people here it looks like were pissed off because I mentioned what's out there published in the public arena already. I believe people ought to be aware of what's said. They don't have to believe it. Some here do believe it. Regardless EVERYONE should be aware of what's out there. It's like if you have a visitor to your home and someone tells you that "such and such is a fire hazard". You don't have to believe that. But, it's good to know what someone thinks. Shane Beamer does not have a track record like Steve Spurrier or even Frank Beamer. I don't have another 20 years to start over with a new coach. But if it becomes obvious that Shane is over his head, then action will need to be taken. But I believe that we will surprise people this year. Like I said, I'm not a doom and gloomer. People lean on the NIL crutch. Are we using our NIL money wisely? I really don't know. But in the 3 years of the Portal, we have done well in 2 of those years, including this past Portal year, for being supposedly NIL poor. Obviously, I don't buy the NIL excuse. Our portal results tell me differently. You know Bear Bryant was famous for playing up his opposition even if they were playing the Sisters of the Poor university.... "I want to apologize to the Mamas and Daddys of my players for putting them in against such tough opposition". Vince Dooley always played down Georgia's chances of winning....ALWAYS. It was hilarious. I live near the Georgia border. I heard plenty from Dooley. I guess it's an expectations game. Lower the bar. I just don't see it that way. I have us going 7-5. THAT is only ONE game better than ESPN's 2024 FOOTBALL POWER INDEX, They project us to go 6-6 and 33rd in the nation. There are 130 FBS teams. They project us close to being around the top 25% percentile in the nation. So my 7-5 prediction is close to ESPNs....imagine that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockn'fyr

Too bad not even you actually believes we will win 7 games this year.

Kentucky is the key game. Winning that road game early in the season will be a springboard. Lose it and it could all come crashing down, imho.

Agree that Kentucky is the swing game.

Win and we are looking for just one upset to get to a bowl. Lose and we're looking to upset two teams that are better than UK, that we just lost to.

We had a similar discussion about UNC last year. A win was an obvious boon. But a loss would mean that we needed to beat even better teams later on the schedule to make up that loss.

Agree, are they supposed to be better than their teams we've been beating? I say they'll be run heavy and I think they're going to be surprised how much better we are on the front 7

Kentucky returns 9 starters on defense. They will be favored at home. Gamecocks are not a good road team. It will take more than one upset to go bowling this year.

Kentucky returns 9 starters on defense. They will be favored at home. Gamecocks are not a good road team. It will take more than one upset to go bowling this year.
It won't be easy. No one ever said it would be. It can go either way. Most SEC opponents are challenges. But, this will be a new year, with a lot of different players and many new coaches.

There a very little examples where a HC could go 7-5 in his 4th year on the job, and that would be acceptable for a retention of "several years to come"

There a very little examples where a HC could go 7-5 in his 4th year on the job, and that would be acceptable for a retention of "several years to come"

If you're ranked #10/#11 in the SEC and manage a few upsets against the stronger, big money squads with a new group, that's going to get attention.

With basically all new faces on offense, he would receive an extension (and raise) if he went 7-5 with this schedule -- especially given what's happening with the NIL/Portal.

IMO, it would also buy him at least another two years unless he recorded a 3 win season or next the following year.

Much of history is not applicable for what Beamer is dealing with today.

They do this each year, and my memory is that some people like them as long as the quotes are positive.

I have no doubt that the media asks these off the record questions. But I also agree that the anonymous nature allows them to embellish or fabricate as well.
They're bogus. I said what I said.

They're bogus. I said what I said.
Tell us what you think of Beamer. I have said many times I feel he overachieved in his first 2 seasons. He underachieved in his 3rd. I believe Watson thinks we should fire him now. I disagree. Unless he screws up badly this season, he should get a 5th.

If you're ranked #10/#11 in the SEC and manage a few upsets against the stronger, big money squads with a new group, that's going to get attention.

With basically all new faces on offense, he would receive an extension (and raise) if he went 7-5 with this schedule -- especially given what's happening with the NIL/Portal.

IMO, it would also buy him at least another two years unless he recorded a 3 win season or next the following year.

Much of history is not applicable for what Beamer is dealing with today.
A built in excuse.
Next year it's all the new faces on defense.
The excuses from some of our fans are endless and come from an inexhaustible source.

A built in excuse.
Next year it's all the new faces on defense.
The excuses from some of our fans are endless and come from an inexhaustible source.

Right. Explain why our best players are walking out the door each year?

Where did our two best returning players go on offense this season?

You believe it's because they don't like Shane Beamer?

Or is it because we don't have $30mil to spend on obtaining and maintaining a team like many of the others in the SEC?

Back to the Future.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockn'fyr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT