ADVERTISEMENT

When Wynn rides the pine I hope he doesn't whine ;-).

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
These guys can come to USC and play a whole lot of the game they love so dearly, or go to the Bama's and Ohio State's and sit for 2-3 years. I know what I'd do.

These guys can come to USC and play a whole lot of the game they love so dearly, or go to the Bama's and Ohio State's and sit for 2-3 years. I know what I'd do.
If he can't play at Bama we don't need him. We need Bama level players if we gonna beat Bama. Not the ones Bama took to have depth.

If he can't play at Bama we don't need him. We need Bama level players if we gonna beat Bama. Not the ones Bama took to have depth.
Agree to a point but the thing is Bama took him they don't sign wannabes. How many Bama level players did we have in 2010 when we upset them? Not looking for a fight just making my point.:)

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Agree to a point but the thing is Bama took him they don't sign wannabes. How many Bama level players did we have in 2010 when we upset them? Not looking for a fight just making my point.:)

Somewhere between 20-25. Enough to thoroughly trounce their asses from start to finish.

I agree with you. But in those players minds they can play at Bama, Ohio State now. Because that is probably what the recruiters for those schools tell them.

Give it a rest. He made a decision that he feels is best for him. Why fans feel the need to bash a player that didn't choose our school is totally beyond me. Just wish him well and move on....

I agree with you. But in those players minds they can play at Bama, Ohio State now. Because that is probably what the recruiters for those schools tell them.
I agree with you, Freddie. I just wish these young fellows were a little more wise. But they'll learn.

Nothing worse than the comment that they could go somewhere else and be a scrub or come here and be a star.
Well, that's not exactly what I said my friend. These guys are highly rated recruits and will most likely see the field one day. Nor did I say they'd be an immediate "star." I was simply suggesting that they'll probably hit the field quicker here. Probably much quicker here, as we're rebuilding with a new coaching staff. Anyhow, I think my post wasn't the worst ever. Probably not the best either. I say...fourth best. Yes, fourth best ever! Have a great day. Go Cocks!

Its not that easy to get out of Alabama either

Alabama teammates isolate DB after transfer request to Georgia: 'All in or out'
Maurice Smith wants to transfer from Alabama to Georgia but is getting blocked by Nick Saban

Maurice Smith has been a reserve defensive back for much of his Alabama career, getting plenty of work on special teams but only recently moving to a starting job (as the team's nickelback) in spring practice. Smith is set to graduate this month and had plans to transfer out of the program to play immediately elsewhere.

According to his mother, Samyra Smith, Nick Saban and Alabama are "intentionally" making the process difficult on her son.

She told Seth Emerson of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Smith's first choice was to transfer closer to his home of Sugar Land, Texas, and join Baylor. After that school's scandal, he shifted his attention to Georgia, where former Crimson Tide assistants Kirby Smart and Mel Tucker are now building the Bulldogs' defense as coach and coordinator.

In a transfer appeal filing obtained by the AJC, Smith explained the hostile situation he was facing after requesting a release to transfer from Nick Saban on June 16.

"On Friday, June 17, I arrived at the athletic facility locker room to find my locker cleaned out and all of my personal belongings in the trash (photo attached) underneath trash," Maurice Smith wrote. "These personal items included my family photos, written goals, inspirational and sentimental items memorializing my deceased former friend, roommate and teammate, Altee Tenpenny, and items of personal value from my former teammates."

He can win Championships at the Bama's and Ohio State's so I know what I would do.

Hold on a sec. He stayed at Bama this whole time doing special team duty and when he gets to be a starter he transfers to his former coaches team? Why all of a sudden he is home sick? Oh well.

Hold on a sec. He stayed at Bama this whole time doing special team duty and when he gets to be a starter he transfers to his former coaches team? Why all of a sudden he is home sick? Oh well.

Seems to be a bit of a one sided story. And I would venture to guess that it was be the same treatment he would get at most any school in the country, when you requested to transfer out to play for a rival

Seems to be a bit of a one sided story. And I would venture to guess that it was be the same treatment he would get at most any school in the country, when you requested to transfer out to play for a rival
Agree 100%. Why not take all your personal stuff with you when you bale on your teammates they won't like it that's why it was in the trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT