ADVERTISEMENT

When you open the season at home and lose with a division 2 opponent, it's a long season.

How soon we forget - we lost to Francis Marion in the same year we won the National Championship - no I’m not saying we will win the NC this year but I am saying I am just as disappointed as anyone that we lost our opening game but I’m not giving up by any stretch either - long season - good team and better coach - we lost one game so there goes our perfect season - now if we lose the series - I may rethink this post but right now - lets see how the other 2 games go!

1 game does not dictate the season. I expect Kingston will find out who can man up in game situations, especially pitching and hitting with RISP.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
How soon we forget - we lost to Francis Marion in the same year we won the National Championship - no I’m not saying we will win the NC this year but I am saying I am just as disappointed as anyone that we lost our opening game but I’m not giving up by any stretch either - long season - good team and better coach - we lost one game so there goes our perfect season - now if we lose the series - I may rethink this post but right now - lets see how the other 2 games go!

You can't convince me we didn't throw that FM game that year. Opening of their new stadium and all. Just seemed to storybook to me.

You can't convince me we didn't throw that FM game that year. Opening of their new stadium and all. Just seemed to storybook to me.

Yeah, Tanner probably threw that game just like he must have thrown the opening SEC series sweep to Kentucky and the home losses to Wofford, and College of Charleston.

You can also throw in the 2nd SEC series loss to Florida... I'm sure Tanner just wanted to give those coaches a storybook chapter to their season.

SMH.

1 game does not dictate the season. I expect Kingston will find out who can man up in game situations, especially pitching and hitting with RISP.

Tell me that one game don’t matter when we lose to Kentucky in football again next year

Reactions: Pole
Tell me that one game don’t matter when we lose to Kentucky in football again next year
All games matter. A loss to a VMI team doesn't bode well. Kingston talks a good game and that scares me a little bit. The talent pool simply is not very strong after the Holbrook years and if Kingston can bring in the talent, we may become a power in collegiate baseball. For sure, it won't be this year and it will take time. As for the critics of our fanbase, we are no different than any otherfanbase, we win we are loud and rowdy, we lose and we become a little introverted and quiet. Right now the men's basketball and baseball teams have a long way to go to be respected again.

We shouldn’t lose to Kentucky in football or VMI in baseball. But don’t worry Monte lee will get it right in a couple years. Oh wait?!?.’

Reactions: Pole
Fans after one loss...

source.gif

It will be a long season (50+ games), which is why dire (or unrealistically optimistic) predictions after game 1 are premature and ill-advised.
Especially in the opening series with a new coach leading his new team for the 1st time. It’ll take him time to realize the contenders and the pretenders, and see what he needs to recruit in the future.
I’d be willing to bet this team will get better as the season goes on.

Just going to leave this here...

MSU swept by Southern Miss. MSU never led at any point in the 3 games, and was outscored 25-6.
LSU losing opening series to ND.

But the season is over for Gamecock Baseball? Now do y'all realize how utterly stupid y'all sound?

Yes it’s way too early to know how the season will go. But, we also heard the same everyone loses song when Holbrook was sinking the ship.

Just going to leave this here...

MSU swept by Southern Miss. MSU never led at any point in the 3 games, and was outscored 25-6.
LSU losing opening series to ND.

But the season is over for Gamecock Baseball? Now do y'all realize how utterly stupid y'all sound?

Not a very good comparative analysis. Southern Miss has a very strong baseball program, year in & year out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT