ADVERTISEMENT

Whit Merrifield just signed

A nice 4 year 16.25 million contract with the Royals , I can still hear the ping of the bat to walk it off

Love the MONEY NUMBERS. Wish I could have a cool 16.25 million contract, I would not give a flip about the amount of taxes that had to be paid.

USCALUMNI

Glad he got this signed. He was interviewed by Jay and Tommy within the past couple of months and he wasn’t expecting this to happen until next season. Whit was a serious injury away from being finished with baseball and not making enough money to set him up for life. He should’ve been an All-Star this season, was named the team MVP, and lead the AL in hits. Nice move by the Royals to reward their guy rather than taking advantage of his friendly contract. Very happy for Whit. The fans in KC love him.

Reactions: Garnetskies
I'm actually surprised it wasn't a little more than that considering how well he's played the last few years.

I'm very happy for Whit. It's a well deserved contract that he earned.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I'm actually surprised it wasn't a little more than that considering how well he's played the last few years.

I'm very happy for Whit. It's a well deserved contract that he earned.
Agreed. I thought it would be much higher. KC has a small payroll and he may have very little leverage at this point?

One the best all time stories of success. It would be a great 30-30 piece. Good for Whit.

This is great for Whit. Nothing but respect for the man. He played several different positions for the Gamecocks. Always gave 110% in every game.

Great news for Whit and his family! It might seem a bit low for baseball but remember he his already 30 and only has about 2 major league seasons under his belt. One of my favorite Gamecocks of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT