ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the guy that does the radio for lady G's ?

His name is Brad Mueller. A really nice man. I sat in front of he and his young son at a baseball game last spring. He said he was thrilled to be doing the ladies games and was now working full time in the athletic department.

Originally posted by roostah1:
Yep brad is the best we have, just my opinion though
Agreed! Brad has a much more authentic approach than Demetra. Much more enjoyable to listen to, and doesn't have
the cheeseball factor that Demetra has. Also not the self-promoter that are other announcers are. Just does his job.

Very quietly, Brad has done a very good job for a while now.

Originally posted by cock enforcer:

Originally posted by roostah1:
Yep brad is the best we have, just my opinion though
Agreed! Brad has a much more authentic approach than Demetra. Much more enjoyable to listen to, and doesn't have
the cheeseball factor that Demetra has. Also not the self-promoter that are other announcers are. Just does his job.

Very quietly, Brad has done a very good job for a while now.
You sir just hit the nail on the head! Agree 100%

Ray needs to get him a color commentator. If you watch him he is not only commentating by himself but trying to take notes while doing it. He does really good job, especially given his circumstances

Originally posted by jroblessiii:

Ray needs to get him a color commentator. If you watch him he is not only commentating by himself but trying to take notes while doing it. He does really good job, especially given his circumstances
I'm not sure if that's Ray's job, but whoever replaced Liz as the GM should spend a few bucks on an analyst.

Also, it seems like the men and women never play on the same day. Would it be possible for Brad to do the men's games
as well? I'd also prefer him to what we have there now.

At least let him do color. I don't think I've ever heard Casey say anything remotely insightful. Mostly he looks at the computer screen and reads statistics to us.

Many years ago a friend who works for USC told me that they had made a big mistake hiring Casey. They realized that he just wasn't good, but they also realized that there was no way that he could be gracefully eased out.

I've spoken to him a few times after games and he's always happy to talk about the game while packing up. He seems to really enjoy what he does. I see him talk to fans a lot before games before he goes on the air too. That's pretty cool.

He doesn't have a big head like some TV people do... he told me Derek Scott is doing Thursday's game on radio as he is doing the SEC+ TV broadcast. Derek is another one who I think does a good job for the various sports filling in for him or Demetra whey they're doing TV or whatever.

Go Gamecocks!

Brad Mueller is a good guy. He is a USC grad, and a former SID at a Division II school, where he did his share of radio and webcasts. He came to work at USC with the Alumni office. Fantastic voice, and he knows sports.

Demetra is hard to listen to as he tries to and seem really impressed with himself. Is he the same guy that does the Anderson Toyota commercials?

Originally posted by soon2bretyrd:
Demetra is hard to listen to as he tries to and seem really impressed with himself. Is he the same guy that does the Anderson Toyota commercials?
I don't know about Toyota commercials, but you hit the nail on the head. Trying to hard to sound big time when in actuality he sounds very amateurish. Comes across as a guy who got beat up a lot as a kid and is trying to make up for it in the media.

Put Brad on men's games!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT