ADVERTISEMENT

Who thinks 'Bama unseeds Clem as the #1 team in the land?

Y'all realize the only reason this game was even close was because it's really hard to get fired up for a game against a 3 win team.

Maybe Oklahoma jumps Bama, but Clemson will remain number 1.

OU has lots of impressive victories against ranked teams now. Bama does not. Just Miss St. who will not be ranked this week. Wiscy may sneak back into the top 25 after beating Minnesota. If that happens, Bama will still have one win versus a ranked opponent with none of those coming from the SEC.

Bama is a good team no doubt but their resume is not one that will allow them to jump an undefeated team.

Reactions: Matte Black
New #1 ALA New #2 OKLA New #3 CU new #4 IOWA

lets be objective. Bama has no wins over top 20 after this week and a loss. if notre dame and FSU win tonight Clemson has two wins over top ten teams. just because carolina pulls within 5 on last play of game does not knock Clemson's 12-0 record. Clemson would have had to lose today to have the horrible type loss Oklahoma has

That's the excuse y'all use every time an sec team loses or struggles. Can't have it both ways.
Didn't we beat one undefeated team in the ACC (UNC) and play y'all closer than anyone else in your conference? And we lost to The Citadel. Proof your conference is overrated.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
lets be objective. Bama has no wins over top 20 after this week and a loss. if notre dame and FSU win tonight Clemson has two wins over top ten teams. just because carolina pulls within 5 on last play of game does not knock Clemson's 12-0 record. Clemson would have had to lose today to have the horrible type loss Oklahoma has
Ok, let's be objective. Alabama has many more quality wins over power 5 opponents with winning records than Clemson does. Clemson has looked terrible in most of their road games, squeaking by bad teams. If they play each other, Alabama will likely curb stomp them. But then Dumbo will say that they would actually win 5 out of 10 and Clemson fans will take that as a victory.

You're the only one I hear whining about why your "number 1 team" didn't do better.
I'm not whining at all. Everyone is saying Bama is way better than us and
Didn't we beat one undefeated team in the ACC (UNC) and play y'all closer than anyone else in your conference? And we lost to The Citadel. Proof your conference is overrated.

Yeah. And the top 2 teams in your division just got dominated by the two teams behind us in our division. Your logic doesn't add up

Reactions: Tiger84til4ever
Bottom line is, if we don't have 3 uncharacteristic fumbles the game is not close
Takeaways, part of football. Heck we gave one right back to ya, 3 and out on another....bottom line in the game, upc outcoached USC. The talent gap on the field is not as wide as most believe.

Reactions: Matte Black
yea 5 pts on last play of game. do you find your logic a little off when you say "we suck and they barely beat us"? yet after at least three turnovers Clemson never trailed in the game. Clemson is undefeated with two wins against two teams in top 15. yea Clemson must have paid off the media, coaches, AP writers, and the selection committee to put them 1st.
Hey Tater, you beat the bottom dweller of the SEC by 5 points....You sound like the tater team let USC score that last TD...that's BS...They would have loved a total domination, yet they couldn't do it...against a "down" SEC team....again, your schedule sucks...let's see your ND win doesn't look good now...ND played a decent team and lost today...Oh yeah FSU....they're down this year....come to NW Florida and talk to their fan base...they think their team sucks this year....only you guys put them up on a pedestal...makes you look better...#1...I don't think so, you struggled against us today...and Watson looked rattled early in the game...

hey look another one. "we suck and you only beat us by 5 points" mentality. so in your books another moral victory?
No moral victories. Carolina sucks, right? I mean the citadel beat us! How'd we score 32 on clemsux and only get beat by 5? By the #1 (haha) team in the country?

The committee will whiff this week. All their decisions will be made for them next week. Add Oklahoma and stir.

No moral victories. Carolina sucks, right? I mean the citadel beat us! How'd we score 32 on clemsux and only get beat by 5? By the #1 (haha) team in the country?

It is kind of hard for the #1 team in the country to get up the motivation to play a team that just lost to an FCS team at home. You know? kind of like asking LSU to get up for a bowl game when they have NC hopes.

Reactions: 96gamecocks
I don't think there will be any change in the top 4, but I don't think the committee has it right, either. Committee will have to put unc at 6 in order to assure an acc spot, else ohio state could take that spot if clempson gets beat.

Last edited:
Bottom line is, if we don't have 3 uncharacteristic fumbles the game is not close
Are we playing the if game now? That has to be the biggest sore winner/loser talk out there. Either our defense exposed your offense and forced three turnovers, or your offense choked and gave up three turnovers, either way, a blemish on the Tigers. Turnovers are part of the game, even if you want to whine that's the only reason it was close. I suppose then if Orth hadn't thrown a pick in the red zone we would have won based on your logic.

It is kind of hard for the #1 team in the country to get up the motivation to play a team that just lost to an FCS team at home. You know? kind of like asking LSU to get up for a bowl game when they have NC hopes.
Haha, it's hard to get up for a chance to become 12-0? If that's the case then everyone on your coaching staff should be fired. But they were up for the game. And so were we. We just showed that Clemsons not nearly as dominant as they want people to believe.

Ok, let's be objective. Alabama has many more quality wins over power 5 opponents with winning records than Clemson does. Clemson has looked terrible in most of their road games, squeaking by bad teams. If they play each other, Alabama will likely curb stomp them. But then Dumbo will say that they would actually win 5 out of 10 and Clemson fans will take that as a victory.
Just pointing out everything you said is subjective.

Haha. No, I don't know. A true # 1 team doesn't win by 5 points to a team who just lost to the citadel & has only 1 conference win (in the SEC).

Totally different situation with LSU playing a crappy team (clemsux) in a crappy bowl after thinking they had a shot for the NC.

Do you think a #1 AL team would have difficulty getting motivated to play any team? When their #1 status, reputation & a playoff (and possible NC) is at stake?

So your logic is: "we're clemsux, the committee has ranked us #1 (yeah, I know!!), but we just couldn't get motivated to play SC because they lost to the citadel." Sounds pretty stupid, you know?

Last edited:
clemson whiffed ... did not COVER the spread for the 7th time this year out of 9-chances (Wofford & App State little league games excluded from the betting) 2-7 performance for Vegas ... all those guys think clemson s*cks, along with football fans everywhere, in general.

Close only counts in horseshoes and bombs. We won...you didn't.

It's apparent you never put your $$$ where your mouth is 'cause if you did you'd be farther underwater than Lake Hartwell real estate. Not surprising though, of all currently ranked Top 15 teams clemson's had LESS MONEY bet on them to 'win' OR 'cover' than any other team ... even less than Iowa.
Bunch of scared, broke, TV/AM-radio bums.

You're right I don't bet my money on football games and don't really care that those who do chose not to bet theirs on Clemson! 12-0, 37-32, 67-42-4 and #1 ranked. That's what I care about. We Won! We Won! We Won!

You're right I don't bet my money on football games and don't really care that those who do chose not to bet theirs on Clemson! 12-0, 37-32, 67-42-4 and #1 ranked. That's what I care about. We Won! We Won! We Won!

OK!!! Uncle!!!
You can flap your gums, I'm gonna' spend my $600 on the grand kids Christmas. You tell yours you're a 'winner'.

Either Shaw or last year's QB(can't think of his name)would have won that game. Not putting Orth down as he was not even recruited but he did all he could.

Why are our fans so embarrassing? We lost the game, and played well. Now we want to put a 12-0 #1 team down and call them out when we lost and are 3-9. What am I missing?

Why are our fans so embarrassing? We lost the game, and played well. Now we want to put a 12-0 #1 team down and call them out when we lost and are 3-9. What am I missing?

Loyalty?

You're embarrassed? Well, sip your wine and give 'ol clemson a 'well done'!

I'll take the points, the money and the satisfaction of betting AGAINST clemson EVERY GAME all year (after passing on their little league duo warmups against Wofford and App State) - they came through in FINE FASHION ... FAILING to cover against Louisville, Notre Dame, Boston College, Florida State, Syracuse, Wake Forest and SOUTH CAROLINA. 2-7 ATS. Bums. Take UNC and the points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT