ADVERTISEMENT

Who will OSU go after? Like it or not, they

Poultrygeist

Feb 16, 2002
are one of the top programs in the country. I have no idea who would be a good fit there.

Osu will not be the same. At 39, that program is most likely too big for him. The situation at Oklahoma is the exception.
Riley had also already proven himself at stops at ECU and OU as OC. No one ever heard of this Day fella until Urban started talking about leaving.

Day could still try to poach some coaches so make sure we hold on to ours!

Osu will not be the same. At 39, that program is most likely too big for him. The situation at Oklahoma is the exception.

Even if Ryan Day fails, they will make sure he fails quickly. Ohio State will not be down for long. The legacy programs generally can bounce back. Nebraska is testing my theory here. Not sure they will ever regain their former glory. Same with Tennessee.

Day said he's entering this job with two top missions in mind.

"No. 1, win the rivalry game," Day said, referring, of course, to Michigan. "No. 2, win every game after that."

He's got it right...
So he knows how to conduct an opening press conference

Even if Ryan Day fails, they will make sure he fails quickly. Ohio State will not be down for long. The legacy programs generally can bounce back. Nebraska is testing my theory here. Not sure they will ever regain their former glory. Same with Tennessee.
A "down year" for TOSU is winning 8/9 games or winning 10 and losing to UM. They are the most consistently winning team among BCS teams....they have a different standard than most.

Dabo was 39 when he took over, you never know...

If he wins at the level Dabo has the last 5 years, he can coach there for life. If he wins at the level Dabo did for the first 5 years, he is toast. You don’t get the benefit of the doubt at OSU, and you can’t lose 5 straight to Michigan.

We'll find out this recruiting cycle and next football season. As far as I'm concerned, he's only got one game he HAS to win.
Cooper proved that. Averaged 10+ wins per season....couldn't beat UM consistently enough....got fired.

And they will never have another "southern" coach because of him.....that "damned Tennesseean."

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT