ADVERTISEMENT

Who you got for Replacing Will?

IDK, this is a tough crowd. I'm not sure Dabo would have been able to survive. He had less wins at Clemson after two years than Muschamp at USC, not to mention a losing record in his 3rd season. We would already have been talking about his replacement!

IDK, this is a tough crowd. I'm not sure Dabo would have been able to survive. He had less wins at Clemson after two years than Muschamp at USC, not to mention a losing record in his 3rd season. We would already have been talking about his replacement!

Dabo’s 1st complete season he beat Kentucky. From his 3rd complete season to present he won at least 10 games minimum

I have been advocating that we do what Clemson has done so...........Promote WR coach to HC.
No chance of Leach or Lane but would like to see either one but poster was right about a muzzle being put on Leach.
Scratching my head about Will bringing his OC from Fla when he couldn't do the job there. How could he expect him to succeed at USC? Then compounds that by promoting an inexperienced WR coach(who was asst OC to head OC who was fired)to OC. OC now has two jobs-WRs and offense. Seems both jobs are now suffering. Not so sure HC has to worry anymore about OC/WR coach being hired away.
HC gets paid millions to figure out what is wrong and fix it. Will he or will he just muddle thru? It won't get any easier as next year's schedule is tough.

Venables?

Heck of a DC, i am just not sure how good of a HC he will be. Could be great, but i am not sold he would be. I think a younger HC that has proven himself and has a phenomenal personality is the way to go.

I have been advocating that we do what Clemson has done so...........Promote WR coach to HC.
No chance of Leach or Lane but would like to see either one but poster was right about a muzzle being put on Leach.
Scratching my head about Will bringing his OC from Fla when he couldn't do the job there. How could he expect him to succeed at USC? Then compounds that by promoting an inexperienced WR coach(who was asst OC to head OC who was fired)to OC. OC now has two jobs-WRs and offense. Seems both jobs are now suffering. Not so sure HC has to worry anymore about OC/WR coach being hired away.
HC gets paid millions to figure out what is wrong and fix it. Will he or will he just muddle thru? It won't get any easier as next year's schedule is tough.
I was against the Muschamp hire but once it happened, I was hopeful he would learn from his mistakes and grow into a good HC. Then he rehired Roper. Face it, Muschamp will never put an offense on the field that will score points. He should just put his best players on D and play ball control.

He had an opportunity to make a staff adjustment and hired a guy already on staff.
Yes. I agree. Had a chance to think outside the box. Blew it i am afraid

I'm afraid that sounds a lot like SS' promo of Whammy and we all know how that turned out. WM comes across as brilliant so don't understand the mental block he has when hiring/promoting OCs.

I'm afraid that sounds a lot like SS' promo of Whammy and we all know how that turned out. WM comes across as brilliant so don't understand the mental block he has when hiring/promoting OCs.
Spurrier's Friends and Family plan included two sons on staff, including the one that ran our recruiting into the ground. He then promoted Whammy, who brought in his college teammate, Botkin, who was working at a high school after being sacked from coaching at the college level. Then we had Skip Holtz as heir apparent before Lou handed off management of the team to his son and his drunken cronies. Ughhhhhhh. Why does USC allow this type of crap to go on?

At least Muschamp doesn't have any kids on staff.

I'm in the camp of see where things are after 2020 and reassess at that point. There are improvements in recruiting and I'd prefer to stay positive and support the program although I'm just as frustrated with this season so far as you guys.
We are not going to go anywhere by hitting the reset button every 3 years though, that much I do feel certain about.

It took Steve Spurrier until his 6th season to get things rolling here.....6th season....

Don't disagree that it would be nice to have him back, but don't expect to see it. At least with the current administration in place. A lot of bridges were burned a few years back. Not sure they can be rebuilt.
I had always heard it was a personal issue. What is the beef between him and the admin...other than he has probably been the most loyal coach this school has ever had.

We lose to #2 UGA and #13 UK so we're talking about firing the coach?

19004_Mah_Tantrum_72ppi_RGB_150pixw_zps004875af.jpg

It's not that we lost to #2 UGA and #13 UK, it's the way we played against UK....

Especially in the 4th quarter, down by 14 points, the ball on our 9 yard line with 11 minutes left in the game, putting together a long drive, going 70 yards in 8 minutes, with no hurry, taking our time, milking the clock down, keeping the ball out of the hand's of Kentucky offense.. For what?? Throwing an INT near the end zone...

I could have done better doing that with flag football...

Reactions: lostcock and Aoq
It's not that we lost to #2 UGA and #13 UK, it's the way we played against UK....

Especially in the 4th quarter, down by 14 points, the ball on our 9 yard line with 11 minutes left in the game, putting together a long drive, going 70 yards in 8 minutes, with no hurry, taking our time, milking the clock down, keeping the ball out of the hand's of Kentucky offense.. For what?? Throwing an INT near the end zone...

I could have done better doing that with flag football...
That is why I believe that unless BMac develops an identity for this offense prior to the end of the year, you will see Werner take over. On offense we seem to do a bunch of different stuff, different philosophies, with little consistency. We seem to run a little spread, a little RPO, a little play-action, and perhaps some read-option....but none of it makes sense in how we employ it. BMac seems to have a lot of ideas, maybe to many, but doesn't seem to know how to mesh them together.

Don't want to see Leach anywhere near this program. He doesn't believe in defense at all and would get slaughtered in this league.

That is why I believe that unless BMac develops an identity for this offense prior to the end of the year, you will see Werner take over. On offense we seem to do a bunch of different stuff, different philosophies, with little consistency. We seem to run a little spread, a little RPO, a little play-action, and perhaps some read-option....but none of it makes sense in how we employ it. BMac seems to have a lot of ideas, maybe to many, but doesn't seem to know how to mesh them together.

I was betting on Werner to improve Bentley and that doesn't look like its helping...

Not sure Bentley has what it takes to be a great QB or if he is just stubborn and won't adjust....

At least he's consistent; consistently bad...

Jeff Scott. He learned from Daddy and he’ll run the program into the ground. Then we’ll hire a legend (Probably Urban Meyer) to fix it. Then he’ll make us competitive and retire. Hire a better legend (Nick Saban in a wheel chair) that will take us to a level we’ve never been before, for 3 straight seasons and then be ready to call it quits (or pass away). We dont talk him into coming back and go find the next young, hungry, up and comer and hand the keys over and let him work with all those advantages. I call it my 20 year plan. It’s fullproof.

I was betting on Werner to improve Bentley and that doesn't look like its helping...

Not sure Bentley has what it takes to be a great QB or if he is just stubborn and won't adjust....

At least he's consistent; consistently bad...
I wouldn't say bad, average/mediocre maybe. He struggles reading coverages and at this point I don't expect him to learn. Gonna have to adjust and limit his reads. He's limited.

Some of ya'll that are calling out Muschamp really need to get a life... He has improved this team leaps and bounds in the last 3 years...
..and if SC loses this week, more crazies will come out of the woodwork

This guy is a good football coach and SC is lucky he's here...

Just beware, you run this guy off, you can forget about the future of SC football for a while... you ain't getting a better coach, but lose Saturday and go ahead and vent some more...but just watch out what you wish for

Reactions: rogue cock
WM comes across as brilliant
Not so sure I agree. He reminds me of the guy who uses big words to impress people. To me he always sounds like he’s talking to a bunch of coaches at a clinic. He loves to use on-field jargon and terminology that many casual fans do not know. For such a smart guy he makes a lot of mistakes and his 3rd incarnation of USC football doesn’t look too intelligent.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
head-coach-charlie-strong-of-the-texas-longhorns-on-the-sidelines-picture-id487064750

Third and Long, Charlie Strong
The BEST MAN to get the job done.
Right. We want someone who couldn't win at Texas to replace someone who couldn't win at Fla.
If you want, watch his interview with Texas' BOT and AD. Very very unimpressive.

Reactions: midline
Ok - so many on this board want him gone like yesterday's tuna melt. I get it, seems to be a good recruiter but players look undisciplined and poorly coached and it feels like his hires are questionable before the guy can even start and prove you right.

What about Syracuse's head coach Dino Babbers? They are 4-1 and while they don't have a lot of depth they certainly can go toe to toe with most for at least 3 qtrs. I also like Charlie Strong at USF, did well everywhere sans Texas and let's be honest, Herman hasn’t exactly over delivered there yet either. He may have them headed in the right direction, but if they get whooped this weekend by OU, look out, he may end up in an unusually warm seat for someone in his second year.

Who you got?

I am very hopeful that you guys do not go after Dino Babbers. He is getting great effort and performance out of a team with a lot less talent than already exists in Columbia.

I guarantee you a higher profile Power 5 school will make a run at him soon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Babers

Ok this sounds insane but the only time we’ve been successful is when we hired a veteran , big name coach and we Milked the last few years of good football he had left . Not always a great way to do it but that’s what’s worked for us . Sounds crazy but what about Mike Leach . We get 5 or 6 crazy years out of him but this time we make it very clear that we want him to leave a year too early than a year too late . If Spurrier leaves after the 2013 season then we can hand pick any coach we want . What QB and Skill players would not wanna play in an Air Raid system in the SEC . It’s a long shoot but who knows .

Ok this sounds insane but the only time we’ve been successful is when we hired a veteran , big name coach and we Milked the last few years of good football he had left . Not always a great way to do it but that’s what’s worked for us . Sounds crazy but what about Mike Leach . We get 5 or 6 crazy years out of him but this time we make it very clear that we want him to leave a year too early than a year too late . If Spurrier leaves after the 2013 season then we can hand pick any coach we want . What QB and Skill players would not wanna play in an Air Raid system in the SEC . It’s a long shoot but who knows .
Leach refuses to play defense....of any sort. And his offense struggles against good defenses....He would get killed in the SEC.

Not only that, but we have a guy on staff who ran an "air-raid" type offense that was successful in the SEC.

Leach refuses to play defense....of any sort. And his offense struggles against good defenses....He would get killed in the SEC.

Not only that, but we have a guy on staff who ran an "air-raid" type offense that was successful in the SEC.

Yeah it would be a gamble . It would be the opposite of what we have now ... a D guy who can’t score . Hire the best D coordinator money can buy . I would love to see what his offense would do with SEC level Skill Players . He doesn’t like to recruit either but neither did Spurrier . It would be fun to watch for a few years .

Yeah it would be a gamble . It would be the opposite of what we have now ... a D guy who can’t score . Hire the best D coordinator money can buy . I would love to see what his offense would do with SEC level Skill Players . He doesn’t like to recruit either but neither did Spurrier . It would be fun to watch for a few years .
Not only that but he's as mouthy as Spurrier.

We lose to #2 UGA and #13 UK so we're talking about firing the coach?

let's see what happen in the next 2 games

Not that it would happen, but I would love to see Nick Saban be like Spurrier and take on the challenge of coming here. Didn’t Spurrier call him out on that when there was a debate on who was the better coach? I think I remember reading or seeing that somewhere..... Anyway if Muschamp does happen to get fired, maybe we can use that to our advantage and lure him here.

Don't want to see Leach anywhere near this program. He doesn't believe in defense at all and would get slaughtered in this league.

Leach would beat a bunch of teams no one expects him to beat, lose to a bunch of teams he has no business losing to, score lots of points and have lots of points scored on him. That could be fun if you like being the spoiler. But he won't win a championship.

They waited, but they also opened their checkbook, changed assistant coaches several times, and during those 5 years, they had a 9 win season, a 10 win season, and two 11 win seasons.
I rest my case in agreement, but I will continue to add that Dabo does and did not ever face the 4 to 6 games a year that we face. And never will in the Snowflake Conference. I'll go to my grave with that....but we gotta get serious with the purse strings ASAP about football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT