ADVERTISEMENT

Whoa....LSU offer to Lincoln Riley makes Tucker's MSU offer look like chump change.

If a certain AD was a little more forward thinking, a certain near and dear school might have had Riley for a lot less money.
If we ever had to pay $12 million to keep him, we couldn’t. That’s waaaaaaaaaaaay out of our league. And it should be.

Reactions: 3USC1801
Either way that’s a “s—- load of dimes”.

JqCM.gif

That is insane, spending this kind of money for a football coach , any coach, pro or college. Go Cocks
Why you are worth what people are willing to pay. Considering the amount of money college football has at play I would say it’s a just piece of the pie. Bill belicheik makes 18 million a year. How much do you believe he has brought in for the NE patriots over the years? Shouldn’t someone get paid what they are worth?

Reactions: caughtlookin
That is insane, spending this kind of money for a football coach , any coach, pro or college. Go Cocks
I'm not willing to say no coach is worth a certain amount, but I am willing to say a coach isn't worth a certain amount when he hasn't yet demonstrated he's worth a certain amount. Paying a coach more doesn't make him more likely to win a championship. But when a coach delivers a championship, you dang well better reward him for it.

Why you are worth what people are willing to pay. Considering the amount of money college football has at play I would say it’s a just piece of the pie. Bill belicheik makes 18 million a year. How much do you believe he has brought in for the NE patriots over the years? Shouldn’t someone get paid what they are worth?
Yes I agree to pay for what you worth , Dr’s that safe life’s , military and police that put there life for us, but a football coach? I don’t think so. JMO. Go Cocks

I'm not willing to say no coach is worth a certain amount, but I am willing to say a coach isn't worth a certain amount when he hasn't yet demonstrated he's worth a certain amount. Paying a coach more doesn't make him more likely to win a championship. But when a coach delivers a championship, you dang well better reward him for it.
Agree, but first prove your worth it. JMO. Go Cocks

Yep. Pay him, but never make him an AD.

Obviously Riley is not worth $12 million/year. It's LSU prerogative if they want to pay him that, but it doesn't make him worth it.

Reactions: king ward
After taxes, the money isn’t a huge difference, and OU gives him more each year. I’d much rather live in Norman (although Stillwater is better) than Baton Rouge.

If that is market value then whoever or whatever it is that determines market value is F’d up!

Sadly its market value because society values a winning sports team over things that should really matter.
On the flipside, its obviously a profitable venture or it wouldnt be occurring.
If people are willing to pay, then there will always be someone there to take the $$.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT