ADVERTISEMENT

Why all the hate!?!?

Yeah, I lost a lot of faith when I heard Ray Tanner on the radio bragging about our $300,000.00 recruiting budget. He used the three 11 win seasons to prove his point.

Ray, the is the freaking SEC. It never stops. Go big or go home. You better learn that in a hurry or you'll be gone. I love you for what you did with the baseball team but football is King! Let's go!!

All true statements.... Let me play devil's advocate How can Clemsux continue to recruit at a very high level. They haven't done what Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Ohio State has done in the last thirty years

I understand where you're going, but I think comparing Clemson's recruiting to Bama, Florida State, Ohio State, etc... is a bit of a stretch. True, under Dabo, Clemson has landed 2 top 10 classes, 2015 and 2011. Clemson has slightly out recruited SC, but not by a very wide margin. We are recruiting against Clemson for in state talent (they're currently beating us out), but we're also recruiting against Bama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, etc.. for the kids that want to play in the SEC. IMO, being a mid level team in the most successful conference is a tougher sell to recruits, than being an upper level team is a weaker conference.
Until looking at these rankings, I thought Clemson was killing us in recruiting. But overall the class rankings have been much closer than I thought (with the exception of 2015, when they killed us).

According to Rivals class rankings

South Carolina Clemson
2015 19 4
2014 16 13
2013 16 14
2012 19 14
2011 18 8
2010 24 20
2009 12 37

I understand where you're going, but I think comparing Clemson's recruiting to Bama, Florida State, Ohio State, etc... is a bit of a stretch. True, under Dabo, Clemson has landed 2 top 10 classes, 2015 and 2011. Clemson has slightly out recruited SC, but not by a very wide margin. We are recruiting against Clemson for in state talent (they're currently beating us out), but we're also recruiting against Bama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, etc.. for the kids that want to play in the SEC. IMO, being a mid level team in the most successful conference is a tougher sell to recruits, than being an upper level team is a weaker conference.
Until looking at these rankings, I thought Clemson was killing us in recruiting. But overall the class rankings have been much closer than I thought (with the exception of 2015, when they killed us).

According to Rivals class rankings

South Carolina Clemson
2015 19 4
2014 16 13
2013 16 14
2012 19 14
2011 18 8
2010 24 20
2009 12 37
You're right... but they are killing us again this year. If you scroll down the Rivals 250 you will see them pop up about four times to our one.

It blows me away that all these "fans" can get on here and bash these kids day in and day out. And how you can sit there and be armchair quarterbacks is even funnier. Am I happy with how this year has panned so far? No! But I'm not gonna act like I've been coaching in the SEC for 15 years and know what the hell im talking about either. Let the coaches coach, the players play! Do you're damn part and show up on Saturdays and cheer for a win. If nothing else these kids need motivation from 80k people to help them get on track. Not a bunch of whining grown men complaining at the drop of a hat!

Wheeww I feel better now! Rant over!
Well said brother, well said

I have no doubt he has not lost his competitiveness. I have no doubt he is trying. But the game has changed. Years ago he could win games without getting involved in recruiting and working at it year round. He had good assistants and good players. When you have those 2 things, you can win a lot of games. The assistants we had 5-6 years ago were way better than what we have now. I think there is talent on the roster but don't think they are being taught properly. The result, lots of noon games.
I like the spin there at the end. You said lots of noon games, but to be fair, our QB's last name is NOONez

Hey I like NOONez. He did great for a first game and I hope he keeps the job rest of the year. Definitely made the UCF game exciting. He is going to make mistakes but I just hope they are patient with him and let him learn. Think he gives us our best chance of winning.

Reactions: gamecockblack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT