ADVERTISEMENT

Why Aren't We Using Joyner?

Imagine how great he'd be for our anemic running game! He'd be a threat to run and we could use a bunch of different packages to get that part of our offenses going.

Is it that we don't want to burn his redshirt?

The coaches who see him play every day think he is not as good as the players in front of him. Just my guess.

Until we bring speed to the QB position we will continue to struggle. I am not stating that Joyner is that player, because he has not played in a college game. We need that player will a Conner Shaw like ability that can create when all options are gone.

I'm impressed with Helinski high school stats, but they mean a thing if he is not mobile.

Look, if the coaches thought Joyner was ready they'd play him. They see him practice every day, so you can believe they know how he's developing. They gave him some reps with the first unit offense last week but that, (I believe) was strictly in case of dire emergency ( like Scarnecchia going down with an injury and Bentley completely unable to play). As of now he's the number three QB. Remember he's a pure freshman, still learning how to execute the system. Jake wasn't ready his first year until after the open week, and I really never expected to see Joyner play at all until after that, if then. If the coaching staff felt Joyner gave the team a better chance to win than the two guys ahead of him, they'd play him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT