ADVERTISEMENT

Why such animosity toward your SEC brothers?

If Clem played a full SEC schedule every year, they would not have an unblemished record at the end of the season, or at least not be as healthy as day one from playing weak ACC teams all season. You were quick to mention losing the NC in 2015 by an onside kick, but failed to mention the win in 2016 was on a pick play.

First, I didn't mention the pick play because it had already been mentioned in the post I was quoting. If it makes you feel better, Clemson won the national championship over Alabama with a pick or rub route.

Second, I really don't understand the argument that "playing an SEC schedule every year" would somehow beat Clemson up so bad that they couldn't win the SEC.
If Clemson played the SEC schedule of South Carolina in 2015, they would have played 3 ranked teams all season in UGA, LSU, and Florida. Clemson played 3 ranked teams during the regular season in Notre Dame, FSU, and North Carolina. Clemson then proceeded to play #4 Oklahome and #2 Alabama in the playoffs.

In 2016, South Carolina played 3 ranked teams in TAMU, Tennessee (LOL), and UF(LOL again) before playing #25 USF in a bowl. Clemson played ranked Louisville, FSU, and VT before playing #3 OSU and #1 Alabama in bowl games.

2017 saw USC play 1 ranked team all year in UGA. Clemson played a ranked Auburn, Louisville, VT, NC State, and Miami before playing #4 Alabama in a bowl.

All SOS numbers show Clemson's schedule to be more difficult each of these 3 years. It would seem to indicate that if Clemson had to play the South Carolina SEC schedule they would have actually been more well rested from playing a less difficult schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTN-1 and FJRTiger
Clemson played the SEC champion within an onside kick in 2015, then beat the SEC champion in 2016 and beat the SEC west champion in 2017. Perhaps Clemson would only have 1 SEC championship in the last 3 years, but you could easily argue it could have been 2 or even 3.
I know we beat the acc champion a few times and we were about a 5th place SEC team

Does it make you feel better being a perennial loser in the SEC than being a perennial loser in the ACC?

Clemson played the SEC champion within an onside kick in 2015, then beat the SEC champion in 2016 and beat the SEC west champion in 2017. Perhaps Clemson would only have 1 SEC championship in the last 3 years, but you could easily argue it could have been 2 or even 3.
Actually you couldn't. It only takes 1 team to stop you from winning the SEC. Not sure who representing the west Clempson would have beat in Atlanta

Does it make you feel better being a perennial loser in the SEC than being a perennial loser in the ACC?
You can act like a fool all you want. You know since 2010 USC would have won the ACC at least 3 times. 1969 and the past has nothing to do with today. USC would be 10-2 , 9-3 at the absolute worst with the taters schedule this year.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Actually you couldn't. It only takes 1 team to stop you from winning the SEC. Not sure who representing the west Clempson would have beat in Atlanta

2 years ago Alabama represented the west and Clemson beat them. Last year Auburn represented the west and Clemson beat them. How can you "not be sure who representing the west Clempson would beat in Atlanta"?

2 years ago Alabama represented the west and Clemson beat them. Last year Auburn represented the west and Clemson beat them. How can you "not be sure who representing the west Clempson would beat in Atlanta"?
The point was WEEK in and WEEK out, Not one game a year they get up for... (well I think that was his point)..

The point was WEEK in and WEEK out, Not one game a year they get up for... (well I think that was his point)..

So you are saying that if Clemson had to run the gauntlet of Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Vandy and Tennessee they would be too beat up to beat the same Alabama and Auburn teams they beat the last 2 years?

So you are saying that if Clemson had to run the gauntlet of Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Vandy and Tennessee they would be too beat up to beat the same Alabama and Auburn teams they beat the last 2 years?
Exactly, (add in Georgia and Florida if you are picking them in the east) Those teams are BETTER (IMO) than any other ACC team..

Exactly, (add in Georgia and Florida if you are picking them in the east) Those teams are BETTER (IMO) than any other ACC team..

I think you missed the sarcasm dripping from my post. You are free to add in Florida and UGA to that list. That makes 1 top tier team (UGA) and 1 pretty good team (UF) that Clemson would have to beat out of 8 total SEC games listed. Not sure how that makes them so beat up they can't win the SEC championship.

Reactions: CTN-1 and FJRTiger
First, I didn't mention the pick play because it had already been mentioned in the post I was quoting. If it makes you feel better, Clemson won the national championship over Alabama with a pick or rub route.

Second, I really don't understand the argument that "playing an SEC schedule every year" would somehow beat Clemson up so bad that they couldn't win the SEC.
If Clemson played the SEC schedule of South Carolina in 2015, they would have played 3 ranked teams all season in UGA, LSU, and Florida. Clemson played 3 ranked teams during the regular season in Notre Dame, FSU, and North Carolina. Clemson then proceeded to play #4 Oklahome and #2 Alabama in the playoffs.

In 2016, South Carolina played 3 ranked teams in TAMU, Tennessee (LOL), and UF(LOL again) before playing #25 USF in a bowl. Clemson played ranked Louisville, FSU, and VT before playing #3 OSU and #1 Alabama in bowl games.

2017 saw USC play 1 ranked team all year in UGA. Clemson played a ranked Auburn, Louisville, VT, NC State, and Miami before playing #4 Alabama in a bowl.

All SOS numbers show Clemson's schedule to be more difficult each of these 3 years. It would seem to indicate that if Clemson had to play the South Carolina SEC schedule they would have actually been more well rested from playing a less difficult schedule.

Look at the polls, 7 of the top 20 teams are SEC teams. This weekend, those teams will begin the annual process of knocking each other down in the rankings. It happens almost every year. An SEC teams biggest adversary every season, exists within their own conference. It has been that way for years. Sure, some years it is more prominent than others, but it always exists that way to some extent, year after year. As for the ACC, Clemson is the only team in the whole conference that is a threat to anyone outside of the ACC, and no team in the ACC is a threat to Clemson. Yes, Clemson has a good team right now, but your conference is a damn joke. The ACC is so bad that some of the member teams started talking about jumping ship when Maryland left. The ACC commish and his boys saw the wheels falling off, so they created a $52 million fine for any team who wanted out. Even Clemson was talking about leaving with FSU. The only time in history that a conference had to hold its members hostage in order to survive! That is the legacy of the ACC!

Last edited:
This may have been already covered but it's easy to love (and pity, I suppose) your sister schools in the ACC when you can hammer their glorified intramural league 'football' teams every week by 40 points or more. Boring, too, I'll bet, which is why we have to put up with silly, immature, snaggle-toothed morons from TaterNet stinking up this Board.

This may have been already covered but it's easy to love (and pity, I suppose) your sister schools in the ACC when you can hammer their glorified intramural league 'football' teams every week by 40 points or more. Boring, too, I'll bet, which is why we have to put up with silly, immature, snaggle-toothed morons from TaterNet stinking up this Board.
Come on now, What do you really think!!?? ( i love it!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT