ADVERTISEMENT

Will braves change name?

While we are at it, let’s let them rename our streets, Universities, towns, states, and remove any remnants of our countries past. Let them change the history books. Let them defund the police. Let them change our flag and get rid of holidays. Let them riot and pilfer our neighborhoods.

Oh wait, this is already happening...

Now, don’t get me wrong change can be good. But, unchecked and non-legislative change is an attempted coop. We have the best system in the world. Yet it is not good enough. Our forefathers were brilliant. Not perfect so they created a government that can modify and check itself. Where does it stop? So, change the Redskins name. Name them the Potbelly Pigs for all I care. Where does it end? One persons offense is another’s opinion that it is not. Since when has our society become so sensitive? Did it start with the quasi fixation that everyone is a winner? Everyone get a trophy? No red pens to grade school tests?

We are so far away from “ask not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country.”

I just hate to see some of the changes because a group of people thinks somethings are wrong and need to be removed or re-named. As someone above stated it's mostly white liberals. They are going to decide for the rest of us what they think it correct. Nobody else has the wisdom, understanding and knowledge to know what is offensive except that particular group of people. The rest of us will just have to abide by what the white liberals have determined what is best for all of us.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs
It is a racist term used to demean white females.
Is that what you take away from it? Because while it does primarily reference middle-aged white females, they are of a particular temperament; i.e. women who think they are better than their contemporaries and everyone else around them and are always complaining about something. Karen is the one always demanding to "speak to the manager of this establishment" or complaining about being attacked when nothing of the sort is occurring. Karen is the perpetual victim.

Have y'all ever seen those videos were some young white kid goes to prison and some big tough guy makes him his property? Then the young white kid has to follow the tough guy around while holding on to his belt loop?

This reminds me of what's going on with today's corporate leaders, politicians and MSM.

Is that what you take away from it? Because while it does primarily reference middle-aged white females, they are of a particular temperament; i.e. women who think they are better than their contemporaries and everyone else around them and are always complaining about something. Karen is the one always demanding to "speak to the manager of this establishment" or complaining about being attacked when nothing of the sort is occurring. Karen is the perpetual victim.
Yes, and it is based on sex and race which makes it a bigoted term. You are either being dishonest or bigoted if you claim otherwise.

Do you feel this way about all racial and sexist slurs?

It is a racist term used to demean white females.

I do kind of agree with this, but I got to admit the one woman named Karen I know fits the stereotype to a T. She's bossy, knows everything, etc.

But, she's got a huge butt. I don't know if all Karens are supposed to have huge butts.
This woman's butt is like 50 inches wide and 40 inches deep. Sort of like big screen TV territory.

I'm just so glad I've never seen her in shorts.

Saw her in spandex, once, and that was about enough to make me swear off women forever.

Her husband's a little bitty dude, too. He's probably smaller than my wife, who's about 5 foot and 95 pounds.

So now it's Karens ?
Back in the day I remember Buffy's, and if you lived in the ATL it was Dunwoody Housewife.
I also remember JAPS, WAPS, CAPS (S. fla term) Polythene Pams, and on and on.
Karen's is just the latest rendition.

1. Injuns was always an incorrect description of the native people as I pointed out.
2. Accadians were french colonists who then were displaced by the British.
Through years of dialect Accadians became Cajun. Should Cajuns be off limits as you ask ? I am not the one to answer that question. You should direct that question to those of that descent.

The N word was also incorrect English. Both words are not descriptions but slang names used by many who were not taught grammar. That might have been well over 70%of the US population. So maybe I am missing your point. I am very well acquainted with Coonass history and their migration from Nova Scotia. The President of the US referred to Indians as Injuns.. That would be Andy Jackson. If it were a grammar contest I might agree with you. I read incorrect grammar lots of places, this site included. The first Cajuns were treated very poorly, but does anyone care? I can assure you most of them I know don’t give a damn what you call them, so that might answer my own question. I guess they have been able to overcome the systemic prejudice and persecution they received and melded nicely into American culture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT