ADVERTISEMENT

Win 6

usc573

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2000
Columbia
if we win 6, I think the majority of fans would say it’s a successful season. Will not be easy but hope it’s doable. Come on team. Give it your all and help Beamer’s recruiting. Please.

I do want to win 6, but the bowls are so crappy these days I really don't see the big deal. Yes, extra practices, blah blah. It doesn't matter if the players don't care and stand there while they get smoked by some team like Virginia.

if we win 6, I think the majority of fans would say it’s a successful season. Will not be easy but hope it’s doable. Come on team. Give it your all and help Beamer’s recruiting. Please.

The craziness towards Beamer on this board has been just that.....crazy. This board was FULL of posters preseason saying no way this team wins more than 2 or 3 games this year. Now, they are sitting at 5 with two more chances to get to a bowl. Muschamp and Tanner left this program a total dumpster fire. For any coach to have them in a place where they could make a bowl first year is a job well done.

And now we have "fans" fueling the speculation of Beamer to VT. It aint happening and all it will do is damage the momentum he has in recruiting which is what every Clempson fan repeating this hopes will happen.

The number of wins it takes that is considered a successful season depends on who you ask. Some fans are happy with 2 or 3 wins. I think a 10 win season is getting respectable.

This board was FULL of posters preseason saying no way this team wins more than 2 or 3 games this year.

And then a lot of those posters started saying 5, 6 and even 7 wins as the summer went on.

I specifically remember making a joke about the summer optimism kicking in.

The number of wins it takes that is considered a successful season depends on who you ask. Some fans are happy with 2 or 3 wins. I think a 10 win season is getting respectable.
Have to agree. Our fan base has now settled for mediocrity. A 6 win season get everyone giddy. Now to be fair to Beamer, for year one and our past two years record, 6 wins is somewhat an accomplishment I guess. I thought we would get maybe 4 wins. I'm not a Beamer fan, but believe in giving credit when credit is due. But, I am in no means willing to settle for mediocrity in the very near future.

Every time I heard they Vegas number it was followed by some version of "easy money".

The 3 ooc patsies and vandy made 4 wins the absolute floor for any team with a pulse.
My buddy was in Vegas when the odds initially came out at 3.5...he called me and promptly my $100. I think Vandy was initially 2.5 but not sure what it ended up. He also put $100 on Clemson which was intially at 11.5...looks like he will be a winner as well. Found the link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT