ADVERTISEMENT

With Hilinski Injury Not Serious as first reported by ABC

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
First let me say that I am thrilled he doesn't have a major knee issue! That's the good side of this. Moving to the bad sad of this.... this season we chalked up the reason for his struggles was because of being a freshman as well as he was hurt. (Anybody could easily see it when he moved). But in the same sentence we also acknowledge that he was not ever 100% and maybe not even 60% when you factor in the elbow injury (which lingered all season)

So why did Muschamp NEVER truly test out DAK or Jay for extended periods. After the Georgia game we went 1-5. We had a quarterback that couldn't move in the pocket, couldn't truly throw a ball down field and couldn't protect himself play to play.

Hilinski is all heart and would love 10 other guys like him on the field every down. But Muschamp and Co. did the kid a disservice by not letting his body heal up when it was apparent that the season was in the trash . That is where a big issue for me lies.

First let me say that I am thrilled he doesn't have a major knee issue! That's the good side of this. Moving to the bad sad of this.... this season we chalked up the reason for his struggles was because of being a freshman as well as he was hurt. (Anybody could easily see it when he moved). But in the same sentence we also acknowledge that he was not ever 100% and maybe not even 60% when you factor in the elbow injury (which lingered all season)

So why did Muschamp NEVER truly test out DAK or Jay for extended periods. After the Georgia game we went 1-5. We had a quarterback that couldn't move in the pocket, couldn't truly throw a ball down field and couldn't protect himself play to play.

Hilinski is all heart and would love 10 other guys like him on the field every down. But Muschamp and Co. did the kid a disservice by not letting his body heal up when it was apparent that the season was in the trash . That is where a big issue for me lies.
Kid has guts.He couldn't run,couldn't throw more than 15 yds.,and had to know with our oline he was a sitting duck praying the buckshot wouldn't cause further injury.And that begs the question,"What the hell is so wrong with Urich that he wasn't deemed a better option than a limping,immobile QB with elbow problems?"

Let me add to this. When it became obvious to all that the final outcome of the TAMU & Clemson (notably) games were no longer in doubt, why not make the change at QB at that point. You give much needed experience to the backups and reduce any further risk to RH.
Baffling.

Let me add to this. When it became obvious to all that the final outcome of the TAMU & Clemson (notably) games were no longer in doubt, why not make the change at QB at that point. You give much needed experience to the backups and reduce any further risk to RH.
Baffling.

When Dak did come in against TAM and got smacked hard on fourth down late in the fourth quarter... the next time we had the ball, why not trot out Urich, but instead, we bring back out Ryan... to me it makes zero sense...

Baffling.
Muschamp is a meat head. This is type of thing high school meat head coaches do.

Baffling.
Who was going to play QB? Jake was hurt. Dak was hurt. Jay Urich had been a WR all season and they were not about to let him try to throw the football. We went from having a good looking QB roster to being thin as a sheet.

Who was going to play QB? Jake was hurt. Dak was hurt. Jay Urich had been a WR all season and they were not about to let him try to throw the football. We went from having a good looking QB roster to being thin as a sheet.
Ulrich played against Clemson.

Reactions: howard13

Hell the wildcat play would work... No one would know who was get the ball out of the backfield including B-Mac...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT