ADVERTISEMENT

With the ladies season now over

Her bad habit is charging straight into the defender knowing she will get called for the charge and does it over and over. No disrespect but I think the newbies need her court time.

uh duh! She is our leading scorer and on ball defender! If the refs could recall what arc is for, she would get far fewer charges called.

Reactions: shiverz
I just think they need new blood. I'm not sure they had a best on ball defender. There were way too many easy driving lay ups.

I just think they need new blood. I'm not sure they had a best on ball defender. There were way too many easy driving lay ups.
I'm sure you know enough about basketball to realize man defense demands a rim protector step over to attack dribble penetration. Jennings wouldn't move a foot to protect the rim. So if KiKi or Saxton were not in the game, our guards had no backup.

It seems like Jennings conditioning was bad, or she was playing slightly hurt even though Staley said they were healthy. Girl was just slow.

It seems like Jennings conditioning was bad, or she was playing slightly hurt even though Staley said they were healthy. Girl was just slow.

I'm not convinced she was ever entirely healthy. Here's some video for her Kentucky days. She looks a step quicker to me.

But give her credit -- she was still 2nd team All-SEC. She was always a very good high-court offensive players.

Our perception of her senior season was skewed by having played Mississippi St and Baylor twice each, IMO. She's was over-matched against their bigs, as most players in the country would be.

I'm not convinced she was ever entirely healthy. Here's some video for her Kentucky days. She looks a step quicker to me.

But give her credit -- she was still 2nd team All-SEC. She was always a very good high-court offensive players.

Our perception of her senior season was skewed by having played Mississippi St and Baylor twice each, IMO. She's was over-matched against their bigs, as most players in the country would be.

Oh yeah, she was much quicker and a little leaner. But, I still appreciate her efforts and leadership of the team. Only Coates and Aja truly slowed McGowan down on our end. Even though the team made it to the SEC championship game - I still had Miss St winning. It was just their year. Plus, to quote Henderson - Baylor's post game "is something crazy".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT