ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer beats Florida 1-0!

We are relevant - a program that deserves to both exist and be supported, unlike their male non-SEC counterparts. I know, I know, soccer is big. Well, someone around here should do something to prove it in the men's program, just in case the SEC gets on board with men's soccer. Methuselah is our head coach.

Reactions: 67gamecock
We are relevant - a program that deserves to both exist and be supported, unlike their male non-SEC counterparts. I know, I know, soccer is big. Well, someone around here should do something to prove it in the men's program, just in case the SEC gets on board with men's soccer. Methuselah is our head coach.
Coach Berson should have been fired 10 years ago! You are right! Tolerance of his consistent failures is proof our administration is asleep at the wheel!

Reactions: king ward
why intrude on a thread praising great achievement to do a hatchet job on another coach? Who by the way is younger than you.

Look out....the volleyball team is ranked 23rd in today's RPI. 5-1 in conference, 14-2 overall.

Do we have a women's team that's not a threat to make the post-season?

Reactions: lawcalcock
I would, and I would say how I felt about about that situation.
Okay that makes two of us!!! I see your point!! But this forum is obsessed with two things. Firing football and men's basketball coaches.. Some posters like you and I support the entire athletic program. But we are a minority

Reactions: winloseortie
The young lady from Iceland, Selma Sol Magnusdottir, was a nice pickup on the recruiting trail. I wonder what the connection was? She has some very impressive goals & assists. Also does a very good job on the corner kicks.

Oh wait??? We have a men's program??

When did that happened???
20 trips to NCAA TOURNEY
2 final fours
Over 20 All Americans
4 players that played on the national team
Coach with the second most victories in NCAA history
Numerous players in pro soccer now
Several alumni coaching in college
But, yea let's piss on our own history in an article about the great achievements of a separate USC Program

20 trips to NCAA TOURNEY
2 final fours
Over 20 All Americans
4 players that played on the national team
Coach with the second most victories in NCAA history
Numerous players in pro soccer now
Several alumni coaching in college
But, yea let's piss on our own history in an article about the great achievements of a separate USC Program

But, that was 100 years ago...

why intrude on a thread praising great achievement to do a hatchet job on another coach? Who by the way is younger than you.
Out of an abundance of sensitivity to your umbrage, I'm going to try to be delicate. I'm comfortably retired - and have been for eight years. He should at least consider it, for obvious performance-related reasons. If he retired today, he would be anything but premature in doing so. As for intrusion: this is an open sports forum. The lights were on, the shades were up, and the door was unlocked. Oh, and I did praise the achievement of the women.

Out of an abundance of sensitivity to your umbrage, I'm going to try to be delicate. I'm comfortably retired - and have been for eight years. He should at least consider it, for obvious performance-related reasons. If he retired today, he would be anything but premature in doing so. As for intrusion: this is an open sports forum. The lights were on, the shades were up, and the door was unlocked. Oh, and I did praise the achievement of the women.
Not delicate! I see you as the guy who enjoys dropping the turd in the punch bowl and has problems dealing with somebody calling him on it.

Not delicate! I see you as the guy who enjoys dropping the turd in the punch bowl and has problems dealing with somebody calling him on it.
The next problem I have along those lines will be the first such. But if an issue occurs to me, neither will I hesitate to comment on it.

That could explain their record. Normally they are 1 of the top teams in the SEC.
They lost three starters early
•Parker Roberts was first team all SEC and could play central defense or center mid.
•Deanne Rose was a first team all SEC striker and made several All American teams last year. She also starts on the full Canadian national team and has even scored against the USA.
• Rachelle Smith who was a defender and second team all SEC.
these loses combined with a brutal non conference schedule @ Ohio state UCLA USC w @FSU @UCF has really added up. The odd thing is that they still probably have the most talented team in the conference but they have no cohesion and are a fragile team.

I have made no such attempts. I post the way I post. You take exception. I guess we won't be lab partners.
Out of an abundance of sensitivity to your umbrage, I'm going to try to be delicate.

I recognize condescension when I see it. Please don't try to piss on my leg and then try to tell me It is raining. It is insulting to my intelligence and your integrity.

Out of an abundance of sensitivity to your umbrage, I'm going to try to be delicate.

I recognize condescension when I see it. Please don't try to piss on my leg and then try to tell me It is raining. It is insulting to my intelligence and your integrity.
I was trying to be nice to you and respectful of your sensibilities.
I won't apologize. You seem prone to cynicism.

I was trying to be nice to you and respectful of your sensibilities.
I won't apologize. You seem prone to cynicism.
Well bless your heart, I apologize if my cynicism has so beclouded my poor little brain and ever so delicate soul that l have so misjudged your words. I mean I know you were just being kind to coach Berson and myself with your neutral insights that they were only meant to enlighten us on a subject we know so little about. Please accept my sincere apology

The young lady from Iceland, Selma Sol Magnusdottir, was a nice pickup on the recruiting trail. I wonder what the connection was? She has some very impressive goals & assists. Also does a very good job on the corner kicks.
Here is an article from USC's athletic website that sheds a little light
https://gamecocksonline.com/news/20...s-breakthrough-freshman-season.aspx?path=wsoc

"The school is really cool, too. I like the campus a lot."

Well bless your heart, I apologize if my cynicism has so beclouded my poor little brain and ever so delicate soul that l have so misjudged your words. I mean I know you were just being kind to coach Berson and myself with your neutral insights that they were only meant to enlighten us on a subject we know so little about. Please accept my sincere apology
Get a room, you two.

Reactions: Out of Conference
Okay that makes two of us!!! I see your point!! But this forum is obsessed with two things. Firing football and men's basketball coaches.. Some posters like you and I support the entire athletic program. But we are a minority
Me too. Agree with you there. Have enjoyed a lot of the other programs, initially because it was price friendly to take my kids often, then I became attached to the teams! Shelley and Jamie Smith do an amazing job with women's soccer.

I understand some of the frustration with the men's team which isn't as strong as it used to be, but at least they've made the NCAAs now and again the last few years. I get that some folks say Berson plays an antiquated style, but I think what also hurts him is that it's not an SEC sport. Clemson can tell recruits "come play for us and we will play conference games vs schools like North Carolina and Duke!. Berson has tell prospects, come play here and you can play games at Marshall and Nevada. Program isn't a dumpster fire though - just mediocre IMO. I wonder when/if he retires, if they disband the program to save money.

Me too. Agree with you there. Have enjoyed a lot of the other programs, initially because it was price friendly to take my kids often, then I became attached to the teams! Shelley and Jamie Smith do an amazing job with women's soccer.

I understand some of the frustration with the men's team which isn't as strong as it used to be, but at least they've made the NCAAs now and again the last few years. I get that some folks say Berson plays an antiquated style, but I think what also hurts him is that it's not an SEC sport. Clemson can tell recruits "come play for us and we will play conference games vs schools like North Carolina and Duke!. Berson has tell prospects, come play here and you can play games at Marshall and Nevada. Program isn't a dumpster fire though - just mediocre IMO. I wonder when/if he retires, if they disband the program to save money.
I don't think they would do that if they can reasonably foresee SEC adoption of men's soccer as a championship sport. I think it's inevitable - but I don't know when. We could be on the cutting edge if we had the right person in place. Just think of the SEC schools that don't have men's soccer teams at all above the club level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT