ADVERTISEMENT

Would the 0 and 11 team from 1999 beat this 2020 team?

That defense was solid. Our team today would have a difficult time scoring. Our defense is bad enough now where that 99-00 team may get a few points.

This team did beat Auburn, a down team but certainly better than our 99-00 team. I’d say this team would likely win, but only because Lou was trying to establish a style of football that season. If you took the players on the teams and let them run whatever offense / defense they wanted to, that 99-00 team had better players.

Would be kind of like watching us play Vandy right now. Somebody would definitely win and it wouldn't be pretty.

That team played 6 QBs that season but I think Phil Petty played the last game against Clemson and we did pretty good when he regained his health. Without Petty, this team would beat them IMO.

I believe the '99 team would win. Injuries hurt that team, especially on the offensive line. But I think it had fewer glaring weaknesses overall than this team. I do believe that this year's team stacks up nicely at running back.

With Phil Petty yes, without Phil Petty no. Our QB play was hopeless once he got hurt against Mississippi State. Didn't come back that year until the last two games against Florida and Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT