ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! What happened to my Biden leading in rust belt state polls? Did it go off the rails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a little. Kids my college student’s age do everything on apps these days.
I think that’s kind of the point. For now they can’t vote via an app so they’d have to put forth a little effort to vote. Historically that hasn’t happened.

I heard Brit Hume on Fox recently say several times, when asked about Biden, that he knew him personally and he was a terrific person.

Brit defends Trump on virtually everything. He will vote for Trump.

I’ve never heard Brit say Trump is a good man.
Dole & McCain were good men.

MSM treated them like crap.

Biden seems to be a good man.

Elected to the Senate in 1972.

Politically irrelevant for 48 years.

Good luck!

I think that’s kind of the point. For now they can’t vote via an app so they’d have to put forth a little effort to vote. Historically that hasn’t happened.

Not in big Enough numbers. That’s why voter registration drives are so important.
If even 4-5% more come out and vote, trump will lose.

They followed Trump's lead when he said that confirmed cases would fall from 15 to zero. They followed Trump's lead when he said that the virus would go away like magic in April with warmer weather. I do fault New York leaders for not asking Trump..."April, of WHAT YEAR?".
Cuomo and Blasio have never followed Trump’s lead. I don’t know if you are saying that for real or using sarcasm. Blasio andvhis health commissioner said everyone should celebrate St Patty’s Day.

Regardless, a pandemic in NYC is going to get ugly. No stay at home order early, dirty city with mass transportation and population density quickly made NYC the World’s hotspot. Their in a tough spot.

Dole & McCain were good men.

MSM treated them like crap.

Biden seems to be a good man.

Elected to the Senate in 1972.

Politically irrelevant for 48 years.

Good luck!

well, you changed the subject. Nice try.

I disagree though. I think Dole was treated quite well for his limitations and obvious disadvantages. I voted for him too.

I also voted for McCain. In 2008, he had pretty good coverage overall. He just happened to run up against a tidal wave after the unpopularity of Bush.

In 2000, McCain was a Media darling, but after years of war, he wasn’t the golden candidate in 2008.

In 2000, The Bush campaign and Republican Party including right wing talk radio like Limbaugh treated him like trash.

well, you changed the subject. Nice try.

I disagree though. I think Dole was treated quite well for his limitations and obvious disadvantages. I voted for him too.

I also voted for McCain. In 2008, he had pretty good coverage overall. He just happened to run up against a tidal wave after the unpopularity of Bush.

In 2000, McCain was a Media darling, but after years of war, he wasn’t the golden candidate in 2008.

In 2000, The Bush campaign and Republican Party including right wing talk radio like Limbaugh treated him like trash.
Is your point that Biden is now the "golden candidate" in 2020?

The dude has obvious cognitive issues.

Good luck to both of you.

Is your point that Biden is now the "golden candidate" in 2020?

The dude has obvious cognitive issues.

Good luck to both of you.

Of course not. I haven’t even hinted at that.

Of course he does. But trump does as well and it’s on display often. So that’s a wash.

I heard Brit Hume on Fox recently say several times, when asked about Biden, that he knew him personally and he was a terrific person.

Brit defends Trump on virtually everything. He will vote for Trump.

I’ve never heard Brit say Trump is a good man.
You say you never watch Fox or at least not often. How would you know if Britt has or hasn't said that about him. . Honestly, Who cares? I don't even know why I responded, but I did..

Just a question - what has he done wrong from a position of Presidential decision making?

Economy (pre Corona virus) best in my lifetime measured by stock market, record low unemployment and rising wage growth, holding other leaders (domestic and foreign) responsible, minority opportunities (jobs and housing/enterprise zones), US energy independence for the first time ever, etc. That is a lot of accomplishments in three years for any President.

Now, he isn't political in his presentation and can be brass even an ass sometimes. PC, he is not - he just believes and getting things done. I would rather somebody be brutally honest than sugar coat things and go back to their political circles and do nothing. I expect Trump is very hard to work for - I agree with that. But, I’ve known many great leaders that were asses. And Trump pivots a lot but he is a very hard worker - maybe more involved than he should.

One thing always in the back of my mind, Trump didn’t need to run for President. He did it literally because he thought he could make America better. I do believe that. He didn’t need it - he was quite successful and actually even loved by Democrats too. They hate him now because he beat their chosen one. He can never be forgiven for that. Most politicians run for office to gain additional personal power - few do it for the people. That goes for both sides of the isle. Now, Trump wants to move America forward - nothing wrong with that. JMHO.
Just a couple things on this. In terms of the economy the tax giveaway was a tremendous boost to the stock market. Companies used their tax breaks to buy back stocks and artificially inflate stock prices. For people who were fortunate enough to have large amounts of money in the market that was great. Unfortunately that’s not a significant number and even if you are excited about your 401k it’s only because that’s your option as opposed to a pension plan which was guaranteed money instead of a risk that saves your employer more than it helps you.

In terms of employment while they are at historic highs they are simply continuing a trend that was happening before he was elected. There is actually evidence that these numbers have slowed which was why people were asking about a recession even before the current market crashes. Realistically there is little government controls on this as there is a bit of a natural ebb and flow to all things with the economy. At a certain point you hit a wall and when things can’t continue to climb they will drop back to a point where they can start climbing again.

In terms of energy independence that again is a continuation of a trend started following 9/11 and really moving post 2012. I know Trump likes to take credit for these things like he did the Shell plant that opened shortly after he was elected. The problem with that is the plant was actually announced and started in 2013 so he had nothing to do with it. In essence the only real change he did was approve the pipeline which is a debatable cost/reward program.

In terms of “holding other leaders accountable” most people reference this concerning China. The initiation of the trade war with China was started with no weapons because he had already given away the only real leverage he had with the corporate tax breaks. Without any real way to leverage companies to open plants in the USA or use American made products it’s just empty threats. US companies don’t care about Tariffs because all they will do is pass them along to consumers. Even when he claims wins in the negotiations once the details come out it turns out it’s all talk and no substance. In the most recent trade deal China agreed to buy more goods as long as it was in their interest. If they determine its not in their interest there is no penalty for not following through. It’s also questionable the way he has handled the Saudi government not just in his handling when they murder their citizens but is it really wise to provide additional military equipment to the people linked to the 9/11 attacks?

In terms of success the only thing he’s really been good at is selling himself. His money has come from inheritance, licensing his name and obtaining loans he never paid back while ensuring he profited through these business in salary while not paying contractors who worked for him.

I will absolutely give him credit for selling himself. He is phenomenal at taking credit for things and it’s come in very handy his entire life.

You say you never watch Fox or at least not often. How would you know if Britt has or hasn't said that about him. . Honestly, Who cares? I don't even know why I responded, but I did..

I watch it occasionally and I see clips on Twitter often.
I cared. That’s why I mentioned it in response to your accusations of Biden being w liar, etc

that’s fine if you believe that but if you are a trump supporter like you, accusing another candidate of lying or whatever is irrelevant given your enthusiastic support for trump.

I watch it occasionally and I see clips on Twitter often.
I cared. That’s why I mentioned it in response to your accusations of Biden being w liar, etc

that’s fine if you believe that but if you are a trump supporter like you, accusing another candidate of lying or whatever is irrelevant given your enthusiastic support for trump.
He's a liar, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT