ADVERTISEMENT

You know you are bad when:

You know you are bad when you celebrate eons over ECU like ECU is UNC

I posted in the game thread that ECU is begging us to take this game from them. Pirates gave that one away, their offense is putrid. Their fans should be outraged.

We are nowhere close to being a good team. We have the pieces in place to be a decent team (stable of running backs, solid defense, solid special teams) but we also lack good QB play, consistent offensive line play, we don’t make good use of our tight ends, our WR’s are hot and cold from game to game, we make some of the stupidest penalties and good teams don’t do that. Get all that corrected though and we can be pretty decent. Possibly 6 wins, even.

We are nowhere close to being a good team. We have the pieces in place to be a decent team (stable of running backs, solid defense, solid special teams) but we also lack good QB play, consistent offensive line play, we don’t make good use of our tight ends, our WR’s are hot and cold from game to game, we make some of the stupidest penalties and good teams don’t do that. Get all that corrected though and we can be pretty decent. Possibly 6 wins, even.
That’s pretty spot on, but 6 is going to be tough!

Reactions: Robhawk29
Every one on the ECU board wants to fire the Coach because he lost to one of the worst teams they play this year. Not a good thing.
O, you ok? I know it sux we won. But, I have a 57 step plan for those Gamecock fans who get angry when we win. Just go on Amazon and get my new book. "Gamecock butthurt" and order it today.

I'm fine and happy we won and never said I was not. I don't know how you inferred that from my statement about the discussion on the ECU message board. They are but hurt, so I don't understand your post. Read what I said and understand that it was tounge in cheek and intended only to show what ECU fans thought of our football program and probably the rest of the world also. I am, nor have I ever been but hurt over a football game. Being a long time Gamecock and class of 71 graduate that would be absurd, and I would be on anti depression drugs by now if that were the case. You I'm sure are aware that several programs have fired their coaches because they lost to USC, most recently Auburn last year? Are you OK, or did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Last edited:
I'm fine and happy we won and never said I was not. I don't know how you inferred that from my statement about the discussion on the ECU message board. They are but hurt, so I don't understand your post. Read what I said and understand that it was tounge in cheek and intended only to show what ECU fans thought of our football program and probably the rest of the world also. I am, nor have I ever been but hurt over a football game. Being a long time Gamecock and class of 71 graduate that would be absurd, and I would be on anti depression drugs by now if that were the case. You I'm sure are aware that several programs have fired their coaches because they lost to USC, most recently Auburn last year? Are you OK, or did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Don’t worry, jeff just likes to have fun with it and that entails a little sarcasm from time to time!

Reactions: jeff2001
Every school says stupid crap like that after they lose including us. Regardless of the reality of how good a team we may have this year their Monday morning quarterback fans are not a reflection on our program. We can all see we're in a rebuilding mode and hopefully we have the staff in place now to do it. We don't need the belly aching fans of some mid major we just beat to help us.

O, you ok? I know it sux we won. But, I have a 57 step plan for those Gamecock fans who get angry when we win. Just go on Amazon and get my new book. "Gamecock butthurt" and order it today.
Expectations from the fans are unrealistic. They think we are national championship team! Fans could not even wait for the game to be over before their calls for OC to be fired! What is their true expectation? Or they are just the new Gamecocks of 2009-2014 ? I am a 93 Grad and I used to count when will we get to 6 if at all we get to 6 wins.

So you never go to an opponents board to see what they think? It's their pain not mine I look at and yes I like it.
I've done it a few times just a gloat. But I don't want to see them angry they lost to a bad team, I want them to give us our due. It is true quite a few times in our history teams have fired their coaches because they lost us probably including Florida firing Muschamp. That's a distinction We really should strive not to have.

Reactions: GatorlandGamecock
Don’t worry about ECU fans. They’re just pissed they were winning for about 59:46 min of the game and still lost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT