ADVERTISEMENT

ZaQuandre White

I think this was his final year anyway, wasn’t it?
I think with the freebie he would have one more year but RBs have a short shelf life so he probably needs to take his shot. Good luck to him. He was the best back we had this year and it’s a shame he spent so much time early on not being featured when he was the only one productive.

I think this was his final year anyway, wasn’t it?
I don't believe so because he had a redshirt year somewhere in there and if course didn't use eligibility last year, just like everyone else, but he needs to go while his body has mileage left, we'll be fine with Harris, Lloyd, McDowell, Amos, and the walk-ons and flex players for depth. Definitely need to buy some homers next class though unless we can grab some flips in the home stretch recruiting.

Reactions: rogue cock
Sucks that he won't play in the bowl, was playing better than any other back in the rotation. Really would be nice to win this game.

Some of his long runs were beautiful. That change of direction 20 yards down the field against Auburn (I think or maybe Florida) was awesome. Good luck!

Reactions: chief2791
So Debo gets crucified even though he was one of the best we ever had and Z. White gets love. This board never ceases to amaze or disappoint, depending on your viewpoint.
Well I’m not sure it was well communicated here that he was skipping the bowl game. If that is indeed the case it doesn’t change the fact that he was misused during his time here nor the fact that it’s a crappy move to bail on your team at this point. It’s pretty bad that the guy who is a potential first round pick is willing to play but the guy who is late round to UDFA is not.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
Well I’m not sure it was well communicated here that he was skipping the bowl game. If that is indeed the case it doesn’t change the fact that he was misused during his time here nor the fact that it’s a crappy move to bail on your team at this point. It’s pretty bad that the guy who is a potential first round pick is willing to play but the guy who is late round to UDFA is not.
99% sure White is sitting out. I honestly doubt he gets drafted. I actually doubt a lot of our guys rumored to be sitting out get drafted. No clue what they are thinking.

So I guess he'll be sitting out the bowl game.

99% sure White is sitting out. I honestly doubt he gets drafted. I actually doubt a lot of our guys rumored to be sitting out get drafted. No clue what they are thinking.

You got it... Good luck with that... I think player's like White are on the borderline of good chance to be drafted and teams willing to take a chance on spending a draft choice on players like White want to see them in bowl games...

Any player who quits on his team is lame. Especially when the reason is "prepare for the NFL." Why don't you go to practice and play the game. That's the whole point of football.

I appreciate the time he gave the university and some of the huge plays he made this year. We probably don't beat Auburn without him. But I wish he would finish the season with his teammates.

I don't judge players for their decisions, but I would like to remind everyone that Jadeveon played his azz off his last game (Outback Bowl).
He did. But isn't leaving school early for the NFL technically considered "quitting?"

Not calling you out or anything. I'm just curious where people draw the line.

He did. But isn't leaving school early for the NFL technically considered "quitting?"

Not calling you out or anything. I'm just curious where people draw the line.
It's as clear as black and white to me. Yes, Z White quit. Me as a fan, yes, I wish he would finish what he started and play the bowl game. I'm not Z White, and I don't have the amount of money possibly on the line that he has. He made a personal and professional decision, I have to respect him for that and wish him well. We can be disappointed with the decision he made and still wish him the best at the same time.

It's as clear as black and white to me. Yes, Z White quit. Me as a fan, yes, I wish he would finish what he started and play the bowl game. I'm not Z White, and I don't have the amount of money possibly on the line that he has. He made a personal and professional decision, I have to respect him for that and wish him well. We can be disappointed with the decision he made and still wish him the best at the same time.
I was actually referring to the idea of Clowney leaving for the NFL early. He had an entire year of eligibility left. (As did Gilmore, Lattimore et al.)

Is that also considered quitting on one's team? Why or why not? 🤷‍♂️

I was actually referring to the idea of Clowney leaving for the NFL early. He had an entire year of eligibility left. (As did Gilmore, Lattimore et al.)

To answer why it's different, Z White quit on the 2021 Gamecocks by not finishing the season. Clowney never started the season with the 2014 Gamecocks. Every year is a different team, so you can't quit on the team you were never a part of.

Big difference between not exhausting your college eligibility and not finishing the season.
Fair enough. But we fans have to realize just how meaningless most of these bowl games really are in the grand scheme of things.

Full disclosure: As a fan, I selfishly would like to see them play. But I totally understand the risk/reward they have to consider when making their decisions. Especially when guys like Lattimore and Deebo have experienced debilitating injuries that can -- and DO -- threaten their professional futures.

Fair enough. But we fans have to realize just how meaningless most of these bowl games really are in the grand scheme of things.

Full disclosure: As a fan, I selfishly would like to see them play. But I totally understand the risk/reward they have to consider when making their decisions. Especially when guys like Lattimore and Deebo have experienced debilitating injuries that can -- and DO -- threaten their professional futures.
I understand it. But that doesn't make it right.

In the grand scheme though, how is this bowl game any less meaningless than the Clemson game? We were 6-5. Winning that game wasn't going to change anything, other than give fans bragging rights. As soon as we were eliminated from contention in the east, technically the entire season was meaningless.

Reactions: Dizzy01

No, don't consider it quitting personally, I consider it moving on with your professional life. Get the most out of them when they're here, and when they move on wish them luck.

My son is making the same decision unless something drastically changes between now and then. He's academically a Sr, but he could return next year for his extra athletic/covid year, would almost assuredly be a weekend starter. He's playing this year out, graduating, and moving on. Getting married, has a job tentatively lined up after graduation, just moving on with life. Me, selfishly I'd like to for him to play until nobody gives him a jersey anymore, but it's his life his decision.

Can the same thing go for coaches? About this time last year people was complaining about a certain coach not quitting on his team to go to another team.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Can the same thing go for coaches?
Sure....all those high paid CFB coaches bolting for other jobs are likely being called "quitters" by their previous fans.

Did anyone call Spurrier a quitter when Mike McGee hired him? Seems they overlooked that Steve bolted on the 'Skins and didn't even tell the players?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Sure....all those high paid CFB coaches bolting for other jobs are likely being called "quitters" by their previous fans.

Did anyone call Spurrier a quitter when Mike McGee hired him? Seems they overlooked that Steve bolted on the 'Skins and didn't even tell the players?
In hindsight it turns out that we got the same quit from Spurrier when thing started sliding here as well. Maybe it was the sign of a pattern emerging.

If he and Kevin both went pro we would go from stacked to kind of really needing an SEC level starting back in my opinion. Lloyd might get there but I haven't seen it yet.

I understand it. But that doesn't make it right.

In the grand scheme though, how is this bowl game any less meaningless than the Clemson game? We were 6-5. Winning that game wasn't going to change anything, other than give fans bragging rights. As soon as we were eliminated from contention in the east, technically the entire season was meaningless.
In some ways maybe just walking out on the bowl game is an improvement over last season when guys bailed while the season was still going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT