ADVERTISEMENT

Zeb to start vs EIU

something like "The Natural"

GraciousGrimAdouri-max-1mb.gif

So, the former backup at North Dakota St who has only recently started practicing is the best QB? 😳

I guess it tells you something about where Brown is in his development that Zeb was able to come in completely cold in a new offense and earn the starting nod in just a couple weeks of practice. Some posters very on were saying that Doty was the best QB on the roster by a long shot, and it appears that's the case. Heaven help us if we sustain any further injuries there.

Yeah, I mean Gauthier is a true freshman , so it's understandable that he's no ready. Some on here were so adamant, arrogantly so, that Brown has elite arm talent and only an idiot couldn't see that he was our best QB.
I agree, it's baffling. While Brown may or may not have elite arm talent, that's just one single component. It is a HUGE step up from his previous school to SEC level competition.

He put himself behind the 8 ball when he came in out of shape. That's a huge no-no, no matter the sport, no matter the level. It's not what winners do. Winners and leaders come in with the crap they can control in order, and being in shape is definitely something that you can control.

I believe Gauthier is talented, but it's not a recipe for success to get thrown to the wolves as a Freshman (like Doty last year). He needs reps, he needs to acclimate to college football. Maybe he gets in for a few series this weekend to get his feet wet.

It just appears to me reading the tea leaves that Noland is our best shot in managing and leading the offense until Doty is healthy, I'm fine with that.

I guess it tells you something about where Brown is in his development that Zeb was able to come in completely cold in a new offense and earn the starting nod in just a couple weeks of practice. Some posters very on were saying that Doty was the best QB on the roster by a long shot, and it appears that's the case. Heaven help us if we sustain any further injuries there.
Uh oh, the Jason Brown fanboys aren't going to be happy. How did it go "he passes the eye test, he is the only one with an ELITE arm etc....). Guess Beamer didn't see what y'all so profoundly stated that the rest of us didn't see as well.

Surely they'll throw Brown out there some too....unless he really has underwhelmed.
I'd throw them all out there
As I noted in a previous thread, if we are ahead by a few touchdowns, that will more than likely happen. Obviously, we need more than one QB that has seen live action and I'm sure the coaches would like to see how the QBs handle in-game citcumstances.

I dont want to see us just run the ball all day. We have to get the WRs and TEs involved and pass the ball some. I would like to see 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing.
The passing game isn’t going to be as crisp as you think. Especially with a backup that just suited up a couple weeks ago. They need reps with Doty and they haven’t had that in a couple weeks, and as soon as he is healthy they will have to gel again. You can’t just go plugging in a backup and expect him and the receivers to click in two weeks. Run run run and run some more. We’ve got 4 backs, use them! If we get a big lead then let’s throw it around and play whoever and experiment. But don’t go letting a team like this hang around and lose whatever confidence we have.

Is his full name "Zebulon" ??
If so, sounds like he should be from Krypton 😆
Hope he plays that way at least

Yes...this is the GA. I thought they were moving him for the scout QB position....shows what I know or either he just surprised a lot of people.
I don’t know if it’s that he’s that more ahead of the other QB’s or they just wanted experience out there for the first game and he can give that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT