ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer's recruiting is killing the haters here....

Yep. This is the thing that could actually turn the momentum around.

I personally hope Beamer proves me wrong, but I'm still skeptical.
I don't read too much on this board...maybe it's been said. But...to me this is typical pro Shane Beamer first fans (Carolina second) rhetoric. If you guys really know of S. Rattler...you know his story. You know he's an Air Raid guy. He's been in that system or one very similar his whole "career" (HS while recruited through OU). Go look at the QBs who have failed or put up the best/worst at OU the last 20 years. He turns it over...has some decision issues. I hope he can succeed in an offense that is NOT Air Raid. I'm pretty sure we are sticking with the 12/22 personnel look going forward. He will make short throws and keep the ball alive with his legs....all great. Doty is that type guy as well...not as polished throwing...but also played in THIS offense last year. I'm anxious and hopeful to see how it works out.

It may. Saying it will is jumping to conclusions that you're claiming you're not doing.

We're going to need some actual proof on the recruiting trail. While Spencer is a high profile transfer, our actual recruiting class is worse than what Muschamp typically recruited. If you want to claim Beamer is going to be an elite recruiter, he's going to have to do it on that level.

Right now you're jumping to some big conclusions about backups transferring from Oklahoma. Will these guys be Joe Burrows or will they be Tavien Feasters?
It already had attracted better recruits, we got Stogner with him and a yet to announce third. This will, and I mean WILL make recruits who wouldn't otherwise consider us return our coaches calls. This is like getting Stephon Gilmore. You claim you want to build a winner and are complaining at every turn while we go through that process. This class is similar to 2017, Muschamp's first recruiting class without counting transfers, Stogner and Rattler are not like Feaster because they are already better players than we have at those positions at the college level. Recruiting is about relationships, if you start recruiting a top 5 class year one into a rebuild, you're cheating and the NCAA will bust you. This is how you build a program that will last. Saying this immediately ups our profile in recruiting is in no way an overreaction, claiming it means championships or that we are done building is

It already had attracted better recruits, we got Stogner with him and a yet to announce third. This will, and I mean WILL make recruits who wouldn't otherwise consider us return our coaches calls. This is like getting Stephon Gilmore. You claim you want to build a winner and are complaining at every turn while we go through that process. This class is similar to 2017, Muschamp's first recruiting class without counting transfers, Stogner and Rattler are not like Feaster because they are already better players than we have at those positions at the college level. Recruiting is about relationships, if you start recruiting a top 5 class year one into a rebuild, you're cheating and the NCAA will bust you. This is how you build a program that will last. Saying this immediately ups our profile in recruiting is in no way an overreaction, claiming it means championships or that we are done building is
Where have I complained about getting Rattler?

You're just making things up. You guys are in this weird, "I told you so" mode when it's far from decided if Shane Beamer is going to be successful here.

I hope Beamer proves me wrong, but it would be completely illogical to go ahead and pretend we're destined to be back to the promised land.

Reactions: DeBoer31

You're just making things up. You guys are in this weird, "I told you so" mode when it's far from decided if Shane Beamer is going to be successful here.

I hope Beamer proves me wrong, but it would be completely illogical to go ahead and pretend we're destined to be back to the promised land.
I didn't say you complained about Rattler, you're twisting my words, I said you complained at every turn.

You're complaining right now!!

No one said this proves Beamer will win here, he will but that's not the argument, the argument is that you and the peanut gallery have said we aren't recruiting well and won't attract any good offensive recruits, and that's the pile we're running your nose in and we damn sure should.

Aren't you the one who has stated we would have won 8 games with Muschamp this season?

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
I don't read too much on this board...maybe it's been said. But...to me this is typical pro Shane Beamer first fans (Carolina second) rhetoric. If you guys really know of S. Rattler...you know his story. You know he's an Air Raid guy. He's been in that system or one very similar his whole "career" (HS while recruited through OU). Go look at the QBs who have failed or put up the best/worst at OU the last 20 years. He turns it over...has some decision issues. I hope he can succeed in an offense that is NOT Air Raid. I'm pretty sure we are sticking with the 12/22 personnel look going forward. He will make short throws and keep the ball alive with his legs....all great. Doty is that type guy as well...not as polished throwing...but also played in THIS offense last year. I'm anxious and hopeful to see how it works out.
I get the concerns with the system because I have the same ones but Rattler has thrown 12 INTs to 40 TDs in his career. That’s hardly a guy who has issues with turnovers. If he had that rate here only Connor Shaw put up comparable numbers but Rattler’s season and a half almost matches Shaw’s four years here. At this point he’s likely the best QB prospect to come through SC.

Reactions: myrtlecock
uh oh @Joe MorrisonLives literally just said no one is making more out of this than it is...
I was not talking to you. What is your problem? You don't understand the bigger picture here? You are really going to argue that this wasn't a big moment for our program under Shane? Bigger than just getting a QB?

Put away your iphone and laptop and go play in the street or something...LMAO...complete lunatic. I guess your mother loves you...so you have that.

I get the concerns with the system because I have the same ones but Rattler has thrown 12 INTs to 40 TDs in his career. That’s hardly a guy who has issues with turnovers. If he had that rate here only Connor Shaw put up comparable numbers but Rattler’s season and a half almost matches Shaw’s four years here. At this point he’s likely the best QB prospect to come through SC.
I understand what you're saying...I'm not talking about all picks. I'm talking about his ball/hand placement in pocket and his ball security on scrambles and runs (both lost and retained fumbles).
Lastly....and this is NOT a shot at Rattler...just a cold reality. The SEC ain't the Big 12 (wild wild west of offensive football). Our offense won't tempo and get 84 plays a game which helps minimize the focus on 1-2 turnovers. When you run 64 offensive plays per game...those TOs hurt more.

You’re literally the only person in the world who thought Muschamp would’ve led us to 8 wins.

Even Muschamp and his wife didn’t believe that.
We shall see.

But if you're already calling Beamer a success, you were certainly calling Muschamp a success after the first two seasons.

No, I’m not already calling Beamer a success. It’s a work in progress.

Never called Muschamp a success after two seasons either.

What DID initially impress me about Muschamp was his work ethic, particularly compared to the prior staff. He just couldn’t sustain success.

Now, looking at CSB, he’s outworking the initial drive Muschamp had. If you look, Beamer is literally everywhere....being interviewed on cable news channels, making hospital appearances, showing up at Georgia state championship games....incredible energy and drive. Now we’ve beaten the odds, just received commits from two impact LB’s, and are getting a Heisman candidate, a 4/5* TE, and maybe an impact WR here to finish.

Can he sustain it, and can he improve the program?

Jury is still out on that, as it is with any coach. But I wouldn’t bet against him.

You remind me of the buzzkill Father in law in Christmas Vacation......”the little lights aren’t twinkling, Clark”....

Top transfer target based on what exactly?

dude…just come on out of the closet.

I guess differing sports businesses rating him the #1 transfer prospect was dreamed up. Those great recruits you referred to in another post about the taters recruits being better are simply opinions by rating services also. We were on espn sportscenter this morning because we got the top rated person in the transfer portal according to them.

You are one miserable “fan”

Let’s see…according to fgf we don’t need a pocket passer because they can’t succeed with our o line. We don’t need a duel threat cause they can’t throw like the pocket passer we don’t want. Lol

Was decision making an issue?

2020: 214 for 317 = 67.5%; 28 TDs; 7 ints; 3031 yds
2021 (7 games): 140 for 187 = 74.9%; 11 TDs; 5 ints; 1483 yds

We just got an upgrade at QB talent so I will take it regardless of who starts next year. But if we are judging by today, from what we have seen from all 2022 qb candidates so far, it’s Rattler all day long.

Shocker the OP is claiming a victory before the recruiting classes are finalized. This is the pre Missouri/Clemson game weeks all over again.

Right now we are fortunate in the mass turnover at a lot of the programs that traditionally finish ahead of us. Are you going to come back and change your opinion if Florida, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma or Oregon come back and finish ahead of us?

Would you really not trade our class for Clemson's? No one being objective would put our class above theirs. Right now we just have 8 more recruits than them.
Pathetic.

dude…just come on out of the closet.

I guess differing sports businesses rating him the #1 transfer prospect was dreamed up. Those great recruits you referred to in another post about the taters recruits being better are simply opinions by rating services also. We were on espn sportscenter this morning because we got the top rated person in the transfer portal according to them.

You are one miserable “fan”
link to anyone having him #1?

247 has him as the #11 and a four star.

link to anyone having him #1?

247 has him as the #11 and a four star.
As your waiter, would you like that link from when he was a senior in high school, or would you prefer me provide it for the top rated quarterbacks in the transfer portal? I’m just curious because you can easily Google this, but based on your post history you would just rather argue and debate than look at facts. So just tell me and I will supply this for you so you don’t have to tire your fingers searching Google.

I didn't see anything this season that shows Beamer is a better coach than Muschamp.
Unfortunately this is true (as of now). You all watch the games, correct?
Our team struggled mightily with ECU, Troy, Vandy....and got embarrassed against Tennessee, A&M, Clemson.
I mean...you aren't a detractor from the Carolina football team if you acknowledge that our two late wins in the season were in fact against teams that were shyte shows. UF....we all saw. Auburn...even with their injuries when we played them...their best two offensive players, and the two that the offense is built around bolt? We didn't leap tall mountains this year. I love those two wins...but the coaching, calls, gameplan and execution in 6 of our games this year were fireable offenses first year or not.

Unfortunately this is true (as of now). You all watch the games, correct?
Our team struggled mightily with ECU, Troy, Vandy....and got embarrassed against Tennessee, A&M, Clemson.
I mean...you aren't a detractor from the Carolina football team if you acknowledge that our two late wins in the season were in fact against teams that were shyte shows. UF....we all saw. Auburn...even with their injuries when we played them...their best two offensive players, and the two that the offense is built around bolt? We didn't leap tall mountains this year. I love those two wins...but the coaching, calls, gameplan and execution in 6 of our games this year were fireable offenses first year or not.
BS.

Let’s see…according to fgf we don’t need a pocket passer because they can’t succeed with our o line. We don’t need a duel threat cause they can’t throw like the pocket passer we don’t want. Lol

Was decision making an issue?

2020: 214 for 317 = 67.5%; 28 TDs; 7 ints; 3031 yds
2021 (7 games): 140 for 187 = 74.9%; 11 TDs; 5 ints; 1483 yds

We just got an upgrade at QB talent so I will take it regardless of who starts next year. But if we are judging by today, from what we have seen from all 2022 qb candidates so far, it’s Rattler all day long.
You're throwing up Air Raid stats....my argument on FGF about.....ehhhhh one year ago . I also reference it in another post. Air Raid numbers are what they are. You aren't going to find "bad" AR numbers. You have to look and compare to other AR QBs from past and present...that's all you can do.

Sadly....the one bright spot Beamer could've brought (the offense)....and he did not. He isn't an expert in it...but he could've easily hired a guy. Even a guy who is in a similar system to OC (like L. Riley's lil bro...at SMU). So, these numbers will not exist for Rattler in Columbia. Bad news broken, and I'm sorry to be the messenger. I WOULD be very excited to have an AR qb like Rattler in Columbia....if we are running AR.

Patently true. You can't sanely argue these facts. Troy, ECU, Vandy, A&M, Tenn, Clemson.
That stats are out there. The game film exists. It was terrible. Some of those games mentioned are in the top 10 -12 worst Carolina game performances in the last 40 years all in one year. Throw in Navy in 80s, Clemson IN 89 & 03....sure.

As your waiter, would you like that link from when he was a senior in high school, or would you prefer me provide it for the top rated quarterbacks in the transfer portal? I’m just curious because you can easily Google this, but based on your post history you would just rather argue and debate than look at facts. So just tell me and I will supply this for you so you don’t have to tire your fingers searching Google.
So, I’ll take that as a no.

As I said, 247 has him at 11. Does rivals have him at #1 or are you just going to lower that to random articles with no objective standard ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT