ADVERTISEMENT

USC @ LSU Game Thread

Every single time this team gets it in their head they’re good, they get this kind of wake up call. First things first, why in the world aren’t we kicking the ball out of the end zone every kick off. Secondly, where is Hilinski? Lastly, where’s this offense we were told would be “decent”?

1. Wouldn’t think those opportunities to think were good come along often.

2. Hilinski is putting the finishing touches on his transfer to Miss State to escape this dumpster fire.

3. Offense is descent compared to Pelion High, which is what we usually resemble. We’re going to average about 24 points a game, but with our defense that’s a problem.

We're the goat in the Jurrasic Park scene.

I feel like John Hammond at the end after watching Will Muschamp's decision making on the field goals and the QB and then listening to him say in the press conference he cant evalulate QB play during a game, and needs to watch film to determine how Hill played, John Hammond's "I really hate that Man" In a very solumn defeated way, sums it up for me and the incompentent feel Muschamp has for football

If we dont at least let another QB get some reps then wtf?

Think about this....every player (walkon or schollie) wants to play. Most of them understand if someone is better than them, but they still think they can play well and who knows, when the lights are on, they may be better than the starter. Seen it a million times. Hell, LSU may be dealing with this next week at the QB position (backup better than the starter).

My point is, a competitor has to be rewarded for all the long hours, the work, etc to feel like part of the team. When we are getting blown out, and it's over, others need to play and the coaches ego needs to stay out of it. I get no satisfaction scoring against the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers. What's the difference in getting beat by 35 or 42...they both suck. But at least build the team moral with some playing time for those deserving it and kids want to go where they know they will at least get a chance to play in some games. (And we are never going to blow someone out so let them play while we are getting blown out).

And another thing.........Burch, Huntly and Hemingway need to play more. You can see they want it, kind of like Ernest Jones. They are football players with the right mentality. Lord knows we need football players.

Think about this....every player (walkon or schollie) wants to play. Most of them understand if someone is better than them, but they still think they can play well and who knows, when the lights are on, they may be better than the starter. Seen it a million times. Hell, LSU may be dealing with this next week at the QB position (backup better than the starter).

My point is, a competitor has to be rewarded for all the long hours, the work, etc to feel like part of the team. When we are getting blown out, and it's over, others need to play and the coaches ego needs to stay out of it. I get no satisfaction scoring against the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers. What's the difference in getting beat by 35 or 42...they both suck. But at least build the team moral with some playing time for those deserving it and kids want to go where they know they will at least get a chance to play in some games. (And we are never going to blow someone out so let them play while we are getting blown out).
Man this was well said.

And another thing.........Burch, Huntly and Hemingway need to play more. You can see they want it, kind of like Ernest Jones. They are football players with the right mentality. Lord knows we need football players.

I agree they need to play. Burch should’ve made the tackle on the kick return. I saw two plays from him last night where it looked like he wasn’t giving all he had. Still gotta get him out there and coach him.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I agree they need to play. Burch should’ve made the tackle on the kick return. I saw two plays from him last night where it looked like he wasn’t giving all he had. Still gotta get him out there and coach him.
Muschamp is in jeopardy of losing the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT