ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 reporting Mark Kingston accepted the job

Time will tell how great of a hire it was, but I'm excited to see what he can do. He has done well as a head coach and with our facilities and level of talent in our area to recruit from he could be a homerun. Welcome to the program Coach Kingston!

giphy.gif

I assume he'll be an upgrade. Do know his South Florida team kicked Florida's butt 15-11 in Gainesville on May 9th, of this year. Mid week game I know but Tyler Dyson, the kid who was the winner the other night and shut out LSU for about 7 innings got wacked by South Florida that night.

Reactions: gamecock ed
know nothing about the guy, hope he does well here and gets our program back to national prominence again, it is not the "sexy" hire I was expecting, time will tell..

Oh, I'm gonna pull for him to win every single game....but sadly, our baseball program doesn't have the allure that most of us thought/hoped it did.
Wrong Rod my man you don't know actually interviewed maybe Ray took the man he wanted. We could have hired Bobby Cox in his hay day and you would holler foul. It's hard to believe you would pull for him to win every game and have to give up whining.

The guy had a loosing conference record at USF and finished third twice and seventh once in the conference. Sounds like an amazing coach! I keep hearing that he beat Florida....... lest you forget, so did Holbrook. I really hope it works out, but I have a feeling Ray will be retiring in 2-3 years.

The guy had a loosing conference record at USF and finished third twice and seventh once in the conference. Sounds like an amazing coach! I keep hearing that he beat Florida....... lest you forget, so did Holbrook. I really hope it works out, but I have a feeling Ray will be retiring in 2-3 years.
Before him, USF hadn't made the tourney in 13 years.

If you look at his whole coaching record, he won more conference championships than Monte Lee. Monte finished no better than 2nd in his first 3yrs at coc (5th,2nd,&3rd) Kingston was at usf 3yrs. All how you want to spin it

Reactions: jbouton
If you look at his whole coaching record, he won more conference championships than Monte Lee. Monte finished no better than 2nd in his first 3yrs at coc (5th,2nd,&3rd) Kingston was at usf 3yrs. All how you want to spin it
He turned down both Va Tech and Alabama this year. Thought was he was going to stay at USF until he heard from Coach Tanner. What has Lee done at Clemson in 2 years that Jack Leggett wasn't doing? He lost how many in a row to end season and then by some miracle was awarded a regional and lost at home again.

Go out and do some research, listen to what those in the know say about him and I think you will like what you hear and read. Think he has chance to be successful so everyone needs to give him a chance. I hate he is a tar hole alum but it does mean a lot that he turned down an ACC school and an SEC school but changed mind about staying when he heard from Coach Tanner.

Think Coach Tanner did a solid job, kept it out of papers and hired a solid coach. Two top 10 recruiting classes at USF who has no baseball tradition. That says plenty.

A loosing record sounds whoreish.

IIRC, his one bad year at USF he had 4 pitchers out for the year or most of the year with Tommy John surgery.

I wish he had hired Ray Tanner, who is proving to be a better baseball coach than AD.

I would have been in favor of paying Ray Tanner $1,000,000-$1,500,000 to come back to coaching. Then we could have worked on a new AD. Heck, I would take Hyman back. I know a lot of folks did not like him, but our facilities and athletic teams flourished during his tenure as A.D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT