ADVERTISEMENT

12th Game Rumor

DeepfriedCock

Jan 30, 2017
If Marshall plays in their Conference Championship game. West Virginia plays in their Conference championship game. We will play NC state in Charlotte on Dec 8. Total BS but it does sound possible.

If Marshall plays in their Conference Championship game. West Virginia plays in their Conference championship game. We will play NC state in Charlotte on Dec 8. Total BS but it does sound possible.

Why Dec 8th and why Charlotte? This rumor makes no sense and I am not directing thisntoqtrvyou but to whoever started the rumor.

Teams with no possibility of a conflict include:
UNC
Southern Miss
Wyoming
UNLV
Akron

Teams that can play but also still have a chance to play in their conference championship game (* indicates that playing in the CG is not likely):
Nevada*
Utah St
UCF
VT
WVU
App State*
Marshall*

From my quick and limited research, these are the only possible opponents.

Last edited:
Amount of folks who will show up at WB for a December game after a Clemson drilling: not many

Amount of folks who would show up in Charlotte: way less

My conclusion is that rumor is total BS.

Hard to believe -- especially the Charlotte part -- but I'd love it. I hate NCSU, and they are terrible .

Bring on VaTec. I want to beat a real team, and we are better than VT this season.
Then give me NC St in the Belk Bowl. I would pay to see both of those games.

This is the dumbest rumor considering NCST and ECU already have an agreement to play.

Tanner said last week that he hopes to have the game scheduled before November 5th to give a month for scheduling and preparation for both teams. The main thing is the 3 teams in discussion are still in conference races and the 2 weeks should help clarify which schools will be eliminated.

It’s likely the first school eliminated is the one we will schedule though it does sound like we would prefer to schedule Marshall...but maybe that’s me just reading into Tanner’s comments.

Charlotte better pay us billions of dollars if they want us to give up another home game. Then ponyup some more billions for next years game.

Any chance we can get our hands on el Citadel? I would like to get revenge on them, a week after we beat the playoff hopes out of the tigers! I’ll be playing sandstorm from Thanksgiving all the way to New Years Day!!!!

Reactions: 67gamecock
Our schedule is difficult enough. Give us a non Power-5 school, please!!
This is the type mentality that drives me crazy. If we are afraid of a 5-6/6-5 ACC team or a good AAC team, then we don't belong in a bowl game!

Too many bowls as it is! Anytime schools with losing records make bowl games it should tell you something. It used to be a privilege to go to a bowl game, now you just need to 2-6 in your P5 conference and beat a bunch of nobodies like the Big 12 and Pac 12 has been doing for yrs.

This is the type mentality that drives me crazy. If we are afraid of a 5-6/6-5 ACC team or a good AAC team, then we don't belong in a bowl game!

Too many bowls as it is! Anytime schools with losing records make bowl games it should tell you something. It used to be a privilege to go to a bowl game, now you just need to 2-6 in your P5 conference and beat a bunch of nobodies like the Big 12 and Pac 12 has been doing for yrs.
We lost to the citadel. Yes we are worried

Any chance we can get our hands on el Citadel? I would like to get revenge on them, a week after we beat the playoff hopes out of the tigers! I’ll be playing sandstorm from Thanksgiving all the way to New Years Day!!!!
We better wait until we get a better team that's capable of putting a major beat down on them before we invite them back.

Reactions: Pole
It' s
The dude does not abide with this rumor.

It's pretty much Southern Miss. They are the only (regionally appropriate) team who will know for sure whether they are out of their conference playoff by Sunday, Nov 4. Tanner has set this as the date for deciding the game.

Apparently you can't just say you're going to play a game at WB on Monday and have everything in place on Friday. Too much red tape in football these days.

I agree, a shitty team doesn't deserve even a shitty bowl. With that said, App St would whoop our asses and that game next year with them is highly in doubt.

My Dec 1 or Dec 8 tickets against (fill in the blank) are for sale. Face Value of (fill in the blank) is all I want. I also have a parking pass for (fill in the blank) game to go along with it. As of now I know where that spot is, but is subject to change due to the uncertainty of (fill in the blank).

What I find troubling is that a majority on here are hoping to play a team of Akron's caliber or less so it's a guaranteed win. And want nothing to do with any team that is halfway decent.
Then on the other hand some on here claim we would win no less than 9 wins in the ACC playing the likes of NCST, Miami,VT, BC and even Duke.
I'm not understanding how some reconcile the difference

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT