ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

I'm late to the news - I just found out today that Barker went to GA. Which I like honestly. I prefer to play against good competition in the conference rather than steamroll folks.

Even better news we landed Copper. She's a good one. Hopefully, Watkins follow suit

Last edited:
I understand your frustration about the football program, I’ve felt it for almost 60 years. But why kick the WBB program and its fans over that?
Not kicking them but jeez. It’s a nothing burger. No one person in the larger sports world gives two craps.

Not kicking them but jeez. It’s a nothing burger. No one person in the larger sports world gives two craps.
Sounds like we just need to get rid of our WBB Team as far as you’re concern. Honestly they’re are taken care of their business, therefore, why drag them into the picture to take out your frustrations!! Hell, they ain’t calling ball plays! We recruited these young ladies here to play basketball and damm if they don’t do it at the highest level! They represent the University, State of SC and all of extremely well, hell even the ones that don’t even care about them!!! They do their best to maximize profits in their program by putting out one of the best team on the courts in WBB. I’m not saying they don’t come in the red at the end of the year. However, if we have to give them a little extra to help them reach their goal of trying to be the best in their sports, let them have it! Hell they’re taking everything they get and they’re producing winning results and Bud that’s the bottom line!!!

We have an Olympic Gold-winning coach and Olympic Gold-winning alumni plus final fours and a national championship. We get noticed for our WBB program. Would we get noticed more if we had a FB program doing the same? Yes, but when have we EVER been as good in FB as we are in WBB? Even Spurrier never got us to one of the big bowls or the playoffs.

We have an Olympic Gold-winning coach and Olympic Gold-winning alumni plus final fours and a national championship. We get noticed for our WBB program. Would we get noticed more if we had a FB program doing the same? Yes, but when have we EVER been as good in FB as we are in WBB? Even Spurrier never got us to one of the big bowls or the playoffs.

It's amazing actually. We're pretty much considered contenders for the national championship every year. And Coach Staley is just reloading and reloading with Top 5 classes every year.

Yes. I double down. I don’t give a shit about women’s basketball.
Thank you for finally being honest on your 20th post after 7+ years on this site. Hope you can find a place on this board for your Gamecock football passion.

Also hope you have the courtesy to just move along from WBB threads. We are having a fun party here. We would love for you to expand your sports horizons and join us. We don’t want to deal with a person who is acting out like a immature troll.

To quote the USC student body

1,2,3,4,5. 1,2,3,4,5. Don’t go away mad, just go away. Step, step, step, step, step, step, step.....
SIT DOWN!

Last edited:
Did a look at top 100 recruiting over the past 5 years using. Hoopgurlz.com as the source.
SEC has signed 93 in the past 5 years

2022 12 includes Cooper 17 unsigned. This is the lowest number in almost a decade. PAC 12 is having a great year and has signed 10 of the top 22
2021 21
2020 15
2019 24
2018 21

Signees
USC 12
UT& MISS ST 11
UK&Vandy 8
Mizzou& A&M 7
UGA 6
OM&LSU 5
Ark&Aub 4
Bama 3
UF 2

Miss St has second best record but Vic’s leaving and Nikki’s illness leave this program teetering. Recovery or free fall? 🤷‍♂️

A&M has the third best record during this period. Clearly Blair is an excellent coach and maximized his talent. How much longer does he coach, he is 76, who’s next?

UT has third best record but has lost talent to transfers and just squandered it. Harper is good, competent and stable. But can she get them over the hump.

UK is next, my prediction is that they are a Rhyne Howard graduation away from implosion.

UGA is a program on the rise. May be a real rival in 2-3 years
Vandy 8 top 100 signees! What the hell happened??? Interesting what Shea Ralph said when interviewed by SEC, not an exact quote but message sent. “We are looking to establish a family atmosphere in this program. I am so blessed to have my husband as an assistant coach.”

LSU Will pick up but with talent loss after this year, not as quick a turnaround as their fan base or national press is expecting.

Ark 3 of the 4 in the latest two cycles and 5* Look out

UF averaged 4 SEC wins a year over last 5. Run Lavender Briggs Run. Auburn in even worse shape. Bama in the same boat although Curry is a very good coach.

Did a look at top 100 recruiting over the past 5 years using. Hoopgurlz.com as the source.

2022 12 includes Cooper 17 unsigned. This is the lowest number in almost a decade. PAC 12 is having a great year and has signed 10 of the top 22
2021 21
2020 15
2019 24
2018 21

Signees
USC 12
UT& MISS ST 11
UK&Vandy 8
Mizzou& A&M 7
UGA 6
OM&LSU 5
Ark&Aub 4
Bama 3
UF 2

Miss St has second best record but Vic’s leaving and Nikki’s illness leave this program teetering. Recovery or free fall? 🤷‍♂️

A&M has the third best record during this period. Clearly Blair is an excellent coach and maximized his talent. How much longer does he coach, he is 76, who’s next?

UT has third best record but has lost talent to transfers and just squandered it. Harper is good, competent and stable. But can she get them over the hump.

UK is next, my prediction is that they are a Rhyne Howard graduation away from implosion.

Vandy 8 top 100 signees! What the hell happened??? Interesting what Shea Ralph said when interviewed by SEC, not an exact quote but message sent. “We are looking to establish a family atmosphere in this program. I am so blessed to have my husband as an assistant coach.”

LSU Will pick up but with talent loss after this year, not as quick a turnaround as their fan base or national press is expecting.

UF averaged 4 SEC wins a year over last 5. Run Lavender Briggs Run. Auburn in even worse shape. Bama in the same boat although Curry is a very good coach.
I saw somewhere that Arky has 3 player committed for 2023. I guess because we only recruit elite players, we don't get early commitments. Or perhaps Dawn encouraging players to wait. not sure why. It would be nice to get some early ones once in a while. I thought Riley Stack, for example, would jump at an offer from USC.

I saw somewhere that Arky has 3 player committed for 2023. I guess because we only recruit elite players, we don't get early commitments. Or perhaps Dawn encouraging players to wait. not sure why. It would be nice to get some early ones once in a while. I thought Riley Stack, for example, would jump at an offer from USC.
Our outstanding 2021 class were all spring birdies who announced in mid-summer.

Maybe Stack is who Dan tweeted about this past Summer. But, then again, we don't know how firm Dawn's offer to her was.

BTW: Raoul is reporting that Watkns is down to us and UNC.

Our outstanding 2021 class were all spring birdies who announced in mid-summer.

Maybe Stack is who Dan tweeted about this past Summer. But, then again, we don't know how firm Dawn's offer to her was.

BTW: Raoul is reporting that Watkns is down to us and UNC.

ESPN is also showing it down to USC and UNC. I've never heard anything official, though. I only see pics of her instagram from UNC, so maybe Kentucky and MSU are out (with the coaching situation at MSU, I imagine the Bulldogs are out).

I understand your frustration about the football program, I’ve felt it for almost 60 years. But why kick the WBB program and its fans over that?
Two different sports that have no bearing on each other' success or failure. Yet there's always a poster that has to show up in a WBB thread to let us know "the womenfolk are making the menfolk look bad". News flash, the menfolk are doing that all by themseves.
Enjoy being laughed at by other schools. What a joke.
Enjoy being frigthened by successful women. Pathetic

With the #1 class coming in, everyone from last season returning, and now the addition of 5* 6'7 Cardoso, It's safe to say will be Staley's best and deepest team ever and could rival the Pat Summit teams. I don't see how anyone can beat us
You obviously don't follow the sport very closely.

23 is a BIG YEAR. We will have at least 7 open scholarships. Here is a look at who is on the mix

Reactions: DarkCock
That poster sounds like a Gamecock specialty fan. A fan who only supports a particular sport while showing a negative vibe against other Gamecocks sports. If you are a Gamecock, support all Gamecocks!

Reactions: taiwancock
One week from tonight ( Nov. 1 ) we have an exhibition game with Benedict. Looking forward to watching some of freshmen.

Then on Nov. 9 to open the season we've got a huge game with NC State in Raleigh.

That poster sounds like a Gamecock specialty fan. A fan who only supports a particular sport while showing a negative vibe against other Gamecocks sports. If you are a Gamecock, support all Gamecocks!
Doubt he knows the meaning of matriculate.

aneale1982 said:
Yes. I double down. I don’t give a shit about women’s basketball.
Thank you for finally being honest on your 20th post after 7+ years on this site. Hope you can find a place on this board for your Gamecock football passion.

Also hope you have the courtesy to just move along from WBB threads. We are having a fun party here. We would love for you to expand your sports horizons and join us. We don’t want to deal with a person who is acting out like a immature troll.

To quote the USC student body

1,2,3,4,5. 1,2,3,4,5. Don’t go away mad, just go away. Step, step, step, step, step, step, step.....
SIT DOWN!

I personally don't care much for golf or tennis (either gender), but I want every USC team in every sport to compete well and represent USC well, regardless of whether or not I personally follow the sport.

And thus, IMO, to state that one does not give a sh!t about a particular Gamecock sport really makes one not a true Gamecock fan.

2021 21
2020 15
2019 24
2018 21

Signees
USC 12
UT& MISS ST 11
UK&Vandy 8
Mizzou& A&M 7
UGA 6
OM&LSU 5
Ark&Aub 4
Bama 3
UF 2

As far as Vandy is concerned, I'm not a big fan of nepotism; most state schools have rules against it, but Vandy is private.

As far as Vandy is concerned, I'm not a big fan of nepotism; most state schools have rules against it, but Vandy is private.
The husband/wife team is common in volleyball. The wife of USC's coach is Directory of Volleyball Operations or something similar. I think the reason is economics. A university can pay a husband and wife team less than a regular head coach and assistant.

I wonder if The issue is not nepotism. The former coach was lesbian.

WHAT I SAY NEXT IS SHEER SPECULATION

I do not know if Shea Ralph is subtly speaking her feelings on the culture wars? If she had been instructed by the athletic department to emphasize her family? Whether there had been issues with the previous coach that went into personal life? She is married with 3 children and everything I have ever read about her talks about what a wonderful, kind and loving person she. And She is still married.

Maybe my antenna is hearing nonexistent coded messages.

A portion of the reason Shelley and Jaime Smith were hired 20 years ago here was the personal life of the former coach. There were rather semi public rumblings, that recruitment and playing time was allocated, shall we say oddly. Also rumored were indiscretions with a particular player. We were VERY fortunate that this did not get into the press. It severely hampered recruiting for their first five years here

Coaches’ ALL SEC TEAMS
Thoughts? Exclusions?

Four centers named. Don’t see how Jessika Carter Miss st 14&9 lost out to UT’s Key 9&9, or even Cardoso.
6 from SEC West, 11 from the East
10 seniors and 7 juniors

Preseason All-SEC First Team
Lavender Briggs, Florida
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Khayla Pointer, LSU
Shakira Austin, Ole Miss
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Zia Cooke, South Carolina

Rae Burrell, Tennessee

Preseason All-SEC Second Team
Amber Ramirez, Arkansas
Kiara Smith, Florida
Que Morrison, Georgia
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Tamari Key, Tennessee
Jordan Nixon, Texas A&M
Kayla Wells, Texas A&M

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkCock
I would put Destanni ahead of Rickea Jackson, if position isn't a consideration.

I wonder if The issue is not nepotism. The former coach was lesbian.

WHAT I SAY NEXT IS SHEER SPECULATION

I do not know if Shea Ralph is subtly speaking her feelings on the culture wars? If she had been instructed by the athletic department to emphasize her family? Whether there had been issues with the previous coach that went into personal life? She is married with 3 children and everything I have ever read about her talks about what a wonderful, kind and loving person she. And She is still married.

Maybe my antenna is hearing nonexistent coded messages.

A portion of the reason Shelley and Jaime Smith were hired 20 years ago here was the personal life of the former coach. There were rather semi public rumblings, that recruitment and playing time was allocated, shall we say oddly. Also rumored were indiscretions with a particular player. We were VERY fortunate that this did not get into the press. It severely hampered recruiting for their first five years here
What does the former coach's sexual orientation have to do with anything? Is it still 1952? There are many very successful coaches in WBB that happen to be lesbians.

What does the former coach's sexual orientation have to do with anything? Is it still 1952? There are many very successful coaches in WBB that happen to be lesbians.
Did you read my post? I offered numerous scenarios and clearly stated I felt Stephanie White was a wonderful person. I clearly was intrigued by Shea Ralph’s statement and wondering there was more behind it

We have one heck of a WBB program. It's nice to be recognized for exceeding in something other than mediocrity. Dawn Staley will one day have a statue in from the Colonial Life Arena. Hell, we should name the Court after her. So proud of this program. Go Gamecocks!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT