ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

Did you read my post? I offered numerous scenarios and clearly stated I felt Stephanie White was a wonderful person. I clearly was intrigued by Shea Ralph’s statement and wondering there was more behind it
I’m sure you meant “Did you read and COMPREHEND my post”? Most people on this board read but when they see a triggering word or sentence, their ability to comprehend the full context of the message goes out the window. Blame it on the lack of critical thinking ability.

Second most difficult SEC WBB Opening game
Miss. St vs Alabama St
OR MAYBE
Bama vs Charleston Southern
OR
Vandy vs Gardner Webb

Speak about Saniya Rivers coach, “Offensively gifted, offensively gifted....sees the court, makes passes, she has her pace, even better 3 pt shooter than I thought.”

DS is a trip! Honest and pulls no punches. You could tell she is focused and has her players focused. She said, “produce or its back of the line with 14 in front of you.”

Reactions: vacock# and Gamekem
Key takeaways from the presser
- She's really high on the freshmen, especially Rivers and Johnson.
- In terms of the guards pecking order she says there are 2 PG and 6 other guards fighting for the other 2 spots on the floor.
- In terms of posts, it seems that the veterans will remain atop of the pecking order and she says that Cardoso is really fast learner
- Former AAU teammates Johnson and Cardoso have an amazing chemistry on the court
- Boston body transformation appears to be more about her taking care of her body for the long term as, more so than her trying to transition into a full time PF
-Boston is the best post player in the country the past two years and there is no reason why she shouldn't have been voted unanimously in the preason All American poll.

Speak about Saniya Rivers coach, “Offensively gifted, offensively gifted....sees the court, makes passes, she has her pace, even better 3 pt shooter than I thought.”

DS is a trip! Honest and pulls no punches. You could tell she is focused and has her players focused. She said, “produce or its back of the line with 14 in front of you.”
But was less complimentary of Rivers on the defensive side. That will come though. I expect Rivers to get good minutes.

Reactions: winloseortie
But was less complimentary of Rivers on the defensive side. That will come though. I expect Rivers to get good minutes.
She did say that but added we can teach that.

Rivers brings something that I don’t remember us having, maybe Mitchell, a dominant pure scorer. Spot up 3, midrange jumper, strong finisher on the break, effective slasher to the hoop, very good FT shooter AND DS loves how she passes. Think Rhyne Howard but not a black hole with the ball plus she is 6’1”. Oh and she dunks

Rivers brings something that I don’t remember us having, maybe Mitchell, a dominant pure scorer. Spot up 3, midrange jumper, strong finisher on the break, effective slasher to the hoop, very good FT shooter AND DS loves how she passes. Think Rhyne Howard but not a black hole with the ball plus she is 6’1”. Oh and she dunks
Imagine a lineup of Henderson, Cooke, Rivers, Boston and Cardoso. If you're on defense, who are you going to back off to play help defense.

Looks like we're going to have plenty options this year. If someone's having an off night than next woman up

Imagine a lineup of Henderson, Cooke, Rivers, Boston and Cardoso. If you're on defense, who are you going to back off to play help defense.

Looks like we're going to have plenty options this year. If someone's having an off night than next woman up
DS was hilarious in one the earlier videos.

She started chiding coach Chimiel about the drill he was running. “Coach, why are we running back door drills? How often are we going to see man to man?”
She then looked at Rivers and said, “And why aren’t you dunking in Coach Fred’s drill? Are you loafing on us?”

Let's leave dunks out of our game until (I hope, I hope, I hope) Ashlyn gets on campus.

Speaking of whom - do we have a volleyball game for her to attend on her OV this weekend? I imagine this weekend will be mostly Dawn and Ashlyn's parents.

Let's leave dunks out of our game until (I hope, I hope, I hope) Ashlyn gets on campus.

Speaking of whom - do we have a volleyball game for her to attend on her OV this weekend? I imagine this weekend will be mostly Dawn and Ashlyn's parents.
The VB team plays at OM tomorrow and Saturday

Reactions: sgacock
Gary Blair at A&M has announced his retirement at the end of the season. Probably has the largest and best coaching tree in the business.....Kim Mulkey, Vic Schaefer, Mike Neighbors(Ark), Johnnie Harris(Aub) just to name SEC connections.

He is an excellent coach with X&O’s and in game. Recruiting he has done well but for the last 5-6 years done a lot of back filling with transfers. He has made it work very well with coaching and cobbling together a roster.

Should be a lot of interest in the job, BUT I don’t think you just step into this position and immediately have overwhelming success. Not a rebuild but a retool.

Is losing 4 quality starters after this season.
Brought in 2 recruits this year, 1 in the top 100, #92, the other just outside. Has 2 recruits for next year both in top 100, #41 and #80. But will they stay?

Reactions: Gamekem
Gary Blair at A&M has announced his retirement at the end of the season. Probably has the largest and best coaching tree in the business.....Kim Mulkey, Vic Schaefer, Mike Neighbors(Ark), Johnnie Harris(Aub) just to name SEC connections.

He is an excellent coach with X&O’s and in game. Recruiting he has done well but for the last 5-6 years done a lot of back filling with transfers. He has made it work very well with coaching and cobbling together a roster.

Should be a lot of interest in the job, BUT I don’t think you just step into this position and immediately have overwhelming success. Not a rebuild but a retool.

Is losing 4 quality starters after this season.
Brought in 2 recruits this year, 1 in the top 100, #92, the other just outside. Has 2 recruits for next year both in top 100, #41 and #80. But will they stay?
It's a big loss to SEC basketball, some of the other programs will have to step up consistently, because A&M has been one of the few programs keeping the SEC a top tier conference since joining.
Before last season I would have assumed Schaefer would be the obvious choice to take over but honestly it's looks like a golden opportunity for somebody.

Reactions: winloseortie
It's a big loss to SEC basketball, some of the other programs will have to step up consistently, because A&M has been one of the few programs keeping the SEC a top tier conference since joining.
Before last season I would have assumed Schaefer would be the obvious choice to take over but honestly it's looks like a golden opportunity for somebody.
Let me throw a couple names out
Nell Fortner is in his tree but 63
Adia Barnes would be an audacious hire but she makes 1M and is coaching at her alma mater
Courtney Banghart from UNC
Coach Yo at OM they can pay an it’s a prestige step up
Kenny Brooks Va tech
Real dark horse Gail Gostenkors who is presently an asst. at UK.
Cori Close at UCLA maybe she is tired o LA
Maybe even Jollete Law off our staff

Let me throw a couple names out
Nell Fortner is in his tree but 63
Adia Barnes would be an audacious hire but she makes 1M and is coaching at her alma mater
Courtney Banghart from UNC
Coach Yo at OM they can pay an it’s a prestige step up
Kenny Brooks Va tech
Real dark horse Gail Gostenkors who is presently an asst. at UK.
Maybe even Jollete Law off our staff
I hope it's not Law, she has taken our recruiting to the next level and I believe she's essential to us maintaining it. I think she could potentially do well but I also believe she came back to South Carolina to be closer to her hometown (Florence).

Personally I prefer the 2nd half of your list better than the first. Nell just got to GT and is doing a pretty good job with already . Barnes just got a raise and a final four appearance with her alma matter so that seems unlikely. Banghart has a upper tier program already and hasn't really done to well so far.

I definitely could see Coach Yo really establishing herself at A&M and Gail seems good too. The two I had in mind was Karen Aston, she already knows the Texas market and can recruit or Nikki Fargas, maybe all that I'm state could be to her advantage.

I hope it's not Law, she has taken our recruiting to the next level and I believe she's essential to us maintaining it. I think she could potentially do well but I also believe she came back to South Carolina to be closer to her hometown (Florence).

Personally I prefer the 2nd half of your list better than the first. Nell just got to GT and is doing a pretty good job with already . Barnes just got a raise and a final four appearance with her alma matter so that seems unlikely. Banghart has a upper tier program already and hasn't really done to well so far.

I definitely could see Coach Yo really establishing herself at A&M and Gail seems good too. The two I had in mind was Karen Aston, she already knows the Texas market and can recruit or Nikki Fargas, maybe all that I'm state could be to her advantage.
I hope we can hang on to Coach Law as well. She came back to be closer to her Mom who passsed a few months ago.

We scrimmaged against UNC yesterday. Wish they would post the stats and outcome for that, but they don't and for a logical reason. Watkins was in town on her official, and was able to watch her final two programs scrimmage against each other.

Good try, Tarheels.......
As always, you have got the latest! Thanks

We scrimmaged against UNC yesterday. Wish they would post the stats and outcome for that, but they don't and for a logical reason. Watkins was in town on her official, and was able to watch her final two programs scrimmage against each other.

I asked on the insiders side if Chris Wellbaum had any inside scoop on the scrimmage but he hast responded yet.

Reactions: DarkCock
Anyone know if the scrimmage against Benedict will be livestreamed?
I don't see it listed as an option on ESPN so I assumed it's not. Which is crazy considering that other programs such as LSU had their exhibition game on ESPN+.

Reactions: DarkCock
I assume these are UNC players getting stuffed repeatedly. Mighty nice of them to come here and help us prepare for NC State.

In this short clip we can see a lot. Saxton shooting with confidence from the mid range, Boston continuing with her 3pt game and the freshman looking pretty good from both the 3 point line and defense. All these nice highlights and it didn't even include our two best guards. If this is just a glimpse of what to come, then this will be a fun season.

Last edited:

Wish we'd schedule them in regular-season home-and-homes. Both genders.

Wish we'd schedule them in regular-season home-and-homes. Both genders.

I know a lot of UNC fans would like it as well, at least for WBB. Maybe it'll happen soon now that Hatchell is no longer their head coach. It wouldn't surprise me if both programs' head coaches had a talk about it on Saturday....

Whoever can attend tonight, please provide some reports. Thanks

Apparently Zia is not playing, she's nursing an ankle injury and Eniya Russell is taking her spot in the starting lineup. Same starters as last year according to the live stats link below.

Pretty shocking 1st quarter looking at the stats, hopefully this is just some jitters. Beal hitting two 3's to start the game was a nice surprise

The first 15 minutes was too close for comfort but the team seemed to get it together in the last 5 minutes for 20-1 run toward the end of the half. We're getting some good minutes from our Freshman and Cardoso is very efficient and a game changer tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT