ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

So a friend of mine noticed that Brea limped off the court against Duke. He just found a pic on social media and she has on a boot. Hope it’s just precautionary 🙏

ps I can’t figure out how to post the pic from what he sent :/. Tried copy and pasting but it won’t work.

Stat of the Day: The top four teams in the country in rebounding margin this season are South Carolina, Tennessee, Coastal and North Carolina. They are a combined 38-1 on the season.
Great stat. It’s not just rebounding where we are killing it.
Rebounding Margin #1
Blocked shot per game #1
Points allowed per game #9
Opp fg% #13

So when you play us.... you miss a lot of shots, get a lot of shots blocked, don’t score much, and get windexed on the boards

I hope she can play against Stanford, they need her blue collar work. Best defender and clutch rebounder.
You just made a bold claim: she's the best defender on this team. I can't decide. Brea is a lockdown defender against any wing. She's Ryan Howard's worst nightmare. But Aliyah probably gets my vote. She can't guard a wing, but she can shut down the paint with her shot blocking ability and limit the opposing team to one shot with her rebounding. And then there's Amihere: she can literally guard all 5 positions. We've never had a player, man or woman, who could do that. And Cardoso would have an argument, if she played 30+ minutes a game. Her offensive game obviously isn't at the same level as Boston and that keeps her off the floor. So, yeah, we have a lot of excellent defenders.

Late in the Duke game, it looked like Saxton stepped on Brea's foot. She wasn't moving well after that and coach called a time out and got her out. She was posting tiktok videos yesterday (though sitting). She seemed to be in good spirts. So probably nothing serious, but Dawn seems inclined to hold out player if they have a cold. Can't blame her. The big picture is to get to the tournament as healthy as possible. Style points don't matter. She knows she has the best roster. If there was ever a player that could tough it out, though, it would be Brea. Blue collar, like you said.

If she doesn't play, then Amihere can play her spot. Last year, foul trouble led to matchup problems with Stanford. Thankfully, we have Cardoso, a limited Lele, even Feagin for this upcoming game, which gives coach more options.

Whether Brea plays or not, I expect Saxton to come out with a fire in her belly. I know she wants to make up for her 0 point, 1 rebound game against Stanford last season.

Reactions: gamecockblack
So a friend of mine noticed that Brea limped off the court against Duke. He just found a pic on social media and she has on a boot. Hope it’s just precautionary 🙏

ps I can’t figure out how to post the pic from what he sent :/. Tried copy and pasting but it won’t work.
She had a boot on in Durham or in Columbia? Team members were posting pics of a photo shoot yesterday. I got the impression it happened yesterday.

Gamecock WBB posted a video of Brea walking in high heels.

But I don't know for sure.... maybe the photo shoot happened earlier.

Good opportunity to scout tomorrow, Vols vs Stanford
FGF posters think we're terrible at free throw shooting....wait until they see these teams play. Two of the worse free throw shooting teams in the nation. Stanford shoots 58% (348th) and UT shoots 59% (335).

Cameron Brink is shooting 44% from the FT throw. That's hard to believe. She's a really good overall players.

And fouls could play a factor. Key needs to stay on the court for the Vols. It will be interesting how closely the officials call that one. Hopefully, they'll let them play a little.

FGF posters think we're terrible at free throw shooting....wait until they see these teams play. Two of the worse free throw shooting teams in the nation. Stanford shoots 58% (348th) and UT shoots 59% (335).

Cameron Brink is shooting 44% from the FT throw. That's hard to believe. She's a really good overall players.

And fouls could play a factor. Key needs to stay on the court for the Vols. It will be interesting how closely the officials call that one. Hopefully, they'll let them play a little.
🤣🤣🤣 i was going to post about this but kudos to you. Haley Jones is the only reliable FT shooter except Lacie Hull who never gets to the line.

By contrast Boston, Henny, and Cooke all shoot at least 73%

Stanford is a finesse O that runs a lot of Princeton O. Very similar to UCONN. They beat us last year with 1 on 1 because they could not run their O. We have enough height to combat that this time around. Stanford doesn’t really have a PG neither does UT or us right now.

I am expecting a game in the 50s or low 60s tomorrow. I “think” UT wins because they are more physical. You are right Key is the key for UT. She is taller and stronger with a nastier attitude than Brink.

🤣🤣🤣 i was going to post about this but kudos to you. Haley Jones is the only reliable FT shooter except Lacie Hull who never gets to the line.

By contrast Boston, Henny, and Cooke all shoot at least 73%

Stanford is a finesse O that runs a lot of Princeton O. Very similar to UCONN. They beat us last year with 1 on 1 because they could not run their O. We have enough height to combat that this time around. Stanford doesn’t really have a PG neither does UT or us right now.

I am expecting a game in the 50s or low 60s tomorrow. I “think” UT wins because they are more physical. You are right Key is the key for UT. She is taller and stronger with a nastier attitude than Brink.
Key is the key. I like that. 😄

I'm going with Stanford in a close one over UT. From what I remember last season, they played 3 bigs against us, including one who can hit 3's. And, of course, Haley Jones can play multiple positions if they need a rebounder at the wing over even point. If they can stay close to UT on the boards, they are the more skilled of the two teams. Until (or if) Burrell comes back, UT has trouble making any shot outside the restricted area. But, like you say, they are physical and the crowd is going to be crazy; It wouldn't surprise me if the Vols won.

Credit to Stanford for scheduling these two games. I have a new respect for them. They have to know they are coming here to face a highly motivated team and fanbase. UT will be good preparation for our game, as far as the physical play and crowd noise go. They won't face anyone like Destanni, however. She's going to be a matchup nightmare for Stanford.

I’m generally an SEC SEC SEC SEC kinda’ guy for SOS but not today. Go Stanford!

(1) it’s Tennessee, ugh
(2) we get Stanford on Tuesday and they will be top 4 ranked at that time if they beat UT
Stanford is currently ranked #3. NCST was #2 before their loss to Georgia the other night. If Stanford beats UT, they will be #2 coming into CLA on Tuesday. Stanford fan for today only.

Looking at the first quarter of the Stanford at UT WBB game. They both look error prone. I don’t think we will have a problem with either of them.

Haley Jones is absolutely gassed. Just like the Texas game. No one else on Stanford can create their own shot. Tara finally subbed for her.

Reactions: winloseortie
Looking at the first quarter of the Stanford at UT WBB game. They both look error prone. I don’t think we will have a problem with either of them.

We do a good job of errors ourselves, even when Henderson was healthy and manning the point. This does not comfort me very much.

What does is Stanford playing a very physical game today and then having to go at it again Tuesday against us. Hopefully they are a bit worn down....

Tennessee almost got doubled up in the 1st half - they've played better in the 2nd and have out-scored Stanford, but it doesn't look to be enough for them....

* That was the game we wanted. Tough, physical battle to the end. Jones and Jump played 39 minutes. Jones, especially, was feeling it at the end.

* Stanford won the rebounding battle +10. No way UT could win without winning that stat. They just don't have the offensive firepower.

* The strangest thing about Stanford is their inability to dribble the ball upcourt. Anna Wilson struggles, even though she's the smallest player on the court, which forces Jones to have to advance the ball. That was not a problem last year because they had Kiana Williams. We should press them from the get. Or least after we can sub Amihere for Saxton. Use Amihere/Brea/Lele to make Jones' work just advancing the ball.

* Brink fouled out after playing a whopping 8 minutes. And, I have to say, most of them were legit calls. She's going to have do better against Boston. The backups for Stanford were impressive, so they don't lose much when she's not out there.

I hope Henderson is ready to play. She can really cause some disruption with Jones trying to bring the ball up the court. She is very similar to Amihere trying to do the same. USC has to cover up their 3 point shot and continue their rebounding prowess. And please make 70% of the FT's. UT shot around 50%.

Stanford is a formidable opponent….especially with our offense struggling lately. They can knock down threes and penetrate the paint with skilled passing. They move the ball like some of the past Uconn teams, leading to back doors and layups. They are also very deep, playing 9 players with little drop off. I wouldn’t be so cavalier about them.

As for UT, we get them at home this year, which helps. They are a tough damn team, very physical and high energy on defense and they did not fold the tent up when they fell behind by 20 to Stanford. They fought back to a three point game, that took some effort and determination. They don’t shoot well, like our team on some nights, but they just keep fighting relentlessly and wear down the opposing team, making it a street fight. I give a team like that a shot in every game they play.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Stanford is a formidable opponent….especially with our offense struggling lately. They can knock down threes and penetrate the paint with skilled passing. They move the ball like some of the past Uconn teams, leading to back doors and layups. They are also very deep, playing 9 players with little drop off. I wouldn’t be so cavalier about them.

As for UT, we get them at home this year, which helps. They are a tough damn team, very physical and high energy on defense and they did not fold the tent up when they fell behind by 20 to Stanford. They fought back to a three point game, that took some effort and determination. They don’t shoot well, like our team on some nights, but they just keep fighting relentlessly and wear down the opposing team, making it a street fight. I give a team like that a shot in every game they play.
I agree with ya. Haley was the key for them and a weapon. I think we can take them. Didn’t see much of the big girl so. The Hulls are both dirty ball players. I hope the refs won’t let them get away with any of their sh**. But they are good. I think we’ve got something for them. I will be there and doing my part. Regarding UT. I also agree.

Congrats to all who got to see Stanford vs Tenn & Baylor vs Mich. Youtube f'ed me over. Those were some big games I wanted to see. But its back up now.

I knew Stanford was going to stop Tenn. Hopefully we can return the favour for the SEC on Tues.

I wouldn't count out DePaul.
DePaul beat UK, lost to Arizona by 9 and lost to A&M by 20.
They have no one over 6’1” that plays any minutes.

I am enjoying watching UCONN lose and don’t believe Bueckers makes it back this year.

Bu even with just the 6 player rotation they used Sunday they win conference undefeated and make elite 8 or final 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT