ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

I still don't know how likely she will be ready by them. If she's able to play, I think it will be Midway through March at best. Especially considering her history of injury, she could benefit from taking the year off and come back full healthy next season.
A bit of dilemma I brought up previously: the back end of the schedule is not strong. Geno will have to play her limited minutes. I'm sure he doesn't want her to get injured, but it would look even worse if it happened in game they were up 30. How much can she heal and be ready to play by tournament time?

Probably no #1 regional seed would want them in their bracket, if she's back close to 100%. Since we play them twice during the regular season, I doubt they put us in the same regional, but some team might end up unhappy.

Reactions: RoosterBooster1
A bit of dilemma I brought up previously: the back end of the schedule is not strong. Geno will have to play her limited minutes. I'm sure he doesn't want her to get injured, but it would look even worse if it happened in game they were up 30. How much can she heal and be ready to play by tournament time?

Probably no #1 regional seed would want them in their bracket, if she's back close to 100%. Since we play them twice during the regular season, I doubt they put us in the same regional, but some team might end up unhappy.
I assume due to the size of their fanbase UConn will be in the Bridgeport regional no matter what seed they are. My best guess on who lands them right now is NC State, considering that Greensboro is only convenient for only USC and NC State as 1 seeds, so as long as we remain ahead of them I'm sure we'll get priority on which regional.

I assume due to the size of their fanbase UConn will be in the Bridgeport regional no matter what seed they are. My best guess on who lands them right now is NC State, considering that Greensboro is only convenient for only USC and NC State as 1 seeds, so as long as we remain ahead of them I'm sure we'll get priority on which regional.
We'd have to lose one more game than State to fall behind them in the pecking order since we beat them... in Raleigh.

Last edited:
They may not keep UCONN in the east. Last year the tourney used the S curve for seeding with no geographical tweaking.
Of course that didn’t really matter with the bubble venues. This may be the year the committee decides publicly assert themselves on Geno.

Duke is 336th in the nation in free throw attempts. They just don't drive to the rim very much at all. I guess that's good, if you're playing South Carolina.
That is kinda crazy & alarming. So they really just enjoy taking perimeter shots & not driving to the basket, at all. It's worked so far for them this year but I can't help but believe SC will shut that down come Wednesday.

I'm really looking forward to this Duke game today. It's the perfect letdown game for us. They're riding high right now being ranked & undefeated & you know we're gonna get their best shot. You also know it will be a loud packed house & those Cameron crazies will be out in full force. Can't let them hang around too long or get hot from the perimeter.

The one point comeback victory we had there a few years back when we were ranked #1 was awesome. That A'ja Wilson putback in the final seconds was legendary.

They may not keep UCONN in the east. Last year the tourney used the S curve for seeding with no geographical tweaking.
Of course that didn’t really matter with the bubble venues. This may be the year the committee decides publicly assert themselves on Geno.
I personally don't see it. The whole point of that regional being put in Bridgeport is to accommodate UConn. The NCAA is trying to get as many people as possible to view the games in person and with Maryland being perhaps the closest school to Bridgeport at about 5 hours away in the top 25, it just won't make economic sense to prove a point this year.

Reactions: winloseortie
I personally don't see it. The whole point of that regional being put in Bridgeport is to accommodate UConn. The NCAA is trying to get as many people as possible to view the games in person and with Maryland being perhaps the closest school to Bridgeport at about 5 hours away in the top 25, it just won't make economic sense to prove a point this year.
If you are a #1 seed you get accommodated(unless you are South Carolina) If you are a 3-4 seed with 5 losses not so much. I “think” this may just be the year where the committee decides to prove they don’t show favoritism to certain programs. No, I’m not bitter about being shipped out of region 3 or 4 years in a row

Based on that thinking then, it shouldn't matter if we stay ahead of NC State or not for Greensboro. We typically pull a much larger crowd than they do anyways.....

That is kinda crazy & alarming. So they really just enjoy taking perimeter shots & not driving to the basket, at all. It's worked so far for them this year but I can't help but believe SC will shut that down come Wednesday.
If they drive, they like to kick out for the open 3. Or they will pull up for the short jumper. There aren't usually a lot of open shooters against us, so I think we'll see a good defensive effort from the team tonight.

I hope Destanni can play. I don't think Duke has a guard capable of staying in front of her. If not, I guess we'll have to grind out another win with defense and rebounding. I'll take any kind of win against a top 25 opponent on the road. It doesn't have to be pretty.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Duke has only played one top 50 team this year — they beat the then number 9 team (Iowa) but then Iowa lost another game to Iowa State. In reality, Duke has not played a top 10 team. But anything can happen.

Last edited:
I expect Destanni back for Stanford. Any thoughts on what the rotation will look like once she returns?

Henney is our second best offensive player and our floor general, so her return will improve the offense considerably. However, our defense and rebounding have actually been better with Amihere in there. Mainly because we have 3 elite defenders (Boston, Amihere, Beal) on the court for long stretches of the game. It almost not fair. Statistically speaking, our best lineup would include Henderson and Amihere at guards.

It's difficult to measure Zia's impact, though. She was 1-11 last night until she hit two big baskets late in the 4th quarter. She's ultra-confident and unafraid. Big Game Zia. Henderson has a point guard's mentality. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but I don't know how well the Henderson/Amihere combo would work in a game, even if it makes a lot of sense on paper.

Clemson lost by 40 points to Syracuse last night. Syracuse lost almost their entire roster over the off season. Massey makes Clemson a favorite in only one game left on their schedule, Wofford. Ouch.

p
Clemson lost by 40 points to Syracuse last night. Syracuse lost almost their entire roster over the off season. Massey makes Clemson a favorite in only one game left on their schedule, Wofford. Ouch.
in the 16 years before Butler arrived CU HAD NO WINNING SEASONS IN CONFERENCE!!

49-194 average 3-12

Butler went 9-7 and took them to the Tourney her first season.
She has followed that up with 3-15 and 5-12.

She just could not recruit well enough at UF. That was in a state loaded with talent and not that much in state comp. She has gotten 1 top 100 recruit every year but never a class. She can survive this season but not two.

As comparison DS is 114-14 in conference the last 8 years. CU has 116 conference wins in the last 30 years.

I expect Destanni back for Stanford. Any thoughts on what the rotation will look like once she returns?

Henney is our second best offensive player and our floor general, so her return will improve the offense considerably. However, our defense and rebounding have actually been better with Amihere in there. Mainly because we have 3 elite defenders (Boston, Amihere, Beal) on the court for long stretches of the game. It almost not fair. Statistically speaking, our best lineup would include Henderson and Amihere at guards.

It's difficult to measure Zia's impact, though. She was 1-11 last night until she hit two big baskets late in the 4th quarter. She's ultra-confident and unafraid. Big Game Zia. Henderson has a point guard's mentality. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but I don't know how well the Henderson/Amihere combo would work in a game, even if it makes a lot of sense on paper.
I believe that with Henny's return we will score more transition baskets because of her ability to get up and down the court if healthy. We have been playing a half court game relying on our rebounding prowess to carry us. Out side shooting has not been great but we are winning with rebounding. I'm anxious to see the freshman get up and down the floor. With the transition baskets Rivers, Hall will be able to showcase their offensive ability.

I believe that with Henny's return we will score more transition baskets because of her ability to get up and down the court if healthy. We have been playing a half court game relying on our rebounding prowess to carry us. Out side shooting has not been great but we are winning with rebounding. I'm anxious to see the freshman get up and down the floor. With the transition baskets Rivers, Hall will be able to showcase their offensive ability.
We got very fairly criticized last night, that without Henny the ball got stuck and just didn’t move crisply.
Henny provides a second three pt shooter, penetrates the zone scoring or dishing, and scores/creates in transition.
Amihere has played B- ball, which is fantastic for the circumstances but she is not Henny

Couple of thoughts watching UGA-NCSU

When we play UGA this year, it will be a rock fight. Low scoring, very physical, lots of fouls, with every rebound a battle.

Didn’t realize Staiti 13ppg Transferred from Maryland as did Taylor Mikesell 17 ppg at Ohio State and Shakira Austin 13 ppg at Ole Miss

Reactions: DarkCock
Couple of thoughts watching UGA-NCSU

When we play UGA this year, it will be a rock fight. Low scoring, very physical, lots of fouls, with every rebound a battle.

Didn’t realize Staiti 13ppg Transferred from Maryland as did Taylor Mikesell 17 ppg at Ohio State and Shakira Austin 13 ppg at Ole Miss
We don't play that game until mid-February and I think Staiti has already picked up a foul. lol

Seriously, though, she's a very good player, but Aliyah's athleticism has always given her trouble. And Aliyah's even more athletic this season.

Reactions: uscedge21
Great game to watch. That 3-pointer by the UGA chick to tie it up at the end of regulation was incredible.
I was watching the play by play on line, so I'll go back and watch the highlights...I never pull for NCSU or UGA or UNC...but in this game, I was pulling for UGA...

Just a little tid-bit....all of the SEC's womens basketball teams have winning records so far as of today...Auburn and Vandy are just above .500

I was watching the play by play on line, so I'll go back and watch the highlights...I never pull for NCSU or UGA or UNC...but in this game, I was pulling for UGA...

Just a little tid-bit....all of the SEC's womens basketball teams have winning records so far as of today...Auburn and Vandy are just above .500
For some schools OOC scheduling is a great Christmas present that you give to yourself,
“O look mommy, I got a Nicholls state, east west Idaho tech, and a Wattsamatta U. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Haha
Reactions: cockhornleghorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT