ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

Looks like Lavender Briggs has left Florida for Maryland. I do wonder if she became hindrance to the team. Since her departure, Florida has seemed to play better without her.

Reactions: winloseortie
Wasn’t Briggs in the portal earlier?
Yes, but apparently that had to do with the former coach due to some abuse allegations. They fired him and she returned. It just doesn't look good because Briggs ended her season early due to injury initially but now she's already transferred. It could be innocent but it looks kinda fishy to me.

Actually I take back my doubts she has a stress fracture and if she was planning on leaving anyway, might as well use the training staff of the program she was going to join to rehab.

Yes, but apparently that had to do with the former coach due to some abuse allegations. They fired him and she returned. It just doesn't look good because Briggs ended her season early due to injury initially but now she's already transferred. It could be innocent but it looks kinda fishy to me.
Is does indeed. UF kept the whole staff intact after firing the head coach for repeated abusive behavior. All the assistants including now head coach Finley suddenly be like Sgt. Schultz, “l know nothing!”

Reactions: Gamekem
Maryland is the Hartsfield International of talent, everybody making a connection to somewhere else AND real good players. This is just the last 4 years

IN
Collins from UT
Benzan from Harvard
Briggs from UF
Bibby from Miss st

OUT
Staiti to UGA
Austin to Ole Miss
Mikesell to Ohio St
Olivia Owens UK

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I thought of you when I posted this. You will probably love it. They have a stat for overall defense, I’m not sure the metric but we have been #1 in this stat almost all year

I have it and check it out often. COVID has skewed the predicative model somewhat, but it's still very good. They had us beating Arky by 10 and we won by 9. I'm not sure why some of our fans thought we should just waltz into Fayetteville and blow out the Hogs. That was one of the tougher games left on our schedule and Her Hoop Stats has us as the solid #1 team.

Overall, the sites has tons of stats, going back many seasons.

UConn jumped out to a 10-0 lead and then Oregon just blitzed them, was up by 24 in fourth quarter til they called it off
Looks to me as if Oregon could be a tough out come tournament time. Not all that familiar with their roster but they appear to have some very good talent and height. Am I correct in assuming that their bench strength could be a weakness?

Snapshot
#1 AP, coaches poll, RPI, SOS, NET, rebound margin, blocked shots per game, attendance home and away
#5 field goal % defense
#15 scoring defense
#16 scoring margin
#18 free throws attempted BUT #282 ft%
#57 fg % BUT IMPROVE BY 1% and in the top 30 improve by 2% top 15

#126??? Turnovers per game
#275 turnover margin

Reactions: gamecockblack
What a great hour. Well worth anybody's time to listen to Coach Staley.
Ray T....listen to DS explain why she came to Carolina and then IMMEDIATELY find the male BB coach who wants to come here. A male DS is out there somewhere. Its your job to find him!
It's not often that I will agree with posters regarding Ray Tanner. This is one of those times.

Snapshot
#1 AP, coaches poll, RPI, SOS, NET, rebound margin, blocked shots per game, attendance home and away
#5 field goal % defense
#15 scoring defense
#16 scoring margin
#18 free throws attempted BUT #282 ft%
#57 fg % BUT IMPROVE BY 1% and in the top 30 improve by 2% top 15

#126??? Turnovers per game
#275 turnover margin
Honestly not too bad. The most glaring issues are those that seem to be the easiest to fix.

Quiet change in how WBB Olympic team will be coached and to some extent chosen.

DS is on the selection committee for the next Olympic team. This has traditionally been a de facto position for the previous coach. Everyone else on the committee, the head coach, and all the assistants are WNBA coaches, presidents or GMs.

Dawn is probably the last college coach to be the Olympic coach

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...-selection-committee-us-women-basketball-team

Quiet change in how WBB Olympic team will be coached and to some extent chosen.

DS is on the selection committee for the next Olympic team. This has traditionally been a de facto position for the previous coach. Everyone else on the committee, the head coach, and all the assistants are WNBA coaches, presidents or GMs.

Dawn is probably the last college coach to be the Olympic coach

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...-selection-committee-us-women-basketball-team

I can believe it, I do think it gives college coaches a recruiting advantage and since the team is generally 99% WNBA players why not use a coach that regularly plays with and against them. The other issue is Geno's influence when it's come to the roster. Especially when it comes to leaving a top 3 player in the world Candace Parker off the Olympic team. So as much as I like Dawn being the coach it was probably for the best.

It's a real tossup for me. Between the two I rather NC State win. Whoever wins I believe could put themselves in a position to leap over Stanford in the polls. Especially Louisville,only one loss of the season and it was the first game of the season. A top 5 win like this is what their resume has been lacking.

UK only has 8 tonight vs UF. They do not look good. On a local note, Nyah Leveretter from Westwood in Blythewood getting a lot of PT.

Wow that was quick. They looked bad for 3 quarters.
They couldn't buy a 3 to save their lives and now they can't miss. Also the crowd definitely kept them in this game too. They were engaged despite what looked like a blowout for 3 quarters.

NC State gets the win over Louisville with a dominant 4th quarter surge of 31-9 headed by Diamond Johnson with 14. That 4th proves to me why Dawn recruited her so hard.

NC State gets the win over Louisville with a dominant 4th quarter surge of 31-9 headed by Diamond Johnson with 14. That 4th proves to me why Dawn recruited her so hard.
31 points in the 4th qtr to just 9 points — now that’s what I call a comeback!

Arkansas shot 28% from the field. Really did a great job keeping Ramirez in check. Why would we play zone?
Arkansas scored 99 points last night, on the road, against. Bama. They shot 59% from the field and 52% from 3. We played a great defensive game against the Hogs.

Seems like Carolina and Tennessee are the only two outstanding defensive teams this season. Possibly Georgia Tech as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT