ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

Arkansas scored 99 points last night, on the road, against. Bama. They shot 59% from the field and 52% from 3. We played a great defensive game against the Hogs.

Seems like Carolina and Tennessee are the only two outstanding defensive teams this season. Possibly Georgia Tech as well.
I would add Louisville to that list with the caveat that they use a lot of their pressure to cover post deficiencies. Arizona who we never see is also a good team on D.

Mike Neighbors in his postgame sang the praises of our D loud and long. He was giddy over their 4th quarter run. Told the press, “you just don’t know how hard it is to just score on them!”

New bracketology is out and lots of movement..... Kentucky is out. #1 seeds are Us, Tenn., Stanford, and NCSU. UMD is🔽 Oregon is ⬆️. Overall regular season games against the field is down to 16 was as high as 21. Twelve games against top 6 seeds(top 25). And on a South Carolina note, Wofford is now in the field as a #16 seed and guess what? Placed in our regional.

Tennessee has 12 turnovers in 15 minutes. I like our chances if they can keep that up against us.
Problem is we turn the ball over as well. Alot. One of their strengths is rebounding. So is ours. One of their weaknesses is TO. So is ours. This will be a very interesting matchup. Glad this one is at the CLA.

Reactions: RoosterBooster1
Problem is we turn the ball over as well. Alot. One of their strengths is rebounding. So is ours. One of their weaknesses is TO. So is ours. This will be a very interesting matchup. Glad this one is at the CLA.
Yes it's very true but even that seems excessive, even for us. The fact we're so similar is what makes them intriguing.

UGA is so close, but they need a 3rd player to emerge to go along with Morrison and Staiti. Barker with the donut today against UT. Ouch. Her defense wasn't much better.

Speaking of defense, Georgia Tech making the case their defense is elite: the Jackets held UNC to 38 points.

After sitting on it, this is a win for everybody except UConn. We will likely play another top 25 team in Ole Miss and be only one game behind Tennessee in the standings with a win. Ole Miss gets to prove themselves against the top team in the country and UConn misses out on a good chance to validate their ranking and offset some of their losses. Now they have to put all their eggs in beating Tennessee to pad their resume.

Reactions: winloseortie
After sitting on it, this is a win for everybody except UConn. We will likely play another top 25 team in Ole Miss and be only one game behind Tennessee in the standings with a win. Ole Miss gets to prove themselves against the top team in the country and UConn misses out on a good chance to validate their ranking and offset some of their losses. Now they have to put all their eggs in beating Tennessee to pad their resume.
It really is a no win situation for UCONN.
Hold us to the contract and they look like jackasses. AND with Christyn Williams still out, they take a beating.

Not play and lose desperately needed SOS and chance at redemption

It really is a no win situation for UCONN.
Hold us to the contract and they look like jackasses. AND with Christyn Williams still out, they take a beating.

Not play and lose desperately needed SOS and chance at redemption
I think I saw we might agree to delay it a season. But honestly I'm sure Geno and company are happy between all the injuries and Covid protocols they have. At least not playing us buys them time to attempt get something going.

I will say this though, Ducharme has been a nice surprise for UConn, it unfortunate for her that it took about half the stars on the team to be out for her to get a fair shot of playing time.

GA gave the Vols that game

I thought 61 points by Ayoka Lee's name was a typo....damn! That's ridiculous.

And why in the hell is OU ranked #14? They beat Baylor & BYU and for that they get to seat in the middle of the pack?? There are way better teams out there who are unranked. Enjoy the stomping by K State

Last edited:
Watched a couple of Vandy games over the weekend. They play hard and have been competitive in most of their SEC games. They don't defensive rebound well, which is a big problem against Carolina. On offense, they only have one offensive option, Brinae Alexander. She's a perfect matchup for Brea. Not good for Vandy.

The one thing Vandy does well is trap in the mid-court. And they trap HARD. No teams every do that to us. Most teams are content to pack in the zone, but that won't work for Vandy because they can't score in the half-court. They have to generate steals (14th in the nation) and fast break points. I really hope we see that aggressive defense tonight to see how we handle it.

We're number #1 in the poll again for another week. Despite not playing we gain an extra vote from 28 to 29 #1 votes. The lone voter that didn't vote for us is again some guy out of Waco who has us third behind NC State and Stanford. Two teams with more losses than us and have both loss to us.

We're number #1 in the poll again for another week. Despite not playing we gain an extra vote from 28 to 29 #1 votes. The lone voter that didn't vote for us is again some guy out of Waco who has us third behind NC State and Stanford. Two teams with more losses than us and have both loss to us.
He is either a Clemson fan or Dawn stole teddy bear

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT