ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

i could care less. WBB is not a sport.
Thank you for coming by and sharing your preferences. You Being such an upfront and honorable person, I appreciate that I will never have to see you again on a WBB thread.

Because if you show up again, it would mean you are a miserable troll who has no joy in his own life. That you take joy in trying put to ruin other’s fun. Counting on your integrity

I don't follow WBB as deeply as some of you do but I will admit, I follow it much more than MBB. It seems as if CDS has addressed needs we had from last year and is stocking the cupboard for years to come. She has put lots of players in the league. Kids know they can come here and compete for championships and showcase their talents. We need to pay this lady and pay her as Top 3 in the country, if not the Number one . I can see us being better than last year and that is scary. Think about the progress she has made even since the Coates era teams. They were good but todays team would run them right of the court. I believe our best days are ahead.

If we have 15 on the team who are healthy and can play, I’d make 3 squads, move them in and out as a whole squad and run, run, run. Fresh legs will beat the teams not in the top 5. Also, everyone gets to play making happier teammates.Everyone gets game time and the coaches get an overall more experienced team. Player evaluation is also easier since the coaches can see them in the games and at practice.

Last night Aaliyah Boston was at the volleyball game there with all the freshmen except Rivers. A'ja used to bring the freshmen to the volleyball games as well. both are natural born leaders.

Amihere was also there. She stood at the tunnel and applauded the volleyball team as they left the court. After a loss. She's a really decent human being. Keep that mind before trashing someone because they missed a layup.

Dawn Staley announced the starting lineup for Carolina. As she left the arena, the Pitt players gave her five. She's a legend.

Some interesting predictions at this site.

USC2.jpg

No surprise, USC is picked first. I'm kind of shocked Mizzou is so low. Did they lose people? Did Vandy add players? I thought Georgia would be picked higher based on what they return and their incoming class.

Moon Ursin is picked 3rd on the all-SEC team behind Howard and Boston and before Zia. So she would be a big loss for LSU, if she transfers.

Saniya Rivers is their selection for Freshman of the Year.

Gotta love the photo they used of Kim Mulkey. lol

Scott_Weaver_-_Scott_Weaver_WVU_BU_017_large.JPG

Reactions: winloseortie

Looks as though the 2023 recruiting has officially started. Here some brief observations I noticed in the clip. Lele seemed to have progressed pretty well in her rehab, looks a little rusty in her movements but curious how much longer till she's fully back to perform. Rivers shot looked pretty good here and if that translates to game days she'll definitely be getting some decent minutes. Finally Cardoso seems to be genuinely happy to be here, in all the clips and photos of them not actively practicing she's always smiling.

USC2.jpg

No surprise, USC is picked first. I'm kind of shocked Mizzou is so low. Did they lose people? Did Vandy add players? I thought Georgia would be picked higher based on what they return and their incoming class.

Moon Ursin is picked 3rd on the all-SEC team behind Howard and Boston and before Zia. So she would be a big loss for LSU, if she transfers.

Vandy has a new coach and they stopped fairly early in the season due to Covid. So I'm not sure that they shouldbe any higher then 12th.
Personally I don't think preseason awards are all that useful and especially one from a lesser known site.

USC2.jpg

I’m shocked by Mizzou also. ESPN has them tabbed as NCAA team. UGA is too low.

Also of note Lavender Briggs is listed as 2nd team and she is in the portal. Khayla Pointer is listed as second team and she was 1st team last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkCock

Also of note Lavender Briggs is listed as 2nd team and she is in the portal. Khayla Pointer is listed as second team and she was 1st team last season.
I suppose they could justify dropping Pointer to 2nd because Ursin and Hayes are transferring into the league. But I agree all the rest is rather suspect. Oh well, it's something to talk about.

The MBB have already made their non-conference schedule official. The WBB are still hammering theirs out - still possibilities for Duke and Stanford, which may explain the delays. Dawn has in the past held off on releasing the non-conf. until she got 1 or 2 choice opponents added, and looks like this offseason is the same thing.

Thanks to other boards, we can also add Kansas State at CLA on December 3rd as part of the SEC/Big-12 Challenge, and North Carolina A&T at CLA on November 29th.

November 9th (TBD) - at North Carolina State (Raleigh, N.C.)
November 12th (TBD) - vs South Dakota (Sanford Pentagon, Sioux Falls, S.D.)
November 17th (TBD) - vs Clemson
November 20th (TBD) - vs Buffalo (Paradise Island, Bahamas) (Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament)
November 21st (TBD - if applicable) - vs winner between Oklahoma and Oregon (Paradise Island, Bahamas) (Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament)
November 22nd (TBD - if applicable) - vs finalist between Connecticut, Minnesota, South Florida, and Syracuse (Paradise Island, Bahamas) (Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament)
November 29th (TBD) - vs North Carolina A&T

December 3rd (TBD) - vs Kansas State (SEC/Big12 Challenge)
December 12th (3:00 pm) - vs Maryland (Columbia, S.C.) (Jimmy V Classic)

February (TBD) - vs Connecticut (Columbia, S.C.)
You can add Stanford to the schedule as well for December 21. This schedule is no joke.

You can add Stanford to the schedule as well for December 21. This schedule is no joke.

Holy top ten Batman

#1 UCONN possibly twice
#3 Stanford
#5 Maryland
#8 NCSU
#10 Oregon very probable
#14 UK x 2
#18 UT
#22 A&M x 2
#25 S. Dak

I think we will be ready for conference play🤣

I really wish we could have Baylor, Iowa St, or Texas instead of K State in Big 12 challenge.

Add in Ole Miss x 2, UGA, Mizzou, Ark, that are preseason tournament picks, plus LSU. Just wow.

It’s like DS is just daring her team to produce

Last edited:
Holy top ten Batman

#1 UCONN possibly twice
#3 Stanford
#5 Maryland
#8 NCSU
#10 Oregon very probable
#14 UK x 2
#18 UT
#22 A&M x 2
#25 S. Dak

I think we will be ready for conference play🤣

I really wish we could have Baylor, Iowa St, or Texas instead of K State in Big 12 challenge.

Add in Ole Miss x 2, UGA, Mizzou, Ark, that are preseason tournament picks, plus LSU. Just wow.

It’s like DS is just daring her team to produce
She obviously isn't afraid of nobody, but there's already preseason tournament picks too?

Reactions: DarkCock

I've found its hard to find reliable info on Women's College Basketball unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamekem
I've found its hard to find reliable info on Women's College Basketball unfortunately.

Try Hoopgurlz for recruiting
Wbblog for recruiting and transfers
ESPN women’s college basketball for big picture
And if you are bored and geeky enough every team has their own website. Good for getting a sense of a team

Whoa my brother/sister:

UConn has everything important coming back. They also picked up a transfer back-up at post.

Many services rank their incoming class #1 ahead of us.

They already have two top-5 ranked prospects committed for the 2022 class to our zero commits.

UConn is the gold standard in wbb not Pat Summit's teams.

Both of us need to worry about Stanford and getting past the Final Four.
What we need to worry about is the officials understanding what a kicked ball looks like.

Yes ESPN has it’s way too early projection.
Oh wow, thanks for the info. These preseason lists keep getting more ridiculous. A whole tournament prediction in April seems like overkill.

Wow....

Maryland, Stanford, and Connecticut in Colonial Life Arena this season. Not even talking about conference games yet. Think we'll lead the nation in home attendance again??
I hope so. We have a lot of older fans and I'll be surprised if COVID concerns doesn't keep some away.

We play this coming season

National champions
PAC 12 champions both
BIG 10 champions both
ACC Tourney champions
AAC champions possibly twice both
SEC regular season champions x2
MVC champions both
MEAC champions both

We only missed

ACC regular season, Louisville who will not schedule us.
Big 12 Baylor which could have been solved in the challenge

A lot of us have a South Carolina education. I guess homelife had something to do with it too for you... Fans from other boards come on here.
You're helping with the stereotype of what other people think of southerners...
I guess I will attribute your lack of a sense of humor to your "home life", which by the way is two separate words, but I wouldn't try to question your upbringing for it .

My comment really wasn't that deep and if someone based their whole opinion on a whole group of people based off of my poorly worded post, then that says a lot more about their intellect than it does mine.

I guess I will attribute your lack of a sense of humor to your "home life", which by the way is two separate words, but I wouldn't try to question your upbringing for it .

My comment really wasn't that deep and if someone based their whole opinion on a whole group of people based off of my poorly worded post, then that says a lot more about their intellect than it does mine.
I love being grammar police when I am doing the correcting. I despise the little shits that publicly correct my mistakes.

I love being grammar police when I am doing the correcting. I despise the little shits that publicly correct my mistakes.
Yeah I usually don't do it unless it's something really egregious but if I get the gist I let it be. The only time I really become a grammar police is if someone's being a real jerk to someone else about it.
I digress, I'm not going to hijack this thread away from basketball. So it looks like the team is having fun at the pool. Hoping the team chemistry is replicated on the court as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT