ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

So looks like at least Zia, Eniya, Elysa and Saniya have made the trip.
Breezy, Saniya and Aliyah were all at the mens game last night so I would think there is a good chance they made it on the plane as well unless they got results back today. Also in the video are Eniya and pretty sure Brea but could only see the back of her. Would also think Lele will make the trip.

Reactions: Gamekem
Breezy, Saniya and Aliyah were all at the mens game last night so I would think there is a good chance they made it on the plane as well unless they got results back today. Also in the video are Eniya and pretty sure Brea but could only see the back of her. Would also think Lele will make the trip.
I think we see the back of Lele's head at the 11 second mark. We also see Beal behind Wesolek getting off the bus.

Reactions: Cockygirl1976
Ole Dome head on a rant, feeling his oats lately, working his thesaurus overtime.
Just because he stooped to make jest of someone’s physical appearance is no excuse to mock his baldness.

There are so many other things to ring him up on. Besides us bald guys gotta stick together.

Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)​

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: king ward
I believe it was the other Sania (Feagin) at the game. But it does seem unlikely that those 3 would be at the game if they tested positive, so odds are they are probably good to go, unless as you said a last minute positive test.

Yes
I believe it was the other Sania (Feagin) at the game. But it does seem unlikely that those 3 would be at the game if they tested positive, so odds are they are probably good to go, unless as you said a last minute positive test.
Yes oops meant that Sania Feagin was at the game not Saniya Rivers

No Amihere, Thompson or Cardoso.

Cardoso is a big loss. She and Aliyah would have been effective together against LSU.

But as long as Boston, Zia and Henderson are playing, then we should have enough. Just need to play well.

That stinks on losing both Cardoso and Amihere. It looks as though Feagin is in a boot as well in Dawn's video taking her shot. I'm a little concerned about our post depth. I guess we may see either some more Wesolek or Beal playing some 4.

Reactions: DarkCock
That stinks on losing both Cardoso and Amihere. It looks as though Feagin is in a boot as well in Dawn's video taking her shot. I'm a little concerned about our post depth. I guess we may see either some more Wesolek or Beal playing some 4.
Lele as well, I think. She was not listed as out.

Very frustrated.... no not about the game. Have ESPN+ through HULU and couldn’t watch the game. Anger at the corporate masters arrgh.
Had to listen on radio. I’m sure Muller called a better game than SEC + homers

Ugly win in a tough situation. LSU had a jacked up 1st quarter. We weathered it but good lord TOs and FT shooting

Mulkey has done excellent job with molding their talent into a tough team. But let me give a little perspective. They have 8 seniors.... 2 sixth year seniors 4 fifth year seniors and 2 regular seniors. All gone after this year.

Tonight for LSU
60 points 58 by seniors
66 shots 64 by seniors
25 rebounds 22 by seniors
12 assists all by seniors
200 minutes 189 minutes by seniors

Last edited:
I guess if the pattern continues Cardoso will be out for the Kentucky game. Not the most important game for low post depth since Kentucky is mostly a perimeter-oriented team. I'm not sure about Amihere. Again, her presence is not necessarily for low post depth as much as her ability to switch onto Ryan Howard on the defensive end.

The balance between these two teams came down to two things overall tonight in the end: Our rebounding advantage vs their points off our 21 turnovers. If we could clean up the turnovers, the score would not have been as close. I really enjoy how this team can adjust after a half. It's been proven over and over again this season despite our inconsistencies at times.

Wow it's hard to believe it's that few coaches. So I guess next week with a win against A&M we can complete the run.
Many more than college football, though. The GOATs are still active in both sports, which doesn't live many national titles for everyone else.

Very frustrated.... no not about the game. Have ESPN+ through HULU and couldn’t watch the game. Anger at the corporate masters arrgh.
Had to listen on radio. I’m sure Muller called a better game than SEC + homers

Ugly win in a tough situation. LSU had a jacked up 1st quarter. We weathered it but good lord TOs and FT shooting

Mulkey has done excellent job with molding their talent into a tough team. But let me give a little perspective. They have 8 seniors.... 2 sixth year seniors 4 fifth year seniors and 2 regular seniors. All gone after this year.

Tonight for LSU
60 points 58 by seniors
66 shots 64 by seniors
25 rebounds 22 by seniors
12 assists all by seniors
200 minutes 189 minutes by seniors
I was thinking the same thing about all those seniors.

Reactions: winloseortie
I watched the Kentucky/Georgia game and thought the Wildcats were the most impressive team I've seen play against UGA this season, which would include NC State. Kentucky won, despite Jenna Staiti scoring 26 points and getting out-rebounded as a team by 14. UK is a long and athletic, playing tough man-to-man defense. They extended their defense in order to defend Georgia before they got into the half-court; once there, they had trouble defending Staiti. The Cats generated turnovers that led to transition baskets.

We need to start cutting down on the turnovers, so UK will be a good test. The only way I see the Cats winning is for them to generate 20+ turnovers.

We played really good defense against Rhyne Howard here in Columbia last year. Not sure if Cardoso and Amihere will be available. If not, I could see Brea playing 40 minutes since Lele will sub at the 4.

defense2.gif

We played really good defense against Rhyne Howard here in Columbia last year. Not sure if Cardoso and Amihere will be available. If not, I could see Brea playing 40 minutes since Lele will sub at the 4.

defense2.gif
Amihere should be out of protocol for tomorrow🤞🤞🤞. If she is or isn’t, Beal will be the primary defender, but Howard will get a dose of Lele, Amihere and Saxton. This will keep Beal fresh, out of foul trouble and give Howard some different looks.

*UK is not a good rebounding team. No one over 6’2” on the team
*The stats say they are a good shooting team but that is deceptive. In the six cupcake games they shot VERY well and were 6-0. In their five games against tourney bound teams their shooting was average to below average. They were 2-3 in those games.
* They force 20 turnovers a game, need I say more?
*Six player rotation that is quite solid but plays heavy minutes. Two other players play spot minutes. Edwards 6’2” post had very good OOC. Her lack of size shows against tall/quality posts shows. Walker and Benton are double digit scorers who cannot be ignored. Massengill has been excellent at pg. 3-1 assists to turnover ratio but doesn’t really look to score.

Keys to win George Clinton edition... the P funk
Protect the ball
Pound the boards
Paint points
Push tempo

In other news, the Ole Miss make up date should be Feb 6. Both teams have an open date

Amihere should be out of protocol for tomorrow🤞🤞🤞. If she is or isn’t, Beal will be the primary defender, but Howard will get a dose of Lele, Amihere and Saxton. This will keep Beal fresh, out of foul trouble and give Howard some different looks.

*UK is not a good rebounding team. No one over 6’2” on the team
*The stats say they are a good shooting team but that is deceptive. In the six cupcake games they shot VERY well and were 6-0. In their five games against tourney bound teams their shooting was average to below average. They were 2-3 in those games.
* They force 20 turnovers a game, need I say more?
*Six player rotation that is quite solid but plays heavy minutes. Two other players play spot minutes. Edwards 6’2” post had very good OOC. Her lack of size shows against tall/quality posts shows. Walker and Benton are double digit scorers who cannot be ignored. Massengill has been excellent at pg. 3-1 assists to turnover ratio but doesn’t really look to score.

Keys to win George Clinton edition... the P funk
Protect the ball
Pound the boards
Paint points
Push tempo

In other news, the Ole Miss make up date should be Feb 6. Both teams have an open date
Dawn said in her media availability that we are at the same status that we were at LSU. So sounds like LA is still out.

Dawn said in her media availability that we are at the same status that we were at LSU. So sounds like LA is still out.
That sucks. With Cardoso and Amihere out, that puts a lot of pressure on the starters to play 40 minutes. I hope Feagin subs in and has a monster game. In theory, her height advantage should be a matchup issue for Kentucky. Hopefully she can hold serve and give Boston and Saxton some time to rest.

That sucks. With Cardoso and Amihere out, that puts a lot of pressure on the starters to play 40 minutes. I hope Feagin subs in and has a monster game. In theory, her height advantage should be a matchup issue for Kentucky. Hopefully she can hold serve and give Boston and Saxton some time to rest.
I thought Feagin looked much better against LSU than she did against State. She didn't try and force it against the Tigers. She had 4 defensive rebounds; defense and rebounding is all we need from her. On offense, just don't turn the ball over.

I thought Feagin looked much better against LSU than she did against State. She didn't try and force it against the Tigers. She had 4 defensive rebounds; defense and rebounding is all we need from her. On offense, just don't turn the ball over.
This one needs the PT…and she’s going to be good and make us better down the stretch with a different look.

Dawn said we needed to get the freshmen more touches. They're going to simplify things for them. Long season still ahead and these covid issues aren't going away anytime soon. In tight games, so much is put on Aliyah. She needs somebodies to step up and help her.

Reactions: DarkCock
Dawn said we needed to get the freshmen more touches. They're going to simplify things for them. Long season still ahead and these covid issues aren't going away anytime soon. In tight games, so much is put on Aliyah. She needs somebodies to step up and help her.
I have to say that I have not been impressed by either of the freshman so far. Granted they haven’t had much playing time but when your OOC early schedule is almost exclusively top 15 teams, your freshman won’t see much playing time. I’m especially concerned that none of them have demonstrated any mid-range talent. To me, they all look like Eniya Russell type players. I’m really worried about next year. JMHO.

Great game for us, this was the type of team I was expecting to see all season. Boston shooting with efficieny and setting the continuous double double school record and adding 5 blocks. Saxton still shooting with confidence and was 4 for 4 from the free throw line and was only 1 rebound shy of a double double. Zia had her self a good 19 point game shooting over 50%. Overall it was good balanced scoring for our starters and some good experience for our bench.

What set this game apart from others was the turnovers. The lack of turnovers early on kept this game from being interesting past the first quarter. Hoping the team can build on this.

With the #1 class coming in, everyone from last season returning, and now the addition of 5* 6'7 Cardoso, It's safe to say will be Staley's best and deepest team ever and could rival the Pat Summit teams. I don't see how anyone can beat us
You always have to consider games where you play 5 against 8. When the zebras call phantom fouls and your best players are taken out by bad calls, a loss becomes a strong possibility. I was at Madison Square Garden in the mid-'70s when USC played Seton Hall. Our best player was Brian Winters and I swear he had two fouls on him before he got off the bus. We barely won and it was a miracle that we did due to the slanted officiating. I've seen Aja Wilson and now Aliya Boston fall victim to that in the SEC, both times at Mizzou.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT