ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

BTW, sometimes “mental health” issues can be classes too hard or academically related.

Did CBS Sports ever get any pressure about not covering WBB? I don’t see a category for WNCAA on their web site.

I was trying to beat around the bush without actually saying it, but yeah that was my first thought as well. I feel like three or more siblings shouldn't be on the same roster in college. They could absolutely take over the locker room.
Hell yeah, that's a gang.

I'm surprised she stayed on the team as long as she has after Vic left

Remember the player who transferred from A&M to Mississippi State because she couldn't stand playing with Chennedy Carter? I don't remember her name, but she was a good player. Can't say I blame her. Carter is a headcase.

It's difficult to pick the most impressive stat from last night's game. The fewest points ever given up to an SEC opponent is outstanding. But I'll go with the +27 with Saniya Rivers in the game.

It was a different Dawn last night. Her usual pattern is to bring in Wesolek and Thompson with 5 minutes left to play in a blowout. Inevitably, we lose all momentum and the opponent shaves 10 points off the final score. Last night, instead, she gave Rivers a chance to excel by not bringing in the end of the bench. She has a really high ceiling.

First look at Ole Miss

We have very similar stats in scoring, scoring D, fg shooting %, ft attempted and %,

We are significantly better rebounding team, better, 3pt shooting % we also shoot significantly more, better defensive shooting %

They force 20 turnovers a game and only commit 13.

They have a nine player rotation so we are not going to wear them down. The catch is, after Austin they are undersized down low. They have a lot of pesky on ball defenders. Monk was the DPOY last year in the AAC.

Keys

Protect the ball!!!
Keep Austin from scoring down low, push her out. Madison Scott is their 2nd scorer, Beal will draw her
Score down low, Hit a few threes and this becomes a much easier game
Rebound

First look at Ole Miss

We have very similar stats in scoring, scoring D, fg shooting %, ft attempted and %,

We are significantly better rebounding team, better, 3pt shooting % we also shoot significantly more, better defensive shooting %

They force 20 turnovers a game and only commit 13.

They have a nine player rotation so we are not going to wear them down. The catch is, after Austin they are undersized down low. They have a lot of pesky on ball defenders. Monk was the DPOY last year in the AAC.

Keys

Protect the ball!!!
Keep Austin from scoring down low, push her out. Madison Scott is their 2nd scorer, Beal will draw her
Score down low, Hit a few threes and this becomes a much easier game
Rebound
Do we try double teaming her?

With Rickea Jackson transferring, we now have a real sea change in the conference.

UK, A&M, and Miss St., are now total rebuilds just as Vandy, Bama and Auburn.

Top four teams Are Gamecocks, UT, UGA, and OM. LSU will be in this group but they graduate 8 of their top 9, so I am very wait and see on them next year.

Mizzou and Ark are Moving up and look to be strong NCAA Tourney for the foreseeable future.

UF is a real wait and see.... they have way out performed expectations and talent

With Rickea Jackson transferring, we now have a real sea change in the conference.

UK, A&M, and Miss St., are now total rebuilds just as Vandy, Bama and Auburn.

Top four teams Are Gamecocks, UT, UGA, and OM. LSU will be in this group but they graduate 8 of their top 9, so I am very wait and see on them next year.

Mizzou and Ark are Moving up and look to be strong NCAA Tourney for the foreseeable future.

UF is a real wait and see.... they have way out performed expectations and talent
I think UT is the real threat this year. I was hoping UGA could take them down but that didn’t get done.

For the top 10 women’s teams, do you predicted 6 foot and taller guards and no more shorter guards?

For the top 10 women’s teams, do you predicted 6 foot and taller guards and no more shorter guards?
Yes and no. The game is moving to taller guards every year. For us Rivers, Hall, Russell and Incoming Cooper are all basically 6’.

On the other hand the top 2 PGs for next year are
5’6”.....KK Arnold who has committed to UCONN and
Milayasia Fulwiley 5’6” from Keenan who DS has been recruiting since 7th grade

Reactions: vacock# and Gamekem
It's difficult to pick the most impressive stat from last night's game. The fewest points ever given up to an SEC opponent is outstanding. But I'll go with the +27 with Saniya Rivers in the game.

It was a different Dawn last night. Her usual pattern is to bring in Wesolek and Thompson with 5 minutes left to play in a blowout. Inevitably, we lose all momentum and the opponent shaves 10 points off the final score. Last night, instead, she gave Rivers a chance to excel by not bringing in the end of the bench. She has a really high ceiling.

Are you freakin kidding me…..we are up 50 points and you can’t let two players who practice hard everyday play 3 or 4 minutes?

I was about to start a thread asking if the two might be injured or sick…but I saw them on the end of the bench and they were dressed out. So winning by 40 instead of 50 would change something? As Captain Hook said…..”bad form”

So much for the old college spirit approach. I sure hope they were sick or injured and couldn’t practice this week or this is a crap move.

Are you freakin kidding me…..we are up 50 points and you can’t let two players who practice hard everyday play 3 or 4 minutes?

I was about to start a thread asking if the two might be injured or sick…but I saw them on the end of the bench and they were dressed out. So winning by 40 instead of 50 would change something? As Captain Hook said…..”bad form”

So much for the old college spirit approach. I sure hope they were sick or injured and couldn’t practice this week or this is a crap move.
lol

One of DS’s mantras is “playing time is EARNED in practice.” OT & Wesolek bring it every day but so does every other girl on the team. If you are paying attention to substitution rotations, especially in the first, you know who has earned. It doesn’t help that we are a 16 player roster. There are only 200 minutes to divvy up. Wesolek will start senior night and shown a lotta love.

Would I have liked to have seen them play? Yeah, but it’s not 12 and under church league.

This season is just like the Olympics for DS, it is either championship or failure. Players are competing to earn time and DS’s trust.

Solution for the bench is to shoot 99% free throws, be fast and quick, and no turn overs; then they will play at the end of the game and be valuable if the game is close. Otherwise it’s just charity.

It also may have been a not too subtle hello to former UCONN asst now Vandy coach Shea Ralph.
Welcome to a real conference, remember when you showed no mercy? How does it feel to be on the other end?

Reactions: Forever Fowl
You have to be pretty miserable to find a way to be upset about a 50 point win to an SEC opponent. I think I will let Dawn handle the coaching.
Personally I'm glad she didn't go further into the bench in the last few minutes. We finally got to see some of our highest rated recruits in our program's history make a positive impact to their game in those final minutes, that could be the difference in us securing a national championship come April. Dawn is trying to build a productive bench and to win another title and keep them in the game was the smarter move for the long term.

You have to be pretty miserable to find a way to be upset about a 50 point win to an SEC opponent. I think I will let Dawn handle the coaching.
Personally I'm glad she didn't go further into the bench in the last few minutes. We finally got to see some of our highest rated recruits in our program's history make a positive impact to their game in those final minutes, that could be the difference in us securing a national championship come April. Dawn is trying to build a productive bench and to win another title and keep them in the game was the smarter move for the long term.
Our lineup in the final minutes was Rivers, Hall, Russell, Cardoso and Amihere. So no starters or any of the seniors. Amihere was the only junior and she's been out for a few games, so understandable that she needed some playing time. Otherwise, it just looked to me that coach was trying to get some young players experience.

Reactions: vacock# and Gamekem
They practice, they're on the team, they never get hardly any time on the court, let them play a few minutes for goodness sakes. What do you think they felt like afterwards? Just a bad decision.

Reactions: uscedge21
Productive becnch is good...playing the rated freshies is great. But it was odd not to see everyone with a 50-point led you usually do. Hopefully, they see the court somewhere in another game

Some people perhaps don't fit into Dawn's plans - either long term or short term. Those people are possibly in receipt of a message.

Add to that the fact that the 3 Hayes sisters are at Miss State. They seem to have always left disharmony in their path. Now, all 3 are on one team.
BINGO for you my friend!! Some us should remember that Mama Hayes wanted Dawn to offer all 4 of her daughters scholarships and Dawn passed. I believe the youngest one was in the seventh grade at that time an is in high school now! Hell, playing with 3 Hayes sisters would probably be enough to aggravate anybody mentally!!!! So good for Rickea, I wish her nothing, but the best and would love her to become a Lady G!!!!
🙏👍 to Rickea

Reactions: winloseortie
Would anyone even mention this if the 2 players on the bench were say Russell or Littleton? Are you just as upset that Feagin only got 1 minute of playing time? Look around at elite teams. Do they even have players like that on scholarship? Dawn has a loaded roster of 16 players almost all of them are All American. We've played a very tough schedule and been in some tight games. There hasn't been many opportunities to allow the younger All American players to develop. This was one of those games. The goal is to win a championship. Dawn is pretty good at knowing what that takes.

Would anyone even mention this if the 2 players on the bench were say Russell or Littleton? Are you just as upset that Feagin only got 1 minute of playing time? Look around at elite teams. Do they even have players like that on scholarship? Dawn has a loaded roster of 16 players almost all of them are All American. We've played a very tough schedule and been in some tight games. There hasn't been many opportunities to allow the younger All American players to develop. This was one of those games. The goal is to win a championship. Dawn is pretty good at knowing what that takes.
2nd that!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT