ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Football schedule ... who do we beat? 6 wins and 6 loses? Better or worse?

If the team plays to the best of their ability we should go 4-8.. I wouldn’t be surprised if we only win 2 games though, some of the games that should be easy will not be. Those usual suspects have something to prove too, and they’re not gonna roll over for our new coaching staff. We have weaknesses that need to be addressed, and it’s gonna take a couple years to get them straight. As long as the team plays hard and shows “improvement, and the coaching staff proves they know what they’re doing “I’m happy!

Best case: 8-4
Worst case: 4-8
Probable: 6-6

I honestly think we have some talent, both lines should be solid. I am probably a half glass full type though.

Reactions: 92Pony
I think we are only above average in one position and that’s RB. Most all the others we are below average.

3 OOC patsies and vandy means 4 wins is the absolute floor, imo.

Kentucky, tennesse is a dumpster fire, theres a chance for a couple more wins.

As someone said, theres always the chance the other team turns over the ball a bunch.

I know it will be contentious, but I wonder if 5 wins would really be an improvement if 3 of them are OOC patsies that weren't on last years schedule. (Obviously, that would just be a matter of opinion then on how the team performed)

not having that slob on the sidelines should be good for an additional 2~3 wins

time will tell...

go cocks!

Reactions: vacock#
4-8 realistically. Anything above that is gravy.

I think we'll know this year if Beamer is going to move us towards being competitive...

Will we be unprepared and uncompetitive as we were under Chump, or will we be prepared and competent and have a fighting spirit throughout the season? We'll see.

I think ECU in Greenville is a toss up right now. E. Illinois, Troy, and Vandy ought to be wins. Tenn and Ky are toss ups. Mizzou and Auburn are probable losses, Texas AM, Georgia, Clemson, and Florida are definite losses. Maybe we can have a season like Spurrier’s first (2005) were we are underhanded, but surprise a few teams. I think 6-6 would be outstanding, but if we play hard and smart and go 4-8, what can you say.

Reactions: bflogger28
I wouldn't be shocked if we started the season 6-1. Obviously, we absolutely must win Eastern Illinois, ECU, Troy and Vandy. Anything less than a 4-3 start will be disappointing, even given our current state. So, we ought to have 4 wins off the bat. Obviously UGA is a presumed loss. That leaves UT and UK. Those are winnable games, but we'll call them toss-ups and split them for a 5-2 start.

Then we probably lose out, though maybe we could steal the Mizzou or Auburn games.

BEST case scenario for us is 6-6. I think that's a reasonable expectation for this season.
I agree with this.

If we win 3 or less will Shane be on the FGF hot seat?
Oh, you know he will. Those who’ve been against him from the start will be calling for his firing after the very first loss. (Maybe even the very first play that doesn’t immediately go for a TD.)

Reactions: gamecox4982
If he only wins one game he shouldn’t be on anyone’s hot seat. This is all new to Shane so he deserves a chance to make mistakes and try to correct them, “it’s gonna take a few years before the fan base start criticizing him. Now if he looks “clueless” like he has no idea “what he’s doing” then people have a right to go after him but hopefully, the majority of us will have his back at least the first first two years.

Reactions: bflogger28
Hold on to you shorts oh ye of little faith! This crew will put together a running game reminiscent of the best of the Carlen years. We will catch opponents unaware of what a ground-pounding run game is. 9-3 season, and you heard it first ritchea!

2021 SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Sept. 4 EASTERN ILLINOIS
Sept. 11 at East Carolina
Sept. 18 at Georgia
Sept. 25 KENTUCKY
Oct. 2 TROY
Oct. 9 at Tennessee
Oct. 16 VANDERBILT
Oct. 23 at Texas A&M
Oct. 30 OPEN DATE
Nov. 6 FLORIDA
Nov. 13 at Missouri
Nov. 20 AUBURN
Nov. 27 CLEMSON
6-6 would be considered a successful first season for Beamer.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Sept. 4 EASTERN ILLINOIS
Sept. 18 at Georgia
Sept. 25 KENTUCKY
Oct. 2 TROY
Oct. 9 at Tennessee
Oct. 16 VANDERBILT
Oct. 23 at Texas A&M
Oct. 30 OPEN DATE
Nov. 6 FLORIDA
Nov. 13 at Missouri
Nov. 20 AUBURN
Nov. 27 CLEMSON
I think some of you are nuts...but I hope you're right.
I only feel 100% confident that Carolina will have 2 wins next year. I think we may split with either ECU or Troy...because I can't foresee Mike Houston having a third bad year there.
Vandy is the only probably conference win. Will justifiably be underdogs in all other conference games...and my overall prediction is: 3-9

Reactions: Brace1
That is my thoughts. There’s 15 WR on this roster- you should be able to find 3. Doty has looked good in spring and RB is solid. OL may be the deepest position group on the team. DL 2 deep is 5* and 4* players. DB is limited for sure, but I just don’t see how the talent on this team doesn’t equate to at least 6-6.
*Disclaimer: this is not a smart @ss remark...
I think the reason we won't be near 6-6 is due to the talent on team and staff. If they get 5 wins I will feel like we are upward trending and my expectations will have been surpassed. I hope you are right- would make this fall's living better.

Not a too difficult schedule. We could squeak out 6 wins and go bowling in Shane's first season. At least that's what I hope but we won't know anything until we see the product on the field.

Worst case, 15-0. Best case, 140-0 and champs of the Super League of World Conquest and Ruination Bowl Series.

Reactions: jeff2001
He should get 5 years at very least to produce. After that a hot seat. Thinking it’s a instant winning record with his hire is crazy. He has to have time just like Muschamp to build a team. I did not agree with his hire but I do say we need to give him time

4-8 or 5-7
Offensive is nowhere close to putting up points will need to win 6 games
Defensively our DTs were probably the worst in the SEC. No elite pass rusher, LBs are below average in the SEC. Secondary will get better as the season goes on, but with no pass rush, and not being able to stop the run. It'll be a long season for the Secondary.

Sept. 4 EASTERN ILLINOIS
Sept. 18 at Georgia
Sept. 25 KENTUCKY
Oct. 2 TROY
Oct. 9 at Tennessee
Oct. 16 VANDERBILT
Oct. 23 at Texas A&M
Oct. 30 OPEN DATE
Nov. 6 FLORIDA
Nov. 13 at Missouri
Nov. 20 AUBURN
Nov. 27 CLEMSON
8-4 if both runningbacks stay healthy. Losses to Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida and Clemson.

I didn't hear it live, but apparently Sapakoff told the Halftime Show guys today that he was hearing that USC was discussing the idea of negotiating a "soft landing" for Frank, i.e. a mutual parting of ways at season's end. TIFWIW.

3 OOC patsies and vandy means 4 wins is the absolute floor, imo.

Kentucky, tennesse is a dumpster fire, theres a chance for a couple more wins.

As someone said, theres always the chance the other team turns over the ball a bunch.

I know it will be contentious, but I wonder if 5 wins would really be an improvement if 3 of them are OOC patsies that weren't on last years schedule. (Obviously, that would just be a matter of opinion then on how the team performed)
I think you'll find ECU is no patsy especially at their place. 5 wins would be a good season...

It all come down to QB play.Poor Qb play equals 3 wins.Excellent QB play means 7-8 wins.Likely somewhere in between.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT