ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

Did you look at the rankings? Ky is currently 9th- ahead of Bama, clemsun, florida, TAMU, Tx…. If you think the current rankings- representing classes where not a single school has signed over HALF of a class to this point- have any bearing on ANYTHING (which clearly you do- as shown by all your crying to this point) it is you who should apologize for being stupid.

Nobody expects us to dominate recruiting after 6 wins total over the past two seasons and a coaching change… Nobody with any idea of how recruiting works anyway… but it is still about 6 months from the first signing period and nobody has played a GAME yet. We will likely once again focus on transfers and getting guys who can help immediately. The portal has rendered recruiting rankings virtually meaningless as some schools are filling half or more of their allotment from the portal and it does not figure into recruiting class rankings… But please, continue to ignore all the facts and freaking out over meaningless BS like this- anything you can find to trash our program, coaches and future players is fair game for you right?
What about Vanderbilt? Tennessee? Arizona? Texas? They all had coaching changes and are ahead of us. What about a whole host of other programs that perennially are beneath us, like Miss St, Rutgers, Boston College, Cincinnati, Maryland, Illinois, GT, Virginia, and Colorado? Shouldn't we be ahead of those teams, especially since the main positive attribute of the incoming staff is supposed to be what great recruiters they are. Historically, most all of the best recruits are committed by the end of July. If that holds true we have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time. Also, if you are Georgia, the portal is your friend. If you are USC, not so much.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
No students have been able to visit schools for the last year. Many 4 star and high 3 stars are coming to Columbia this month. But most will take all their visits before making a decision. Like I said before Beamer is swinging for the fences in recruiting. And we're just going to have to wait on most of these kids. We will finish in the top 25.
I hope you’re right Jeff2001 but I doubt it. There’s nothing about this staff that jumps out at recruits and if we “fail, to have a decent season recruiting will definitely suffer. Our coaches are gonna have to prove they can coach these guys up, and they better do it “fast!” This staff has no time to waste, and it doesn’t matter that we think highly of them, the bottom line is how the recruits, their parents, and coaches see USC.

I hope you’re right Jeff2001 but I doubt it. There’s nothing about this staff that jumps out at recruits and if we “fail, to have a decent season recruiting will definitely suffer. Our coaches are gonna have to prove they can coach these guys up, and they better do it “fast!” This staff has no time to waste, and it doesn’t matter that we think highly of them, the bottom line is how the recruits, their parents, and coaches see USC.
What do you consider a successful recruiting class ? Top 25?

What about Vanderbilt? Tennessee? Arizona? Texas? They all had coaching changes and are ahead of us. What about a whole host of other programs that perennially are beneath us, like Miss St, Rutgers, Boston College, Cincinnati, Maryland, Illinois, GT, Virginia, and Colorado? Shouldn't we be ahead of those teams, especially since the main positive attribute of the incoming staff is supposed to be what great recruiters they are. Historically, most all of the best recruits are committed by the end of July. If that holds true we have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time. Also, if you are Georgia, the portal is your friend. If you are USC, not so much.
We got quite a few good looking players from the portal- nobody knows how they will work out at this point. It is a pretty negative mentality to assume we did poorly at this point but UGA and others did well. Again, naming other schools who are ahead of us today shows you missed my point- I do not i tend to be antagonistic, just making a point. Ole Piss is a year ahead of us on a coaching change, beat us last year, had a much better record, so many here feel Lane was a can’t miss hire (I disagree personally, but different discussion)- and look where they are! Wayy behind us! I am just saying the rankings now don’t matter. If we get a few wins, show improvement.. We will get more interest. We are in the midst of a big recruiting weekend right now- just happened to coincide with our hosting of a baseball regional, a nice bonus IMO- so we may see improvement in our class quickly! We can hope so…

I have all the confidence in the world in Beamer, Stepp and Gray. They are going to get us there but damn, y'all. This is a severely damaged brand right now. Six wins in two years!

Reactions: gamecock stock
Of course that is true. But you either put kids on the field who can win against an SEC schedule or you don’t. You can make excuses for everything. And in the micro, they might be completely justifiable excuses. For Beamer, there are probably mountains he just can’t climb or doesn’t know how yet. But excuses add up. Couldn’t get this done because of this, couldn’t get that done because of that. There is give-up ingrained in the athletics culture of this university in football and men’s basketball. And I don’t mean give up in as not trying hard, but give up in terms of a lack of critical thinking and forethought.
I don't think Coach Beamer has been here long enough to have been inculcated to that culture. Moreover, he was here under one of the 4 coaches in our history who successfully altered that culture. Let's give him 4 years to see what he can do. Trajectory and inertia are difficult to overcome but it can be done.

Here we are in June and we only have 4 commits. If those were top blue chip prospects it might not as bad, but they appear to be somewhat average. A LB at 215 lbs, a DB who's 5'9", and a OL weighing in at 265 aren't exactly "wow" recruits. June is a big month in recruiting. If we don't see a lot of quality commits in June or early July I'm afraid this year will be a bust as far as recruiting. I'm sure the staff is trying hard and we read how they are making lots of offers, but none seem to be realistic shots at producing quality commitments. This won't appreciably affect next year since most freshmen don't contribute much anyway, but if this year is not good, and we have no quality recruits coming in, it could seriously affect the program for several years. Personally, I don't think this staff has several years to waste before the fans become restless. Let's hope the camps produce some good talented recruits we can build on. Things are really beginning to tighten up.

Well, we now have 11 commits and we're still in June. Just outside of the top 25 in current rankings....

Reactions: smcnd
Well, we now have 11 commits and we're still in June. Just outside of the top 25 in current rankings....
Correct- except according to Rivals we are currently #21. Take it FWIW in late June but it is surely some extremely positive momentum and we know there are still a few “silent” commits out there!

Last edited:
Going into July we have 11 commits which is an improvement from where we were on June 4. This is exactly what I said they needed to do with the the possible exception of the quality of recruits. We don't know what these guys will do eventually, but the measurements don't appear to be eye popping.

I see you cherry picked my comments though. I also pointed out: June is a big month in recruiting. If we don't see a lot of quality commits in June or early July I'm afraid this year will be a bust as far as recruiting. It appears I was correct on that and that this staff recognizes this. We will see what develops between now and when the fall camp starts. Hopefully, they will get some high quality commits by then.

Going into July we have 11 commits which is an improvement from where we were on June 4. This is exactly what I said they needed to do with the the possible exception of the quality of recruits. We don't know what these guys will do eventually, but the measurements don't appear to be eye popping.

I see you cherry picked my comments though. I also pointed out: June is a big month in recruiting. If we don't see a lot of quality commits in June or early July I'm afraid this year will be a bust as far as recruiting. It appears I was correct on that and that this staff recognizes this. We will see what develops between now and when the fall camp starts. Hopefully, they will get some high quality commits by then.
We already did with Davis, Brubaker and Rose.

We already did with Davis, Brubaker and Rose.
And don't forget Kansas transfer Prunty - JUCO transfers were always considered a part of recruiting cycles, so I don't know why a P5 program transfer wouldn't be as well, even one as lowly as Kansas. But Prunty has proven his "quality" with more than just prep-level potential.....

I didn't cherry pick - I included your entire comment. I didn't "pick" a part of a sentence to argue against, I responded to an entire sentence you made.

A good example of cherry-picking, is your trying to claim you were correct, but then you choose to cherry-pick past this comment:

I'm sure the staff is trying hard and we read how they are making lots of offers, but none seem to be realistic shots at producing quality commitments.

Based on Prunty, Rose, Davis, and now Brubaker, you are certainly NOT correct.....

Reactions: carolinamyke
I didn't cherry pick - I included your entire comment. I didn't "pick" a part of a sentence to argue against, I responded to an entire sentence you made.

A good example of cherry-picking, is your trying to claim you were correct, but then you choose to cherry-pick past this comment:

Based on Prunty, Rose, Davis, and now Brubaker, you are certainly NOT correct.....
You absolutely did cherry pick. Making a comment about one sentence out out of context without recognizing the point of the statement is the very definition of cherry picking.

And I was correct on June 4 stating what needed to be done. If not, why are they doing it??????? HMMMMM?

You absolutely did cherry pick. Making a comment about one sentence out out of context without recognizing the point of the statement is the very definition of cherry picking.

And I was correct on June 4 stating what needed to be done. If not, why are they doing it??????? HMMMMM?
Right, coach Beamer was just waiting on you to give the go ahead….

Reactions: carolinamyke
Just keep it rolling and for the love of god make adjustments in the game instead of talking about what you should of done. That's all I ask.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
The transfer from Kansas was a Freshman All American. We’ll see if that translates to a starting position, at an area of immediate CB.
Sure it won't, he was a 2-star, therefore can't be good, certainly not as a freshman. That or we'll see the talent loaded on this team when it's not squandered by an inept coach who installs a broken culture and uses a dated defense. Don't know why we signed Horton, a 6'3" WR with a 4.4 40-time and a 39" vertical, when are we gonna get some guys with good measurements.

What Beamer is doing now is the minimum required in terms of recruiting. He still doesn’t have a top 100 or top 200 composite recruit. He’s still near the bottom of the conference in rankings. That he’s hovering around the top 25 mark is nothing to get excited about, but it is at least reassuring and provides a sense of relief that things haven’t totally collapsed. If he lands Delp and Antonio Williams, pulls a surprise or two with someone like Dominick James, then it’s time to start getting excited for this class and the potential for Beamer to be a powerful recruiting force.

The work he’s done in the transfer market, Prunty, Brown, Strachan has been very impressive. But no sense in doing back flaps about a school that should be putting together top 30 ranked classes with its eyes closed getting back to where it should be.

Bahaha 🤣, that jgh dude is struggling to admit he was wrong. Still not willing to admit the coaching staff has done much better than expected to start off with. I get it, I'm stubborn as well, and never want to admit when I'm wrong. But man give it up on this one.

What Beamer is doing now is the minimum required in terms of recruiting. He still doesn’t have a top 100 or top 200 composite recruit. He’s still near the bottom of the conference in rankings. That he’s hovering around the top 25 mark is nothing to get excited about, but it is at least reassuring and provides a sense of relief that things haven’t totally collapsed. If he lands Delp and Antonio Williams, pulls a surprise or two with someone like Dominick James, then it’s time to start getting excited for this class and the potential for Beamer to be a powerful recruiting force.

The work he’s done in the transfer market, Prunty, Brown, Strachan has been very impressive. But no sense in doing back flaps about a school that should be putting together top 30 ranked classes with its eyes closed getting back to where it should be.
Right, every 2-8 team ends up with a top 25 class. Geez.

Right, every 2-8 team ends up with a top 25 class. Geez.
Yeah, it actually happens all the time. Bad team fires coach, new guy comes in an puts together a good class or two within the first three years. It’s sort of the bump you expect by making a change. I’ve seen Holtz do it against a 1 win team, Spurrier do it against a 6 win team, Muschamp do it against 3 win team, and now Beamer doing it against a 2 win team.

South Carolina with its facilities, fan interest, conference affiliation, and footprint doesn’t require a lot to get a good class together.

Bahaha 🤣, that jgh dude is struggling to admit he was wrong. Still not willing to admit the coaching staff has done much better than expected to start off with. I get it, I'm stubborn as well, and never want to admit when I'm wrong. But man give it up on this one.
Agree !!! Some of these posters responding now just like the one you are referring to are getting comical. They are trying so hard to spin things instead of just admitting being wrong
Weird but entertaining I guess

I don’t think that Boston College, Maryland, Georgia Tech and Virginia are “perennially “ below USC. In fact, I would say they are all historically better than USC, except VA which is probably a wash.

Ok Einstein, please explain what I was wrong about. My point was we had few commits in early June and needed to have a good June and July. So far we've had a pretty good June. July is yet to be seen. It is simply amazing at they # of people who misread or have comprehension issues on this forum.

We find out about James on Saturday. I can smell blood in the water following the Brubaker commit. Now I just want more...James and Delp. IF we could land all 3, this would be a phenomenal class. If we only end up with 2, it's a great class.

I like Brubaker's mentality so far in trying to build a coalition among fellow recruits to come here and start something from scratch.

While looking at recruiting rankings, I noticed for the first time that Skinner was ranked higher than Delp in TE rankings. Anyone know exactly why we're in better shape with Delp considering Skinner is the top-ranked TE in the class? Our coaching change? Skinner being in "Clemson territory"? Very intrigued to know the answer(s).

Would love to know @Wes Mitchell if you have some inside info you're willing to share.

While looking at recruiting rankings, I noticed for the first time that Skinner was ranked higher than Delp in TE rankings. Anyone know exactly why we're in better shape with Delp considering Skinner is the top-ranked TE in the class? Our coaching change? Skinner being in "Clemson territory"? Very intrigued to know the answer(s).

Would love to know @Wes Mitchell if you have some inside info you're willing to share.
Skinner is not as good as Delp. I have seen Skinner play many times. I seriously doubt he will end the year still ahead of Delp.

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
Here we are in June and we only have 4 commits. If those were top blue chip prospects it might not as bad, but they appear to be somewhat average. A LB at 215 lbs, a DB who's 5'9", and a OL weighing in at 265 aren't exactly "wow" recruits. June is a big month in recruiting. If we don't see a lot of quality commits in June or early July I'm afraid this year will be a bust as far as recruiting. I'm sure the staff is trying hard and we read how they are making lots of offers, but none seem to be realistic shots at producing quality commitments. This won't appreciably affect next year since most freshmen don't contribute much anyway, but if this year is not good, and we have no quality recruits coming in, it could seriously affect the program for several years. Personally, I don't think this staff has several years to waste before the fans become restless. Let's hope the camps produce some good talented recruits we can build on. Things are really beginning to tighten up.
Hello Troller, you, Freddie and others are the orange in disguise. We all know you all are considered malcontents. Noone cares about your negative opinions. Go to Tigernet. That is where you belong.

Agree !!! Some of these posters responding now just like the one you are referring to are getting comical. They are trying so hard to spin things instead of just admitting being wrong
Weird but entertaining I guess

Reminds me of when you were hyping muschamp before last season.

Hello Troller, you, Freddie and others are the orange in disguise. We all know you all are considered malcontents. Noone cares about your negative opinions. Go to Tigernet. That is where you belong.
Everything I post is factual. The fact that you cannot handle facts without your garnet colored glasses on is not my problem. You are correct though in one thing. I am not content with the way things are. I'm sick and damned tired of losing. I'm also sick and damned tired of loser fans like you that don't demand excellence from our team and just make excuses for losing. I'll go to tigernet when you go to hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT