ADVERTISEMENT

250lb. TE to return punts....

I am pretty sure I would be pissing my pants if I had to return a punt!

In 9th grade I was on Jv team and was not extremely fast but shifty. Coach put me back to return kick off against the Varsity team and I returned it for a TD. Returned another for 30 or so Yds.

Then, they put me on punt return. Some how the ball just slipped through my hands and some dude tried his best to drive his helmet through my torso as the ball fell to the ground. Thank God that was last time I was asked to return a punt lol.

Takes a huge Pair to return those punts in college. I think the great ones are a little crazy.

Reactions: stevestrat2
Maybe he'll bring his baseball mitt out there. This kid is a stud. Hopefully he'll truck a few guys if he has some space once he catches it.

Only he didn't have to catch it, what would have happened had he gotten out of the way? Bad coaching, even though it's what most coaches would have done. No reason to try and catch it. High risk, low reward is what bad gamblers do.

I agree, he didn't HAVE to catch it. My point was if he attempts to catch it he has to be successful even if he is a 3rd stringer as a returner. Letting that one bounce may have been a good gamble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT