ADVERTISEMENT

28 Clemson athletes, 23 football players??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from a family full of doctors, non of them are worried, as you say. My aunt is an er physician and just got back from a 2 week cross country trip, bet you she didn’t wear a mask the whole time.
I have a cardiologist in my family...she is very worried and her family wears mask when they go out...and try to keep 6 ft distance. She has not seen her parents or flown since this happened.

Reactions: 803blf
I am from a family full of doctors, non of them are worried, as you say. My aunt is an er physician and just got back from a 2 week cross country trip, bet you she didn’t wear a mask the whole time.
Agreed. There doesn't seem to be universal agreement among the doctors about how scared we should be over this virus. Even the guidance from Fauci, Birx, the CDC, WHO, etc. has fluctuated over time. The only universal agreement seems to be that if you are in the high-risk group, you need to take extra precautions. That seems reasonable to me.

So.... we are literally at 4 or 5 x the daily case rate. We are opening back up fully at the peak thus far of this virus. Its not just more testing either we are at 14% positive when we were at 5%, younger people are catching it also. At the time I thought the decisions were being based on pure hysteria not "science" or numbers. That has been confirmed by the numbers we have now.

People preach the government and "experts" make all these decisions etc etc.... what criteria are they using to determine closing vs opening and stay at home orders? I have yet to get an answer for this. Looks like its all entirely arbitrary and guessing.

If we are open right now I hope people will finally shut up about government and doing things for peoples health etc...What numbers do we have to hit for them to shut down? So we shut down literally based on no other reasoning than hysteria in March? How can you argue otherwise given the current numbers and current decisions to stay open?

I mean should I make plans for July to go to the beach people are telling me sure we arent shutting down again. I am like but we are hitting a 1,000 cases a day! How do you know we wont shut down again? Of course these are the same people who said we would never close longer than a few days because "people will freak out and revolt" lol.

This is why there will not be a football season. This happened in June but if it were early October what would happen? It’s one thing to miss a guy with a torn ACL but 23 guys missing 2 weeks together. It’s not like you can just expand rosters like MLB. You can’t isolate college football in the Disney bubble like the NBA.

Assuming these 23 had played in a game the previous week there would be asymptomatic spreaders on the opposing team, who the next week would play another team from another state (most likely).

I wish it weren’t so but I cannot see college football this year. You can thank the 1,000 cases a day here and the 4000 a day in Florida for it too.
At some point we are going to have to let it run it’s course like the flu. I believe we will be there by football season and treating it much like the flu. If not then defiantly after November. If y’all don’t think this is being politically motivated, I have beach front property in Arizona.

Reactions: Expro19
This is like a big chicken pox party for kids courtesy of Dabbo. Get it and you are immune for the season. Meanwhile, we will have 10 players every week getting it and having to roll out second and third stringers to compete. I hope the season is cancelled or we go 3-9 given our luck.

You do realize there are thousands of documeting cases of people getting COVID multiple times. The idea that once you get it you are immune is totally false and not supported by science or public health officials.

Seriously? She sounds like part of the problem.
Seriously and I completely disagree with you. I have not worn a mask yet and if a store requires one I patron their competition that does not. At some point we just have to live our lives. We don’t know when or if their will be a vaccine. Then if there is we don’t know how long that immunity will last. Everyone else can do what they want to do, this is America after all, I for one will be living my life like I did a year ago.

Reactions: Elgringo
You do realize there are thousands of documeting cases of people getting COVID multiple times. The idea that once you get it you are immune is totally false and not supported by science or public health officials.
Not entirely true, recent studies are showing that having it gives you an approx. 5 month immunity.

Seriously and I completely disagree with you. I have not worn a mask yet and if a store requires one I patron their competition that does not. At some point we just have to live our lives. We don’t know when or if their will be a vaccine. Then if there is we don’t know how long that immunity will last. Everyone else can do what they want to do, this is America after all, I for one will be living my life like I did a year ago.
So you don't care that you might spread it to highly susceptible people and possibly kill them?

How does covering your nose and mouth in public prevent you from living your life?

So you don't care that you might spread it to highly susceptible people and possibly kill them?
In my opinion if you are such a person you should be staying at home. Why should I have to quarantine as a healthy person. Why quarantine the masses for a few.

Not entirely true, recent studies are showing that having it gives you an approx. 5 month immunity.
And I can say that is 100% false since I personally know someone who had it. Actually, one of the first ones in the upstate region. Her bloodwork now shows no antibodies and thats after several tests. And she wasn't asymptomatic either.

And I can say that is 100% false since I personally know someone who had it. Actually, one of the first ones in the upstate region. Her bloodwork now shows no antibodies and thats after several tests. And she wasn't asymptomatic either.
A the antibodies test have a serious issue with accuracy.
b antibodies are not the only markers of “immunity” to a virus.

Reactions: Lakecock1
At some point we are going to have to let it run it’s course like the flu. I believe we will be there by football season and treating it much like the flu. If not then defiantly after November. If y’all don’t think this is being politically motivated, I have beach front property in Arizona.

I don’t believe 121,000 Americans chose to die to influence this presidential election.

Nobody knows their azz from a hole in the ground when it comes to this virus. So the real choice is whether or not to continue living in fear.

And I also have a family of doctors, as well as other friends in science and healthcare. They would adamantly disagree.

Seriously. I have a couple of doctors in the family as well, and they are starting to get very concerned going to work every day. This is starting to get pretty big in many places in South Carolina, and it’s getting worrisome.

Last edited:
Nobody knows their azz from a hole in the ground when it comes to this virus. So the real choice is whether or not to continue living in fear.

How is wearing a mask in public and washing your hands "living in fear"? It is just the responsible and respectful thing to do. Not surpprised selfish people have a hard time with that, though.

Tater U was hosting covid parties at the height of the pandemic. Had to know this was coming.
Beside what n the world else to do in Pickens.
The football players were locked arm and arm at some kinda protest I think... Yeah?

This is why there will not be a football season. This happened in June but if it were early October what would happen? It’s one thing to miss a guy with a torn ACL but 23 guys missing 2 weeks together. It’s not like you can just expand rosters like MLB. You can’t isolate college football in the Disney bubble like the NBA.

Assuming these 23 had played in a game the previous week there would be asymptomatic spreaders on the opposing team, who the next week would play another team from another state (most likely).

I wish it weren’t so but I cannot see college football this year. You can thank the 1,000 cases a day here and the 4000 a day in Florida for it too.
The only way we are going to get rid of this thing is to go ahead and live our lives normally and take the 99.9% that we will be fine. Or a vaccine... Staying locked up is actually doing more harm than good I think.

The only way we are going to get rid of this thing is to go ahead and live our lives normally and take the 99.9% that we will be fine. Or a vaccine... Staying locked up is actually doing more harm than good I think.

I respect your opinion but disagree. Wear a mask in public. Stay 6 feet from other people. That is not “normal” but it helps prevent the spread. Wash your hands often.

It’s the people acting normal that’s causing our cases to rise more than just about any state in the union.

Seriously, I know 2 that passed away from it. They couldn't care less about an election, they just wanted to live and be with their families.

I offer my condolences and prayers. What bothers me most is how many people have lost a loved one, yet others feel the need to spout out garbage about this virus. I can’t imagine how hurtful it must be to have lost a loved one and read half the crap the uninformed spew out here.

I respect your opinion but disagree. Wear a mask in public. Stay 6 feet from other people. That is not “normal” but it helps prevent the spread. Wash your hands often.

It’s the people acting normal that’s causing our cases to rise more than just about any state in the union.
I always wash my hands and use good hygiene, that should be normal. You can live normal and stay six feet away or try too. When I said live our lives normally, this is what I meant...... The mask, on the other hand, I don't have an opinion on. I watched my mother pass out with Carbon dioxide poisoning wearing them. I think they may make you feel good about yourself but they don't help unless it's a special mask. The box that my mom's masks came in actually said on the box that it doesn't help with Covid.

This is concerning me now. If you account for all the missed positive tests early on, the current US case increase still has not caught up with the previous rise. Not close yet. But in SC, this rise outpaces the former easily.

The entire country reacted to what was happening in NY, so it delayed growth in other areas. Now, as groups reform, and people gather together, it's our turn.

We are perhaps ahead of many other states that have not faced the real onslaught. People should wear those masks and stay out of groups. It seems we are trying to taunt the disease, and that goes for both political parties. It's a stubborness problem; not a political problem.

Reactions: 803blf
How is wearing a mask in public and washing your hands "living in fear"? It is just the responsible and respectful thing to do. Not surpprised selfish people have a hard time with that, though.
Why haven’t we done it for years then? The same demographic is at risk for the common cold, flu, etc, so explain to me why it is irresponsible not to wear of a mask all of a sudden?

This is concerning me now. If you account for all the missed positive tests early on, the current US case increase still has not caught up with the previous rise. Not close yet. But in SC, this rise outpaces the former easily.

The entire country reacted to what was happening in NY, so it delayed growth in other areas. Now, as groups reform, and people gather together, it's our turn.

We are perhaps ahead of many other states that have not faced the real onslaught. People should wear those masks and stay out of groups. It seems we are trying to taunt the disease, and that goes for both political parties. It's a stubborness problem; not a political problem.

I completely agree. I will caveat what I’m about to say by admitting that I am not an expert, and there is no reason why you should listen to me or take me seriously. But I do think that we should listen to the health experts and wear masks, social distance, etc. The virus is growing exponentially here in SC, and I’m willing to trust the experts at this point to slow it down

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Why haven’t we done it for years then? The same demographic is at risk for the common cold, flu, etc, so explain to me why it is irresponsible not to wear of a mask all of a sudden?

If you do not already understsand how COVID-19 is incredibly different from what you listed I am not sure what else I can do. Maybe everyone who questions needs to spend lots more time listening to actual physicians and public health experts.

If you do not already understsand how COVID-19 is incredibly different from what you listed I am not sure what else I can do. Maybe everyone who questions needs to spend lots more time listening to actual physicians and public health experts.
I do I listen to the ones in my family and as I stated earlier they don’t wear mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT