ADVERTISEMENT

This entire staff should have been fired after that humiliating loss to VA not to mention ridiculous pay raises to assistant coaches before the bowl game where no one on the team even showed up to play or coach.

Most don't want to hear this but I feel 100% that Clemson played possum on defense. Maybe the players didn't even know! But after watching things, Clemson Def is not that bad, I think they (BV) called some gimmick plays to setup bad plays on Def. Dabo knew that which is why he called the 1's and scoring play at end. I think they soft played ND and Bama just to give them an edge in playoffs.

Call me crazy, but Clems Def is not that bad?

I'm not gloating but it's hard to believe we gave Clemson a better game than ND and Bama. Still lost by three scores.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClemsonAlumnus
We played a half with them. The 3rd quarter they dominated us. We didn't quit in the 4th quarter and made it look respectable.

Most don't want to hear this but I feel 100% that Clemson played possum on defense. Maybe the players didn't even know! But after watching things, Clemson Def is not that bad, I think they (BV) called some gimmick plays to setup bad plays on Def. Dabo knew that which is why he called the 1's and scoring play at end. I think they soft played ND and Bama just to give them an edge in playoffs.

Call me crazy, but Clems Def is not that bad?
BV dared Bentley to make throws he couldn't make the whole year. He made them. Hats off to him for making them. He should have gotten SEC QB of the week over Tua (I understand it, though, because your conference wanted Tua to get the Heisman).

I thought South Carolina did a great job in that game of using tempo to catch our defense off guard and still trying to get play calls in from the sideline. We had safeties and LBs that didn't know what the hell they were doing on multiple occasions.

It's really the same thing that Syracuse has done to keep our defense off balance the last couple of years (2017 in particular). Venables likes to see offensive alignments before making his final play calls and some teams have definitely been able to exploit that on occasion. I was very surprised that neither ND nor Bama ever tried to really crank up the tempo like that.

I know i laughed going in the off-season when Muschamp kept saying South Carolina was going to go up-tempo on offense this year because i didn't think he would actually do it, but he did and it was pretty effective for most of the season. I don't know what happened to y'all in the UVA game, but for most of the season your offense was pretty darn good. It was really the defense falling apart down the stretch that held you back.

I also think there's plenty of reason to assume he will get the defense back on track. That's the one side of the ball he rarely has issues with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT