ADVERTISEMENT

3 NY Yankees players that were vaccinated test positive for Covid

No, that should not cause a problem with toxicity, although the dose is right at the maximal level.

I think supplements are fine, but I've always been a proponent of the "Just eat the food, people" line of thinking. That is, eat a good, common sense diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat and fish (fish is high in vitamin D), whole grains, and these cover most all nutrients. (I won't go into what NOT to eat).

Also, with vitamin D, much of what we consume and supplement is "inactive" vitamin D. We need sunlight to convert it into "active" vitamin D. I know you, yourself, get out and play golf and other activities so you should be fine. We also need some sort of exercise allow the vitamin to exert its effects on bone mineralization, such as weights or some kind of gravity-battling activity.

Again, no supplement will prevent or cure COVID (including zinc, which somebody mentioned). But some of the data does demonstrate some positive effect. And I'm certainly a believer in the notion of us doing anything we can that will possibly help.

Toxicity for Vitamin D is very rare and you would have to accomplish with mega doses over a large time frame. They are currently using up to 50,000+ IUs for COVID intervention (meaning you have C19 and are having complications.)

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Would you say that taking one 125 mcg tablet daily of vitamin D would give rise to that level of toxicity? I'm talking about a person (me) who also takes a typical multivitamin at night.

That's a very small dose and you probably don't want Vitamin D in a tablet format. The process required to turn vitamins into synthetics required grinding out and heat which can cause oxidation and turn a positive into something that's difficult to metabolize by the liver and doesn't enter the cell. (you just pee it out) This is a very good alternative option. Another. Ideally, you want to purchase in the cooler months to prevent any oil oxidation from shipping in the heat.

Fat soluble formats are best and the sweet spot for most of maintenance dose is currently around 7,000-10,000 IUs daily. This can be reduced in the warmer months if you are getting full-body sunlight.

Also of note > age matters. For example, 70 year olds need up to 4x the amount of Vitamin D than a 20 year old to maintain proper levels.

With the same sun exposure. (see below)

Finally, Vitamin D inhibits mTOR (just like rapamycin) giving it a role in fighting aging and chronic disease.

Make sure to check your levels every 3 to 6 months. You can do this via MD or purchase a test online for approx. $10-15 and take to LABCORP or QUEST and they will send you results.

Last edited:
I'm agreeing with you about the benefits of Vitamin D. I wouldn't call it a "cure", but vitamin D deficient people tend not to do as well with COVID as those who have been taking supplements and getting sun exposure. Then there's the word of caution - vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin and one can develop a toxicity if taken in extreme amounts. Unlike vitamin C, for example, which people can take in large amounts (although may be wasted effort) because it is water soluble and the excess is simply excreted. And thanks for wanting to educate me.

Sorry Doc. I thought you were one of those stating that you believed the vaccine was definitively "safe and effective" when it was released. That was an unknown which continues to play out....and there's nothing definitive whatsoever even at this point in time.

Yes you sheep are. You wearing one or two masks now? Only an idiot takes a shot of an unapproved vaccine that no one knows what future side affects it might have. But carry on
What are the future side effects of having Covid? It can be very damaging to the lungs and there are cases of long hall infections. The future side effect is not getting extremely sick from Covid. This type of vaccine has been worked on for years and years. It didn’t just happen over night. The technology and methodology has been decades in the making. It’s not really new and unproven.
Would love to see any actual data that the unvaccinated are perpetuating the disease. There's zero evidence of this. The inventor of the nMRA technology, Dr. Robert Malone, has stated that the vaccine does nothing to benefit herd immunity. On the flipside, natural immunity has been shown to have not only lasting coverage (unlinke a few months) but also tends to be more effective versus variants.

In terms of selfish behavior, running out and vaccinating kids and people at extremely low risk with a vaccine that was in human trials for a few months (versus the normal 7 to 10 years to test for autoimmune issues, etc) is simply shifting the risk and totally irresponsible. Kids have a 3x greater chance of being killed by a lightening strike than having any issues with COVID. And the vaccine risk for kids is real - Risk for kids based on latest CDC data.

There's a different between science and health bureaucrats pushing an agenda. Running around stating things are "safe and effective" carte blanche when they are clearly still learning about the vaccine's impact short-medium-long term and there is noone to turn to legally if things go south is downright criminal. There's a reason the majority is passing and it has nothing to do with Trump or that level of politics. It has to due with unknowns, due diligence and protecting yourself from harm.
What’s the agenda? Doing their jobs and trying to save lives? Remember it was trump who brought us this vaccine thru operation warp speed. Is he a part of this agenda? It has everything to do with that level of politics. To say otherwise is disingenuous. Take Ron Desantos from Florida who is publicly fighting efforts to help advertise the vaccine and behind closed doors is asking how they can get more people vaccinated. Then trump who recently stated that people don’t trust the vaccine because of the election results. I can’t to begin to explain how incredibly stupid and political that comment is. It’s all completely nonsensical and it’s bs.

What are the short-long term effects of having Covid? We don’t know the answer to these questions either. What is the cost economically if we do not get it under control?

The bottom line is that the more people who are vaccinated the better. Period. This is for any disease. The technology and methodology for this vaccine has been worked on for years and years. It’s not really new and untested. The only thing new is the protein they are creating to allow your immune system to know how to fight the disease if infected.

What are the future side effects of having Covid? It can be very damaging to the lungs and there are cases of long hall infections. The future side effect is not getting extremely sick from Covid. This type of vaccine has been worked on for years and years. It didn’t just happen over night. The technology and methodology has been decades in the making. It’s not really new and unproven.

What’s the agenda? Doing their jobs and trying to save lives? Remember it was trump who brought us this vaccine thru operation warp speed. Is he a part of this agenda? It has everything to do with that level of politics. To say otherwise is disingenuous. Take Ron Desantos from Florida who is publicly fighting efforts to help advertise the vaccine and behind closed doors is asking how they can get more people vaccinated. Then trump who recently stated that people don’t trust the vaccine because of the election results. I can’t to begin to explain how incredibly stupid and political that comment is. It’s all completely nonsensical and it’s bs.

What are the short-long term effects of having Covid? We don’t know the answer to these questions either. What is the cost economically if we do not get it under control?

The bottom line is that the more people who are vaccinated the better. Period. This is for any disease. The technology and methodology for this vaccine has been worked on for years and years. It’s not really new and untested. The only thing new is the protein they are creating to allow your immune system to know how to fight the disease if infected.

Have no idea where you are going with this. Do you believe every drug operates the same way w/ the same risks? A big part of the problem with this vaccine is that the tech is new brand and they didn't perform the human trials anywhere close to what is required for a "safe and effective" stamp. Not to mention, many drugs (including vaccines) have been pulled YEARS after they've been on the market and deemed "safe and effective" as autoimmune and other serious issues presented.

When you have the actual inventor expressing significant concerns --- when you have the former CEO of Pfizer expressing significant concerns -- and many others outside of the financial windfall loop expressing concerns --- it might be worth considering.

Life is full of risks - It's your burden to navigate. Big Pharm absolutely knew there was going to be collateral damage - this is why they were asking/granted FULL INDEMINITY in this country and seized assets in others to cover liability. They just had no idea what the scope would be because the trials were cut for emergency status release.

Alex is a guy they would love to silence. Their dilemma is that he's only presenting facts:

Last edited:
Have no idea where you are going with this. Do you believe every drug operates the same way w/ the same risks? A big part of the problem with this vaccine is that the tech is new brand and they didn't perform the human trials anywhere close to what is required for a "safe and effective" stamp. Not to mention, many drugs (including vaccines) have been pulled YEARS after they've been on the market and deemed "safe and effective" as autoimmune and other serious issues presented.

When you have the actual inventor expressing significant concerns --- when you have the former CEO of Pfizer expressing significant concerns -- and many others outside of the financial windfall loop expressing concerns --- it might be worth considering.

Life is full of risks - It's your burden to navigate. Big Pharm absolutely knew there was going to be collateral damage - this is why they were asking/granted FULL INDEMINITY in this country and seized assets in others to cover liability. They just had no idea what the scope would be because the trials were cut for emergency status release.

Alex is a guy they would love to silence. Their dilemma is that he's only presenting facts:

That was easy to find. Took me 2 seconds to see thru that bs. Be careful of Tucker Carlson guests. His show lowers your IQ by 20 points automatically with all of the misinformation and lies on the daily. Guy should be removed from tv. He’s a national security threat.

Sorry Doc. I thought you were one of those stating that you believed the vaccine was definitively "safe and effective" when it was released. That was an unknown which continues to play out....and there's nothing definitive whatsoever even at this point in time.
Well, at this point I do believe the vaccine to be safe and effective. I would not term it to be 100% safe or 100% effective, but then no medication can live up to that standard. In medicine, its generally satisfactory to provide evidence that the benefits outweigh the risks. And so far, that seems to be the case. Things could change as time goes on, and new recommendations may be required. I think this whole COVID pandemic is fascinating, personally.

Good luck with any vaccine. Specially this one. Build your immune system up boys and study real health and no virus or disease will ever be a threat to you. Ain't no one in the medical or pharma industry putting anything in me. Period. I have an ass beat down or bullet for anyone who tries to make me so. Dont drink the kool-aid.
You skipped out on the polio vaccine as well I assume.

Well, at this point I do believe the vaccine to be safe and effective. I would not term it to be 100% safe or 100% effective, but then no medication can live up to that standard. In medicine, its generally satisfactory to provide evidence that the benefits outweigh the risks. And so far, that seems to be the case. Things could change as time goes on, and new recommendations may be required. I think this whole COVID pandemic is fascinating, personally.

It is fascinating. I believe that most America's who haven't been vaccinated - which they are terming as they "unvaccinated" {versus maybe healthy?} are waiting this out because there's too little info to assign risk to the vaccine. It's based mostly on "we hope it's safe and effective." That just doesn't cut it - especially if you risk of COVID complications is low. And that's MOST of the world. 997 out of 1000 people don't have any significant issues COVID.

The lockups and media blitz had everyone thinking the virus was chasing them. You can simply look at the SC stats and realize that's not the case. It can be problematic for the elderly and morbidly obese (diabetics). Cases outside of this group are very rare and Big Pharm, the CDC, the WHO, the media and everyone else in the medical community who are bathing in trillions (it's bigger than opioid revenue and could go on for decades) can rest easy because there's no liability to be dispersed on them...ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carolina Doc

Let me tell you what I am seeing right now in my family. My brother in law is much like you. Very against the vaccine and at first thought this was fake and a conspiracy. My sister is a nurse who had to get vaccinated for work. He tested positive last week. My mom who came out to visit is here and she is vaccinated. She is staying there with them. I went over there the day before he took the test. I am also vaccinated. He was not feeling well that night. Got tested the next day and he has Covid. He is very sick. Not hospital bound yet but it’s not going away. His son now has it. He’s 12. He bounced back pretty quickly so far. Neither me, my mom or my sister have any symptoms yet.

You really seem like a thoughtful and intelligent person. My goal is not to demean you in anyway. We all receive information from a variety of sources. I can tell you that my brother in law was diagnosed last week. He did not get vaccinated. My sister was vaccinated because she works at a critical care unit at the hospital. My wife is also a nurse here in Las Vegas and is vaccinated. I am also vaccinated. My mom who arrived last week from Greenville is also vaccinated. We have all been around him for prolonged periods before and after his diagnosis. We are not sick. His son was just tested and is now sick but doing quite well. A fever but not much else. My mom just told me he’s eating and is running around again. My brother in law is still very sick. Not hospital bound right now but it’s kicking his ass. He regrets not getting vaccinated. I tried to tell him. The benefits out weigh the risks in terms of this vaccine.

I absolutely loathe the politics in this country. You have one side who wants to control every word you speak and gets insulted at the drop of a hat then tries to destroy people’s lives for something they did 30 years ago. Then on the other side you have conspiracy chasers that just don’t stop. Everything is out to get you one way or the other. It’s exhausting.

Do you also believe the "fact checker" websites? That's literally placing "Fact Checker" in the title tag code and then layering in their opinion.

Alex has been a target of the Biden Admin and Big Pharm for months now - yet he's still right there. And if you care for him, you might check out the inventor of nMRA or other top level scientists at MIT, Harvard, Stanford, JH, etc. who have outlined similar concerns.

Last edited:

Where to begin with the disinformation…

Let me tell you what I am seeing right now in my family. My brother in law is much like you. Very against the vaccine and at first thought this was fake and a conspiracy. My sister is a nurse who had to get vaccinated for work. He tested positive last week. My mom who came out to visit is here and she is vaccinated. She is staying there with them. I went over there the day before he took the test. I am also vaccinated. He was not feeling well that night. Got tested the next day and he has Covid. He is very sick. Not hospital bound yet but it’s not going away. His son now has it. He’s 12. He bounced back pretty quickly so far. Neither me, my mom or my sister have any symptoms yet.

You really seem like a thoughtful and intelligent person. My goal is not to demean you in anyway. We all receive information from a variety of sources. I can tell you that my brother in law was diagnosed last week. He did not get vaccinated. My sister was vaccinated because she works at a critical care unit at the hospital. My wife is also a nurse here in Las Vegas and is vaccinated. I am also vaccinated. My mom who arrived last week from Greenville is also vaccinated. We have all been around him for prolonged periods before and after his diagnosis. We are not sick. His son was just tested and is now sick but doing quite well. A fever but not much else. My mom just told me he’s eating and is running around again. My brother in law is still very sick. Not hospital bound right now but it’s kicking his ass. He regrets not getting vaccinated. I tried to tell him. The benefits out weigh the risks in terms of this vaccine.

I absolutely loathe the politics in this country. You have one side who wants to control every word you speak and gets insulted at the drop of a hat then tries to destroy people’s lives for something they did 30 years ago. Then on the other side you have conspiracy chasers that just don’t stop. Everything is out to get you one way or the other. It’s exhausting.

I appreciate the kind words and hope everything turns out well with your family. I also share your disdain with politics. I think it's easy for the people in the massive money loop to make people look like conspiracy theorists. The problem now is they are targeting children and people who have virtually no risk of COVID.

Here's what I do know...Over 99% of the people who are currently in hospital or have died from Covid have one thing in common...They weren't vaccinated. The long term effects of Covid scare me more then the long term effects of the Vaccine, and I have had both. Unfortunately with more people like you who want take the vaccine we will be dealing with this for some time to come.

Reactions: RoosterBooster1
In all fairness though, that one wasn't genetically engineered in a lab. I wouldn't be surprised if China isn't creating and releasing variants at this point, after seeing the train wreck here in the US over the original virus. It got them the President and the economic results they wanted.
I didn’t realize that covid was engineered and released to effect the USA elections and economy. I guess the rest of the world, including China, were just collateral damage? Wonder why they released it in their own country first if it was planned, probably just stupid on their part. They screwed up and gave the USA a 3-4 month window to prepare. And having failed to prepare early on, the USA had a leader with the delayed foresight to develop operation warp speed. Even though he did get covid unfortunately….he still got his family and himself vaccinated In quick order. He wanted to tell all his followers to do the same, but you know how that goes, politics and all.

Last edited:
Here's what I do know...Over 99% of the people who are currently in hospital or have died from Covid have one thing in common...They weren't vaccinated. The long term effects of Covid scare me more then the long term effects of the Vaccine, and I have had both. Unfortunately with more people like you who want take the vaccine we will be dealing with this for some time to come.

And....How do you know that? Can you offer anything to support that assertion other than the message that's being pushed?

According to the inventor, the vaccine does nothing for herd immunity. Nothing.

I didn’t realize that covid was engineered and released to effect the USA elections and economy. I guess the rest of the world, including China were just collateral damage?

If that turns out to be the case and we have no idea yet, China has plenty of reason to want to thin their population. Remember the one child policy they had to abandon in 2015? People were throwing babies into the ocean to prevent the government from learning they had more than one. Horrific stuff.

Overpopulation is believed to be the biggest threat to Earth - not global warming and all of this other noise. Gates and other billionaires are on record (video) stating this. This is also the catalyst for Musk and Mars.

Reactions: TAV31
If that turns out to be the case and we have no idea yet, China has plenty of reason to want to thin their population. Remember the one child policy they had to abandon in 2015? People were throwing babies into the ocean to prevent the government from learning they had more than one. Horrific stuff.

Overpopulation is believed to be the biggest threat to Earth - not global warming and all of this other noise. Gates and other billionaires are on record (video) stating this. This is also the catalyst for Musk and Mars.
And now we have officially entered the twilight zone.

Reactions: psmith5532
Let's get rid of all vaccines and return to the Dark Ages. That's really the way Darwin intended it right?? That way the strong survive and most on here are very confident of their strength in that regard. At least it would solve the Social Security problem. And yes I am a staunch conservative.

Reactions: RoosterBooster1
And....How do you know that? Can you offer anything to support that assertion other than the message that's being pushed?

They are stats taking from the Hospital systems in the southeast. And it's inventors...not inventor. There are 2 people originally who have been working on this vaccine for over 20 years. You should do some research mRNA technology. You might learn something.

Let's get rid of all vaccines and return to the Dark Ages. That's really the way Darwin intended it right?? That way the strong survive and most on here are very confident of their strength in that regard. At least it would solve the Social Security problem. And yes I am a staunch conservative.

:) The idea that science is smarter than nature is ridiculous. Most all scientists are totally infatuated with the brilliance of viruses and nature itself.

They grinded forever trying to put together an HIV vaccine but never got the pot-of-gold rush order and waived legal liability to unleash their experiment on the public at large.

They are stats taking from the Hospital systems in the southeast. And it's inventors...not inventor. There are 2 people originally who have been working on this vaccine for over 20 years. You should do some research mRNA technology. You might learn something.

Enlighten me and send that reference please.

:) The idea that science is smarter than nature is ridiculous. Most all scientists are totally infatuated with the brilliance of viruses and nature itself.

They grinded forever trying to put together an HIV vaccine but never got the pot-of-gold rush order and waived legal liability to unleash their experiment on the public at large.
So no diseases have ever been eradicated by vaccination? They all randomly disappeared? I agree nature may be smarter but diseases in the past used to wipe out millions of people at a time. Nature doesn't always react fast enough. In my dad's high school class of roughly 100, 8 kids died of polio. How many die today?? Maybe we would have gotten to the same place without the vaccine but at the cost of how many lives??

So no diseases have ever been eradicated by vaccination? They all randomly disappeared? I agree nature may be smarter but diseases in the past used to wipe out millions of people at a time. Nature doesn't always react fast enough. In my dad's high school class of roughly 100, 8 kids died of polio. How many die today?? Maybe we would have gotten to the same place without the vaccine but at the cost of how many lives??

There's so much to be said there. Look into the timing of vaccine releases throughout history.

And you're still missing the point ~ you're hopeful the COVID vaccine is like the polio vaccine. They share absolutely nothing in common.

Again, I guess science never came up with answers to many things like polio. I suppose the benefit of medical research which today has been able to treat or cure many diseases and conditions is not of much value. Perhaps it would be better for us to return to the dark ages and try the old strategies such as blood letting.

Again, I guess science never came up with answers to many things like polio. I suppose the benefit of medical research which today has been able to treat or cure many diseases and conditions is not of much value. Perhaps it would be better for us to return to the dark ages and try the old strategies such as blood letting.

Blood letting was crude, but the idea is spot on. Silicon Valley execs now pay thousands per week to receive the blood of 20 year olds.

All medical R&D is not the same. This is the issue. The medications are all unique and need to be tested for years in HUMAN TRIALs.

Just look at all of the diseases that have risen sharply in the last decade alone. They have no answers and many of these issues with other drugs are being filed under these diseases.

Modern medicine hasn't even figured out how to stop grey hair. That seems like a fundamental aspect of aging and disease. That's something they've been working on for 100 years. The revenue stream would be incredible.

That's about what I thought.
Either you want to learn about it or you don't. I suppose you can watch Fox or Newsmax or even CNN and take their word for it or do a little research and see what's really going on. I don't rely on one source for my information. It helps to go straight to the companies and research all this and read up about it. Of course I've learned many months ago that the Trump supporters and anti-vaxers don't care about the facts. But that's cool...you do you. No one is going to make you guys take any vaccine, so we will all have to deal with the consequences. I guess we will have to deal with another interrupted football season...Thanks

Either you want to learn about it or you don't. I suppose you can watch Fox or Newsmax or even CNN and take their word for it or do a little research and see what's really going on. I don't rely on one source for my information. It helps to go straight to the companies and research all this and read up about it. Of course I've learned many months ago that the Trump supporters and anti-vaxers don't care about the facts. But that's cool...you do you. No one is going to make you guys take any vaccine, so we will all have to deal with the consequences. I guess we will have to deal with another interrupted football season...Thanks

Yet you offer nothing in terms of data to support your assertions.

The Trump default is lazy as well. Trump is not the topic.

Blood letting was crude, but the idea is spot on. Silicon Valley execs now pay thousands per week to receive the blood of 20 year olds.

All medical R&D is not the same. This is the issue. The medications are all unique and need to be tested for years in HUMAN TRIALs.

Just look at all of the diseases that have risen sharply in the last decade alone. They have no answers and many of these issues with other drugs are being filed under these diseases.

Modern medicine hasn't even figured out how to stop grey hair. That seems like a fundamental aspect of aging and disease. That's something they've been working on for 100 years. The revenue stream would be incredible.
It appears modern medicine has little value to you, which is fine. One day you may have a need for it, perhaps not. The interesting question is if you did need it for a life threatening condition one day, how you would respond. I take it you would probably take a pass.

Again, almost everyone being hospitalized are unvaccinated.

And the variants are able to develop because of the unvaccinated.

The NCAA tested vaccinated NC State players because the unvaccinated players tested positive. 4 vaccinated players tested positive. This will happen often this season, and they won't be rescheduling games. There is a way to prevent the testing from my understanding and that is.. to get the vaccine.

And again, deaths from the vaccine and after the vaccine are very different.

so how do you know the vaccinated players who got it didn’t give it to the unvaccinated players first? Everyone makes the assumption the unvaccinated gave it to the vaccinated. Bottom line, the vaccine didn’t work for those four so they may have passed it on first…….

But I agree that getting the vaccine is showing it reduces severity so I got it.

It appears modern medicine has little value to you, which is fine. One day you may have a need for it, perhaps not. The interesting question is if you did need it for a life threatening condition one day, how you would respond. I take it you would probably take a pass.

Not at all. I would do a risk analysis of my options and hope there's a drug that's been on the market for awhile with a good safety profile. Simple stuff.

But with that said, yes I try to avoid taking medications in general. It's a good practice to have.

Not at all. I would do a risk analysis of my options and hope there's a drug that's been on the market for awhile with a good safety profile. Simple stuff.
So in the case of the work done on HIV therapy, which you disparaged above, had you protracted that disease from a blood transfusion or some such manner, I suspect you would have jumped on board in spite of their “failed attempts “ at progress (a complete cure) and actually, you know, taken the medicine like Majic Johnson….who is still alive today after contracting the virus almost 30 years later?

I realize you have conviction in what you say, and really believe it is all true. I do not doubt that in the least, so know I am not accusing you of trying to intentionally mislead. There are many many thousands of internet learned “doctors” these days, and internet self learned “experts” on many disciplines once reserved for those that actually went to University for their Masters and Doctorates in their fields of study. Today, many folks are self described experts without the actual degrees and all the long years of work required to obtain that level of expertise. These folks spend a disproportionate amount of time disparaging those who are formally trained and that is to be expected, but know full well that if any of you are about to go in for a medical operation, safe to assume you will require your doctor to actually have gone through med school.

Last edited:
So in the case of the work done on HIV therapy, which you disparaged above, had you protracted that disease from a blood transfusion or some such manner, I suspect you would have jumped on board with their failed attempts at progress, and actually, you know, taken the medicine like Majic Johnson….who is still alive today after contracting the virus almost 30 years later?

No - I think you've missing some of my comments. It's a risk evaluation based on scenarios and drugs available.

If I was dying of HIV, I would have tried the drug cocktail.

If I was 300lbs (insulin resistance) or over 70 years of age or had acute respiratory issues, I would consider the options available for COVID.

But with that said, the natural immunity studies look far better than meds and you don't have to guess about risk. And that comes with a contribution to herd immunity and broader spectrum coverage.

Your immune system wants to be challenged to strengthen if you are in decent shape. It's called hormesis and it's how we evolved and adapted.

At the risk of hijacking an already hijcaked thread, What Social Security problem? They system I have paid into with every paycheck foreably? The one that politicians have raided multiple times? The one the current administration wants to extend to illegals who have paid nothing into the system. Please enlighten me.

This is a question that I'm interested in following. I'm not sure that population infection and natural immunity will result in herd immunity, either. Like colds and the flu. Right now, my theory is that there will be reinfection, more in the unvaccinated, but with the vaccinated also. I'm thinking the immunity may wane over time. Although, the humoral antibody response seems pretty strong currently, among the elderly nursing home residents who were vaccinated and then reinfected. Its at least a plus that their illness seems to be significantly milder.

Reactions: PaleoCock
Nobody has put forth paying SSN benefits to anyone, aliens or otherwise, who has not legally put into the system from working wages or who is not already qualified such as a homemaker spouse of a legal paying worker, or who is already entitled to benefits for disability (citizens only), or child benefits from a deceased legal worker qualified for the benefits themself prior to death. There is much disinformation on SSN benefits.

The SSN system , for anyone interested, will need some work to not go into the red by 2034. The cause is almost 100% due to fewer workers today paying into a system for more retired persons. People are living longer, and they have been having fewer children (read workers) for some time now. Gone are the days where there were 5 workers to support every retiree. And yes, there will have to be some resolution to this issue before 2034, the sooner the better for obvious reasons. At some point, the politicians will have to make hard choices, whether to delay benefits to older ages (62 is the current age of earliest entitlement), reduce the benefits, increase SSN taxes on employers and employees or some combination of above strategies.

As I am sure most of you already know, the amount of your SSN benefit is based upon your wages (how much you paid into the system) and the age in which you elect to start receiving your benefits. If anyone is interested in knowing where the current thoughts are on changing benefit structures, anyone born after 1964 is squarely in the target zone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT