ADVERTISEMENT

60% of NFL teams could have beaten KC last evening

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
Their offensive line (riddled with injuries) was awful.

I can only wonder how Brady would have done as the KC qb.

I don’t think their injuries played as big a part as people think. Back in week 12 the Bucs dominated them in the second half of that game and that same domination was evident last night.

Any NFL line should easily be able to handle a 4 man rush. Yeah they had to shuffle some guys around but they all had experience in the league for years, none of them were rookies. You’re expected to perform at this level, blocking a 4 man rush is the simplest of simple. TB blitzed only 5 times. KC just ran into a team that was just more physical than they were on both lines.

Mahomes was gimpy to boot. He had a bum toe that he hurt a couple/few games back. He's supposedly scheduled to have surgery on it now that the season is done.

Not saying that KC would have won, but the OL and Mahomes' health were factors.

Mahomes was gimpy to boot. He had a bum toe that he hurt a couple/few games back. He's supposedly scheduled to have surgery on it now that the season is done.

Not saying that KC would have won, but the OL and Mahomes' health were factors.
Antonio Brown had been out with a knee injury and was even listed as questionable the day of the game. He ended up catching a touchdown pass. Their OL was reshuffled but they were all experienced guys, none were rookies.

The Tampa defensive line was ruthless last night! They were like sharks when they smell blood in the water. Then, it seemed, every time they sacked or got close to sacking Mahomes, they got more energized. Physicality wins ball games!

Not sure it was the prime factor but Ried's kid's incident had to be a distraction. That said, Brady is the GOAT, let me go clean out my mouth!

Sometimes great teams have a bad game. Sometimes good teams have a great game. It's really important to be great in the big games and some teams (and players) are just better at that than others.

Maholmes was as much to blame as anyone. Yes he was pressured constantly but running 25 to 30 yards backwards is truly backyard football ball and the better defenses will feast on that

Reactions: GCDC1959
Maholmes was as much to blame as anyone. Yes he was pressured constantly but running 25 to 30 yards backwards is truly backyard football ball and the better defenses will feast on that

True in Mahomes but TB was coming through like full raid with Four DLs. Linemen might have been out but backup linemen needed to man up. Mahomes was making it up as he goes at some point.

And 60% of all musicians/singers could have put on a better halftime show. How fast did you turn the channel?

Well apparently they made it to the Super bowl with that line. You dont like Tom Brady, so the easy thing to do is go with the "anybody could have beaten them" excuse.

Brady's stats and career speak for themselves. I simply wonder how Brady might have done if he had been under the same pressure as the KC qb. Brady was almost not touched...a very clean uniform.

Brady's stats and career speak for themselves. I simply wonder how Brady might have done if he had been under the same pressure as the KC qb. Brady was almost not touched...a very clean uniform.

You can play those "what if" games all day long. Face it, Brady quarterbacked the winning team for his 7th Championship. Nothing else matters. "Just win Baby!"

Reactions: jerryusc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT