ADVERTISEMENT

A tweet from dawn Staley about what #4 committ said to her

If these 4 are all 5-star talents, and no one departs our program before their eligibility is used up, then the 2021-22 season, we'll have a team with TWELVE (12) 5-star rated players on it:

Henderson (Sr.)
Saxton (Sr.)
Littleton (Sr.)
Boston (Jr.)
Cooke (Jr.)
Beal (Jr.)
Amihere (Jr.)
Russell (So.)
Commit #1 (Fr.)
Commit #2 (Fr.)
Commit #3 (Fr.)
Commit #4 (Fr.)

That's crazy. Don't know of ANY program in WCBB that has ever had that....

If Coach Frank Martin is going to improve SC basketball from where it is today, then he must start successfully recruiting the elite, in state basketball players. Doesn't have to the the 5* players, but he should be getting his share of the 4* players. There is still hope, but he must do that.

she’s also proof that talent is the most consistent piece to success.
That's not exactly true, hoarding talent doesn't mean much if you don't know how to use it. Texas WBB has had some of the best recruiting in all of basketball and yet they were hardly an elite program. I think Dawn's roster management and development of players is almost as good as the talent she receives.

Where is a list of our 4 signees? Thanks in advance!
No one knows them yet. We have to wait for players to tell us. Dawn is not allowed to comment until they are signed. We have good ideas as who they are but don’t know for sure.

Reactions: Gamekem
If Coach Frank Martin is going to improve SC basketball from where it is today, then he must start successfully recruiting the elite, in state basketball players. Doesn't have to the the 5* players, but he should be getting his share of the 4* players. There is still hope, but he must do that.
not gonna happen. Maybe our next mbb coach will recruit with championship ambitions.

Reactions: 92Pony
If these 4 are all 5-star talents, and no one departs our program before their eligibility is used up, then the 2021-22 season, we'll have a team with TWELVE (12) 5-star rated players on it:

Henderson (Sr.)
Saxton (Sr.)
Littleton (Sr.)
Boston (Jr.)
Cooke (Jr.)
Beal (Jr.)
Amihere (Jr.)
Russell (So.)
Commit #1 (Fr.)
Commit #2 (Fr.)
Commit #3 (Fr.)
Commit #4 (Fr.)

That's crazy. Don't know of ANY program in WCBB that has ever had that....
Of the known prospects left on our board, all are 5 star except one!

4 are certain McDonald's All Americans! Subtract the one I think is a uconn lock and that's 3 McDonald's All Americans. Those 3 I strongly believe are committed to USC!

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecockblack
you're wasting your time responding to him. He always enters wbb threads to pooh pooh wbb. Yet he never gets the irony nor any wiser.
No, I poo-poo on basketball period as I can't stand it, but women's basketball is even more boring. Beyond a handful of SC fans who have nothing in other legitimate sports to care about, none of the rest really cares either. How's that for irony?

Of the known prospects left on our board, all are 5 star except one!

4 are certain McDonald's All Americans! Subtract the one I think is a uconn lock and that's 3 McDonald's All Americans. Those 3 I strongly believe are committed to USC!
Yes that appears to be true unless 1 is a possible grad transfer.

No, I poo-poo on basketball period as I can't stand it, but women's basketball is even more boring. Beyond a handful of SC fans who have nothing in other legitimate sports to care about, none of the rest really cares either. How's that for irony?
Dude, F you. & I mean that sincerely. Who takes the time to bash a sport just because you don't care for it? Those of us who do care don't give a damn about your opinion.

That’s a crock. The women actually play a better style that is more fun to watch than run and gun showboat style. If you don’t like basketball that’s fine but if you know anything about it, a lot of the women play the way it was created to be played, not ball hog playground style which is WAY more boring

you're wasting your time responding to him. He always enters wbb threads to pooh pooh wbb. Yet he never gets the irony nor any wiser.

If he pooh poohs wbb, it must be he never takes time to watch it. My wife and I watch almost all the WBB games, and almost all the MBB games. I enjoy them both pretty much equally. Above all, I like good competitive games.

That’s a crock. The women actually play a better style that is more fun to watch than run and gun showboat style. If you don’t like basketball that’s fine but if you know anything about it, a lot of the women play the way it was created to be played, not ball hog playground style which is WAY more boring

That five pass fast break where the ball barely touched the floor? Not boring at all.

If he Can't Dance Next Year, no Hope will Appear.

Reactions: lawcalcock
It's wonderful that you hate basketball. I am so happy for you. My only suggestion is do it quietly and keep it to yourself. Sheesh.

Dude, F you. & I mean that sincerely. Who takes the time to bash a sport just because you don't care for it? Those of us who do care don't give a damn about your opinion.
And you sir can kiss my arse upside down. If you read my original post, it says "Sigh. Women's basketball is all we got," meaning that it made me sad that we suck so bad in football that some of the fans have had to settle bragging about women's basketball. It was a stated opinion and last I checked, I am allowed to have one. You may love WBB, and you have every right but you are not being honest if you think that most college football fans give a flying poop about WBB.

I imagine you don’t invited back to many parties.

We are all having a great party here with USC WBB. I understand if you don’t like it, but why come to our party and piss in the punch bowl? Please go find a party you like and enjoy yourself there. Or stay and enjoy the party here, but no need to insult the happy guests

I imagine you don’t invited back to many parties.

We are all having a great party here with USC WBB. I understand if you don’t like it, but why come to our party and piss in the punch bowl? Please go find a party you like and enjoy yourself there. Or stay and enjoy the party here, but no need to insult the happy guests
Get off my lawn!
SmokinSmile

And you sir can kiss my arse upside down. If you read my original post, it says "Sigh. Women's basketball is all we got," meaning that it made me sad that we suck so bad in football that some of the fans have had to settle bragging about women's basketball. It was a stated opinion and last I checked, I am allowed to have one. You may love WBB, and you have every right but you are not being honest if you think that most college football fans give a flying poop about WBB.

Dude, don’t speak for me. I love college football and I love the lady G’s. They are great ambassadors for the University!!

If you “don’t give a poop” then why even open the post to read or think that you have something to contribute to the topic? Let those of us that do care enjoy the Gamecock comradery without your nonsense.

Back to OP...
I too hope that it’s Feagin. I like her size and tenacity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT