ADVERTISEMENT

An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate

The moral of this story whether you are a Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, or just don't care: Listen to your doctors please. Trump does not want to do that and it's a mistake. None of us want to see daily death tolls like Italy is experiencing right now, yet Trump is more focused in getting everybody working right away as opposed to keeping people safe. The economy is important, but now is not the time. Some may laud Trump as a businessman. However, this problem needs a human side that Trump just does not have. He needs to stop having these daily press conferences because he is making the situation worse. It was telling yesterday that all of the medical professionals were not present at yesterday's conference.

Ventilators and respirators are confused all the time? By who? Morons?

just amusing to see a Dr on Fox (one who 3 weeks ago said this was just the flu) touching his face on tv while telling people not to touch their face. Just an observation.

Yes, Dan Patrick did say that.
“As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that America loves for its children and grandchildren?’ And if that is the exchange, I’m all in,” Patrick told Carlson. Those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” he said.

That was stupid. Many people 70+, like my mom, can’t take care of herself to any great extent anymore. So it was a really stupid suggestion.

Ill quote Ainsley from this morning AINSLEY: What if these drugs work, then can we wipe this out? And could we wipe it out BEFORE the 15 days? Or the week after?

reality- NO ONE in the medical community has suggested we will wipe this out in 2-3 weeks. That was a really dumb to even mention such a timeline. But Ainsley routinely says really dumb things.

I’ve known a lot of old school Respiratory Therapists who called ventilators respirators. How do I know those old school RT’s? From working ICU for 25 years. If you don’t have the experience, it’s not wise to call someone with experience a moron.

I’m not even sure Dr Siegel actually touched his face while gesturing, but provided he did, so what? He’s not riding a subway, he’s not in a grocery store. Have you ever had someone watch you and count how many times you touch your face? You’d be shocked if you actually knew. Is it good practice not to touch your face? Certainly. Is it sensible to make fun of him? Absolutely not.

Regarding Dan Patrick, I’d suggest you read his whole commentary again. Not snippets, the whole thing. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Ainsley was asking questions, she wasn’t stating that it could be wiped out in the 2-3 week period that ideally would get a lot of people through a quarantine period.

Maybe you DO need help with reading comprehension.

Arizona man dies after ingesting substance touted by President Trump

https://ktar.com/story/3040369/arizona-man-dies-after-ingesting-substance-touted-by-president-trump/

PHOENIX – Hospital officials are warning against home remedies for COVID-19 after a metro Phoenix man died and his wife was hospitalized when they ingested a chemical touted by President Donald Trump as a possible coronavirus treatment.

During a press conference last week, and again Monday, Trump mentionedthat chloroquine, a drug long used to prevent malaria, had shown the potential to combat COVID-19.

The substance, also known as chloroquine phosphate, hasn’t gone through rigorous scientific testing as a coronavirus treatment.

Chloroquine and a similar drug, hydroxychloroquine, showed encouraging signs in small, early tests against the coronavirus. But the drugs have major side effects, one reason scientists don’t want to give them without evidence of their value, even in this emergency.

In a different form, chloroquine phosphate is sold as an additive to deal with infections and algae in fish tanks.

Dr. Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director, told KTAR News 92.3 FM the aquarium form and medical form are “the same chemical structure.”

The Valley couple, both in their 60s, were concerned about symptoms and reportedly saw information online suggesting aquarium products could be used to combat coronavirus.

“Which is absolutely wrong and unfortunately potentially dangerous,” Brooks said.
He added that it appears the couple ingested the equivalent of several days worth of the compound as it would have been prescribed as medicine.

They felt sick within 30 minutes, Brooks said. The man died shortly after arriving at an emergency room. The woman was resuscitated and is being cared for at a Phoenix Banner hospital.

“Before taking the product they had not been tested,” Brooks said.

Brooks said the only patients who should take any kind of prescription medication for COVID-19 are those diagnosed with the illness and requiring treatment in an intensive care unit.

Experts say anybody experiencing COVID-19 symptoms — which include cough, fever and shortness of breath — who are concerned they are infected should reach out to a health care professional for guidance. Brooks said to stick with state and local health departments as sources of information about coronavirus.

Already approved drugs are tempting for doctors to use off label, but formal studies are needed to see if they truly work for a new purpose or disease, said Dr. Ross McKinney Jr., chief scientific officer for the Association of American Medical Colleges, which represents about 400 major teaching hospitals across the country.

Chloroquine may look promising in a test tube, but “I’m skeptical it will be effective” in patients, he said last week in a call with reporters

Trump touted hydroxychloroquine and azathioprin together, not chloroquine phosphate

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
that I despise Trump is only part of the reason I post about his stupid antics. It’s also fun.

I’m all for proper medications being used when they are properly tested for COVID19 patients. If that’s next week or 3 months from now, that’s ok.

that a few folks said it helped them is fine, but it’s not proof, and it’s not good enough to go prescribing for thousands of people - yet.

There are significant side effects with that particular medication that makes it very dangerous with people for certain comorbidities. That’s why any mention of it on Fox News needs to also include warnings for the idiots out there that think they can take it themselves.

No one has died from taking the prescription drug. The people died from taking the drug in a different form, which is used to treat fish aquariums. The article you copied clearly states this.
You're posting misinformation while complaining about Fox spreading misinformation. Unbelievable.

Ventilators and respirators are confused all the time? By who? Morons?

just amusing to see a Dr on Fox (one who 3 weeks ago said this was just the flu) touching his face on tv while telling people not to touch their face. Just an observation.

Yes, Dan Patrick did say that.
“As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that America loves for its children and grandchildren?’ And if that is the exchange, I’m all in,” Patrick told Carlson. Those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” he said.

That was stupid. Many people 70+, like my mom, can’t take care of herself to any great extent anymore. So it was a really stupid suggestion.

Ill quote Ainsley from this morning AINSLEY: What if these drugs work, then can we wipe this out? And could we wipe it out BEFORE the 15 days? Or the week after?

reality- NO ONE in the medical community has suggested we will wipe this out in 2-3 weeks. That was a really dumb to even mention such a timeline. But Ainsley routinely says really dumb things.

All journalists as lists say dumb things when they go off script. Ever watch Rachel Maddow? Samantha Bee?

The moral of this story whether you are a Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, or just don't care: Listen to your doctors please. Trump does not want to do that and it's a mistake. None of us want to see daily death tolls like Italy is experiencing right now, yet Trump is more focused in getting everybody working right away as opposed to keeping people safe. The economy is important, but now is not the time. Some may laud Trump as a businessman. However, this problem needs a human side that Trump just does not have. He needs to stop having these daily press conferences because he is making the situation worse. It was telling yesterday that all of the medical professionals were not present at yesterday's conference.

Huh? This is another lie. Members of the coronavirus task force were present and spoke during the press conference yesterday and today.

Reactions: Expro19
I’ve known a lot of old school Respiratory Therapists who called ventilators respirators. How do I know those old school RT’s? From working ICU for 25 years. If you don’t have the experience, it’s not wise to call someone with experience a moron.

I’m not even sure Dr Siegel actually touched his face while gesturing, but provided he did, so what? He’s not riding a subway, he’s not in a grocery store. Have you ever had someone watch you and count how many times you touch your face? You’d be shocked if you actually knew. Is it good practice not to touch your face? Certainly. Is it sensible to make fun of him? Absolutely not.

Regarding Dan Patrick, I’d suggest you read his whole commentary again. Not snippets, the whole thing. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Ainsley was asking questions, she wasn’t stating that it could be wiped out in the 2-3 week period that ideally would get a lot of people through a quarantine period.

Maybe you DO need help with reading comprehension.

respirators and ventilators are two completely different things. I don’t care if you knew Einstein himself. Confusing the two is silly.

I not only read Lt Patrick’s comments. I watched the video.

Gov. Greg Abbott, though, when asked on Tuesday about Patrick’s and Trump’s comments that emphasized kick-starting the economy, said his decisions will remain predicated on the advice of Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner John Hellerstedt, a physician, and calls with governors and the White House.

“I will base my decision as governor of the state of Texas on what physicians say,” Abbott said, adding that health and safety should be a top priority. “If the goal is to get the economy going, the best thing we can do to get the economy going is to get COVID-19 behind us.”

Texas must bend the curve of COVID-19 growth. Then, “the economy will come roaring back,” he said.

Patrick drew backlash after an appearance on Fox News Monday, where he said the nation should go back to work, while suggesting that “grandparents" should sacrifice to keep the country out of economic turmoil.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...n-to-work-says-grandparents-should-sacrifice/

respirators and ventilators are two completely different things. I don’t care if you knew Einstein himself. Confusing the two is silly.

I not only read Lt Patrick’s comments. I watched the video.

Gov. Greg Abbott, though, when asked on Tuesday about Patrick’s and Trump’s comments that emphasized kick-starting the economy, said his decisions will remain predicated on the advice of Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner John Hellerstedt, a physician, and calls with governors and the White House.

“I will base my decision as governor of the state of Texas on what physicians say,” Abbott said, adding that health and safety should be a top priority. “If the goal is to get the economy going, the best thing we can do to get the economy going is to get COVID-19 behind us.”

Texas must bend the curve of COVID-19 growth. Then, “the economy will come roaring back,” he said.

Patrick drew backlash after an appearance on Fox News Monday, where he said the nation should go back to work, while suggesting that “grandparents" should sacrifice to keep the country out of economic turmoil.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...n-to-work-says-grandparents-should-sacrifice/

I know respirators and ventilators are two different things.

The RT’s I’ve worked with know they’re two different things.

Doesn’t change the fact that a lot of the older ones still called them respirators. And no, they’re not morons, as you call them.

You need to read Patricks comments, not the comments from the two Democrats in the story you linked. They’re completely different.

Ann Coulter jumps into the discussion with a chart- a chart that proves she can’t read charts

That's a lie. Dr Fauci said today that Trump had listened to everything he said and not overruled him on anything.

Pathetic that the news media picks out one death from a guy making a poor decision and tries to blame Trump for it. Even NBC - despicable, Maybe they are getting anxious about how well he is coming across compared to the fragile Biden., So how many of you would grab a cleaning agent around your house without checking with your doctor to make sure it was safe. Not many I bet. Most of the people I`ve seen clips of on CNN and MSNBC are so irrational, or calculatingly lying all the time. Trump, Pence and the others are doing a very good job imo. No way any country of our size could have been adequately prepared for something like this, .Biden called him a xenophobe when Trump restricted travel from China to the U.S. in January. No telling how many more carriers/sick people good ol` Joe would have let in.

https://ktar.com/story/3040369/arizona-man-dies-after-ingesting-substance-touted-by-president-trump/

PHOENIX – Hospital officials are warning against home remedies for COVID-19 after a metro Phoenix man died and his wife was hospitalized when they ingested a chemical touted by President Donald Trump as a possible coronavirus treatment.

During a press conference last week, and again Monday, Trump mentionedthat chloroquine, a drug long used to prevent malaria, had shown the potential to combat COVID-19.

The substance, also known as chloroquine phosphate, hasn’t gone through rigorous scientific testing as a coronavirus treatment.

Chloroquine and a similar drug, hydroxychloroquine, showed encouraging signs in small, early tests against the coronavirus. But the drugs have major side effects, one reason scientists don’t want to give them without evidence of their value, even in this emergency.

In a different form, chloroquine phosphate is sold as an additive to deal with infections and algae in fish tanks.

Dr. Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director, told KTAR News 92.3 FM the aquarium form and medical form are “the same chemical structure.”

The Valley couple, both in their 60s, were concerned about symptoms and reportedly saw information online suggesting aquarium products could be used to combat coronavirus.

“Which is absolutely wrong and unfortunately potentially dangerous,” Brooks said.
He added that it appears the couple ingested the equivalent of several days worth of the compound as it would have been prescribed as medicine.

They felt sick within 30 minutes, Brooks said. The man died shortly after arriving at an emergency room. The woman was resuscitated and is being cared for at a Phoenix Banner hospital.

Brooks said the only patients who should take any kind of prescription medication for COVID-19 are those diagnosed with the illness and requiring treatment in an intensive care unit.

Experts say anybody experiencing COVID-19 symptoms — which include cough, fever and shortness of breath — who are concerned they are infected should reach out to a health care professional for guidance. Brooks said to stick with state and local health departments as sources of information about coronavirus.

Already approved drugs are tempting for doctors to use off label, but formal studies are needed to see if they truly work for a new purpose or disease, said Dr. Ross McKinney Jr., chief scientific officer for the Association of American Medical Colleges, which represents about 400 major teaching hospitals across the country.

Chloroquine may look promising in a test tube, but “I’m skeptical it will be effective” in patients, he said last week in a call with reporters
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

They left out the part that he took aquarium cleaner. It wasn’t the drugs Trump was talking about. Stop listening to the lying liberal news Chanels. Now you’ve posted this and I’m sure have people believing this now.

We will go forward as a country and be forced as individuals to make tough decisions in an extremely variable environment. Work-don't work, go out-stay in, take fish parasite poison or don't. Well, the latter is not hard, but there is a certain portion of the population who won't be able to navigate these choices. More sad and disturbing stories are coming our way.

There is no known cure for dumba$$ery. We can only hope for one soon, unless we are denied that hope by the media.

Sir, with all due respect.....one should not despise any President, be it Obama, Bush, Clinton OR Trump. And, I know you didn't say it in that context. The media has portrayed this as a crisis and it "appears", at least so far they are correct. And even if they are wrong our nation is hurting in many ways …. in some aspects as bad as WW2. We ALL need to pray for our President period. We need to encourage and help each other. My wife and son found out, that by Friday their employment will be over, at least for the time being. So, let's be fair, honest and concerned for others. Yes, these folks made a bad judgement and they paid a horrible price. I believe in my heart, be it Obama or Trump, these two men are/were doing their best to get the country on the right track through their own paradigm. Again, let's pull together and get through this horrible storm. At my house we PRAY specifically for our/your President Trump and his staff for GOD's favor and help. I strongly recommend you and your family do the same!

You’re talking to a brick wall. Libs do not respect anyone who isn’t a die hard lib. When O’bama was elected, there were no conservatives calling for restaurants to refuse service to libs, there was no conservative who publicly stated they hoped someone assassinated O’bama. There were no conservatives who booed Michelle O’bama at public appearances as The First Lady. Yet, each of these things have happened to Trump, his wife “Our First Lady”, and his supporters. The party of peace is full of nothing but hate for anyone who opposes them! So save your breath my friend.

I have a screenshot from a physician I know, that states that hydro, the antibiotic,, and zinc show that they work in a lab. People are being saved by it. The hydro blocks an autoimmune reaction that fills the lungs with fluid. The antibiotics stave off infection in the fluid. The zinc keeps the CV19 from binding to cells. I'm not a DR, but what I read from him comes from hi up. I think they are waiting to have enough, before they turn this loose. I know for a fact it works.

Reactions: SportsFan482
that I despise Trump is only part of the reason I post about his stupid antics. It’s also fun.

I’m all for proper medications being used when they are properly tested for COVID19 patients. If that’s next week or 3 months from now, that’s ok.

that a few folks said it helped them is fine, but it’s not proof, and it’s not good enough to go prescribing for thousands of people - yet.

There are significant side effects with that particular medication that makes it very dangerous with people for certain comorbidities. That’s why any mention of it on Fox News needs to also include warnings for the idiots out there that think they can take it themselves.
I am sure you are a doctor and qualify to call anyone out. Enjoy socialized medicine if the Dems are elected, I'm sure you leftists will be just as happy as everyone was with the Obamacare lies.

I have always had an open mind. But, after what you have espoused in this thread, I am making you the first and only recipient of my ignore button. I have been around a long time and you are the first and only person that I simply cannot stomach. So long, and if by chance you get your wish and Idiot Biden is elected, I hope people here remember you and give you hell.

Reactions: Expro19
Sad story but

Trump nor anyone on Foxnews has said to go try this on your own and see if it works. They've simply stated they're hopeful it may be effective once testing is completed. This is just a tragic case of very bad decision making.
Trump has a cultish following and some of those followers hang on every one of his words. If he came on tv and said that rolling around in dog feces "might" help prevent the Corona virus, some of those people would be out in the yard right now rolling in it.

Trump has a cultish following and some of those followers hang on every one of his words. If he came on tv and said that rolling around in dog feces "might" help prevent the Corona virus, some of those people would be out in the yard right now rolling in it.
Many people that support the president also disagree with a number of his decisions.

I am sure you are a doctor and qualify to call anyone out. Enjoy socialized medicine if the Dems are elected, I'm sure you leftists will be just as happy as everyone was with the Obamacare lies.

uh, no.

Hydroxychloroquine can cause fatal heart arrhythmias in people with heart issues. Arrhythmia issues run in my family. I have one myself.

So yes, I play doctor a bit as I’ve had to learn the hard way what medicines, foods, and other substances can cause irregular heart beats. I’m just saying it’s not for everyone, even if it works (which I hope the studies show it does).

Many people that support the president also disagree with a number of his decisions.
I'm not saying they don't. I'm just saying there are some out there that hang on every word and believe everything he says.That group might be in the minority but they are out there.

Whom do you trust for #coronavirus info:

Democrats:

CDC 87%
Your governor 75%
National media 72%
Friends/family 72%
Religious leaders 44%
Trump 14%

Republicans:

Trump 90%
CDC 84%
Friends/family 81%
Religious leaders 71%
Your governor 65%
National media 13%

-CBS/YouGov

Reactions: funktavious
I'm not saying they don't. I'm just saying there are some out there that hang on every word and believe everything he says.That group might be in the minority but they are out there.
There are also people out there that believe everything Nancy says. There were people that believed the World was going to end in 2000. Some believed that Charles Manson was Jesus. We don't lump all these dummy's together.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT