ADVERTISEMENT

An innocent thread turns into a political one

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mainstream news media is no better than weird websites!
I'm going to cease the political comments on this board, but I will rage continually about what has become of my old profession. There is simply no mainstream media, left or right, you can believe.

None. They have editors and producers for a reason, and that is to weave a narrative to appeal to a certain niche market. Editors and producers use to fight for the facts; now they simply manage tone and appeal to their particular 18-49 year old market or some still profitable rabid base.

We are on our own.

To show you how biased the MSM is, Chuck Todd had Adam "Schifty" Schiff on Meet the Press this am. I doubt if there is a bigger liar in the country than that guy. I wouldn`t believe one word that comes out of his mouth. Don`t know why I even watch it - all they do is bash Trump for 60 minutes.

Reactions: andersoncountycock
I'm going to cease the political comments on this board, but I will rage continually about what has become of my old profession. There is simply no mainstream media, left or right, you can believe.

None. They have editors and producers for a reason, and that is to weave a narrative to appeal to a certain niche market. Editors and producers use to fight for the facts; now they simply manage tone and appeal to their particular 18-49 year old market or some still profitable rabid base.

We are on our own.
You have hit multiple nails on the head.

It was OK until the blantent criticism started. (Directed at the POTUS). I still think some are paid to do this.
Lol. Paid to post on fgf. Hahahaha

I'm on another board and one of the very few flaming liberals over there admitted a few years ago that he was paid to post liberal points of view. It's a board full of Carolina and Clemson fans.

The FACT that FGF is open to the general public pretty much proves that point.

Start paying attention to posters who have a very low posting count. That is a good indication.

You only have 270 posts here. Hmmm.
Awesome, you've found another way to further drive wedges. Only people with 1,000 + posts need apply. Freaking amazing...

I'm on another board and one of the very few flaming liberals over there admitted a few years ago that he was paid to post liberal points of view. It's a board full of Carolina and Clemson fans.
Can't imagine there would be much of an ROI on this.

To show you how biased the MSM is, Chuck Todd had Adam "Schifty" Schiff on Meet the Press this am. I doubt if there is a bigger liar in the country than that guy. I wouldn`t believe one word that comes out of his mouth. Don`t know why I even watch it - all they do is bash Trump for 60 minutes.
Schiff is a strange pos. However, he's far from the biggest liar in the country. That honor goes to this guy... "if you want a test, you can get a test".

Reactions: Rollerdude123

Devin Nunes is the equal to Schiff. Nunes keeps suing people in court because they said something bad about him on social media. He also keeps losing.

I’m on another board too and one of the most conservative guys there said he was paid to post things and stir things up.

This discussion reminds me of a documentary called "The Brainwashing of My Dad". Turn off talk radio and stop getting news from weird websites.

Great documentary. This was also my dad. The first time I ever told him about Rush Limbaugh back in the early 1990s, he listened and he wanted me to be careful because upon his first Listening, he thought Limbaugh was hateful, talented, but a propagandist who made some true comments but also skewed things terribly. There are plenty of propagandist n various sides, but Limbaugh had created a unique platform and had enough talent to create a big audience. Truth was not the goal. Making money was the goal and saying whatever was necessary to do it.

Fast forward about 3-4 years, and my dad had quickly become an avid listener and had become an angry, frustrated man at a time in his life when EVERYTHING was going his way- his grandchildren were born, he finally retired, he bought the car he had been dreaming of, he was able to buy an investment property, he finally had time to go on extended family Vacations. But he was getting angrier and angrier at the same time things were going great for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
If I'm reading this correctly, there are currently 340 members online. I assume that's all forums. I don't see this as being a "target", but thats jmo.

Could you tell him to give me that number? Because otherwise I am going to assume a stranger on the internet maybe lying

If I'm reading this correctly, there are currently 340 members online. I assume that's all forums. I don't see this as being a "target", but thats jmo.
No a free internet board on a college football site is a prime target for, uh. Saying liberal stuff?

I had no idea you could make cash by telling the truth about our pathological liar in chief. How do I sign up? I've been working for free, while supposedly others are getting paid. I'm going to invoice Mexico, maybe they"ll pay me, after all, they've saved a ton on that wall they were suppose to pay for.

No a free internet board on a college football site is a prime target for, uh. Saying liberal stuff?
Not to make this about the current president, but it's amazing that someone would see criticism of him and think, "This person MUST be getting paid to post this!" Good god.

Also, there seems to be many more "bots" in support of Trump on Twitter. Some of the stuff that trends late at night is bizarre. There is no other explanation.

Not to make this about the current president, but it's amazing that someone would see criticism of him and think, "This person MUST be getting paid to post this!" Good god.

Also, there seems to be many more "bots" in support of Trump on Twitter. Some of the stuff that trends late at night is bizarre. There is no other explanation.
It’s not night everywhere at the same time.

Oh yeah the bots on twitter are verifiable fact, but the deep state making their way on fgf to make casual liberal talking points, that’s amazing. I mean each post has a reach of dozens of people!

We know BOTS are obvious on twitter. They make thousands of Political posts 24 hours a day.

Even republicans have admitted to the existence of the Building in Moscow where the Russian government had this in operation.

Devin Nunes is the equal to Schiff. Nunes keeps suing people in court because they said something bad about him on social media. He also keeps losing.

His lawsuit against a fake cow will no doubt be a landmark case destined to go down into the annals of legal history.

Column: Devin Nunes sued a fake cow. And kept suing and suing and suing …

Republican U.S. Rep. Devin Nunes of Tulare has become lawsuit happy this year, filing against a peach farmer, Twitter, a fake cow and others who have criticized or made fun of him.
(Getty Images)
By Robin AbcarianColumnist
Oct. 20, 2019
3 AM

It’s been a big legal year for Republican U.S. Rep. Devin Nunes of Tulare, who once co-sponsored the “Discouraging Frivolous Lawsuits Act.”

He has sued:

¤ A stone fruit farmer in Dinuba, and two other people, for conspiring to damage his 2018 reelection by asking that Nunes not be allowed to call himself a “farmer” on the ballot.

¤ The research firm Fusion GPS and a Democratic group called Campaign for Accountability for attempting to interfere with his “investigation” (quote marks are mine) into ties between President Trump and Russia when he was chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

¤ Twitter and a couple of parody accounts, including @DevinCow, who has called Nunes “a treasonous cowpoke.” He is asking for $250 million to assuage his hurt feelings.

A "treasonous cowpoke" man that's gotta sting. No wonder he wants $250,000,000.

The cow maintains this lawsuit is udder-ly ridiculous.

Last edited:
I’ve come to realize all you have to do is add Antifa or Soros to anything and it all of a sudden becomes factual.

I know. It’s amazing how pitifully awful the trump justice dept is that they can’t find any of the overwhelmingly obvious evidence to indict Soros. RollLaugh

Reactions: scbirdhunter
I had no idea you could make cash by telling the truth about our pathological liar in chief. How do I sign up? I've been working for free, while supposedly others are getting paid. I'm going to invoice Mexico, maybe they"ll pay me, after all, they've saved a ton on that wall they were suppose to pay for.

This fella seems like a perfect example. Looking at his 149 posts, they are all the same. He's here for 1 reason only, and it's not Gamecock or sports related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT