ADVERTISEMENT

Another issue with the new logo.

cockgun

Aug 3, 2002
The university has a large journalism school and graduates many each year that go into marketing, PR and other similar fields. Many go with firms in South Carolina. I can't help but notice that the firm that created the new logo was based in Ohio, I believe. I wish the university had elected to at least go with a SC based firm such that they could have received the money and in addition, support our own graduating base. Some firm in this state could have done a very good job on this.

Last edited:
When I look at the square logo I see the MUSC logo every time. Maybe because I live in Charleston but that is first thing I thought of.

The best suggestion I saw was changing the university name to South Carolina University and the use SCU. With a total logo revamp this would have been just as easy.

When I look at the square logo I see the MUSC logo every time. Maybe because I live in Charleston but that is first thing I thought of.

The best suggestion I saw was changing the university name to South Carolina University and the use SCU. With a total logo revamp this would have been just as easy.

We will not change the name.....and don't have to. University of Oklahoma is well known as OU. We could be SCU and not change the actual name.
Not saying we should do that.....

Reactions: GACOCKNBOOM

And informally The SCU. It would be the ultimate in advantageous rebranding.

Here’s the deal. USC was founded way before the west coast USC was founded. In this case, you have to step up and own it. Which this crappy firm in Ohio (that created the steaming turd logo) doesn’t get.

“SCU” would ultimately be bastardized by those not named into South Clem U. Just say no...
I don't think so. Most people don't even know what state Clemson is in. And I have heard a bunch of people outside the south say that Clemson is in the SEC. People outside the SE are not on the same level of fanaticism as we are!

Reactions: king ward
The university has a large journalism school and graduates many each year that go into marketing, PR and other similar fields. Many go with firms in South Carolina. I can't help but notice that the firm that created the new logo was based in Ohio, I believe. I wish the university had elected to at least go with a SC based firm such that they could have received the money and in addition, support our own graduating base. Some firm in this state could have done a very good job on this.

That would require some perceived relationship between the University and the state it resides in. It has always been that many at the university would really rather be in another state. They think nothing worth while come from this state...everything that we need comes from outside of the state.

Here’s the deal. USC was founded way before the west coast USC was founded. In this case, you have to step up and own it. Which this crappy firm in Ohio (that created the steaming turd logo) doesn’t get.

What I love is the response in the news to make it sound like WE don’t get it.

WE have to understand that our school is competing with a national brand, WE want students out of state to identify with us, Blah Blah Blah.

What THEY don’t understand is the logo sucks. THEY aren’t from here so THEY don’t understand the pride of USC. THEY don’t understand we are tired of wasting money on a $45 logo.

What I love is the response in the news to make it sound like WE don’t get it.

WE have to understand that our school is competing with a national brand, WE want students out of state to identify with us, Blah Blah Blah.

What THEY don’t understand is the logo sucks. THEY aren’t from here so THEY don’t understand the pride of USC. THEY don’t understand we are tired of wasting money on a $45 logo.

BINGO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT