ADVERTISEMENT

Any Clowney haters today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WADR (I've never done such, and highly doubt that I ever will FWIW), but you do realize that the very greatness of this country that you and I for damned sure love is "spinally" (i.e. the very backbone) based on our Constitution! And here's the thing: our Constitution 'tis indeed "flexible" to say the least. Case in point:

Stone and Volokh also noted that hasn’t always been the case. “Courts have not always been this protective of free expression. In the nineteenth century, for example, courts allowed punishment of blasphemy, and during and shortly after World War I the Supreme Court held that speech tending to promote crime—such as speech condemning the military draft or praising anarchism—could be punished.” But since the 1920s, “the Supreme Court began to read the First Amendment more broadly, and this trend accelerated in the 1960s,” they concluded.

The above was C&P'd from here: Constitution Daily - Flag burning and the First Amendment: Yet another look at the two.

Point being here is that no matter how much you may totally disagree with the protesters in general, their right to protest as they are is without a doubt the very base of which this wonderfully free country can attribute its continued existence, as well as its hopeful future!!

Personally, the government recording, filming and filing every single thing I do sometimes reminds me of that famous book titled 1984. By that I mean that I am by no means a number, but rather a free man!!

You may very well disagree with, and even despise the "other" side, but remember, we're all certainly free to openly discuss such!! As I've aged, one of the most valuable things that I've learned after all the shit that I've been thru since June of 1967 has been the term "compromise". Just as ol' Winston Churchill once stated back in the late 30's, "To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war."

Just voicing it out a little. Again, WADR!
1st amendment does not apply to people being at work. It is so the government can’t silence us

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
2nd amendment does not apply to people being at work. It is so the government can’t silence us
And for the millionth time, everyone agrees that employers have the right to keep employees from protesting in the workplace UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Forcing someone to act a certain way (in this case forcing patriotism or nationalism) is NOT normal and in the NFL’s case has nothing to do with their productivity on the field. This isn’t analygous to a Marine refusing to stand for the National Anthem.

Reactions: rogue cock
And for the millionth time, everyone agrees that employers have the right to keep employees from protesting in the workplace UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Forcing someone to act a certain way (in this case forcing patriotism or nationalism) is NOT normal and in the NFL’s case has nothing to do with their productivity on the field. This isn’t analygous to a Marine refusing to stand for the National Anthem.
And for the millionth time, its not forced patriotism. Its forcing someone to appease customers. Winning is not the goal in the NFL. Making money is.

And for the millionth time, its not forced patriotism. Its forcing someone to appease customers. Winning is not the goal in the NFL. Making money is.
It is forcing patriotism... for the reasons you state. You could make the argument that forcing your employees to only serve whites is best for your clientele but of course that is now illegal and I don’t think anyone on here would disagree with that law (not to our faces at least).

Forcing patriotism on employees hasn’t been litigated to my knowledge but it’s a dangerous path to go down when we start trying to divide people along those lines in the workplace.

It is forcing patriotism... for the reasons you state. You could make the argument that forcing your employees to only serve whites is best for your clientele but of course that is now illegal and I don’t think anyone on here would disagree with that law (not to our faces at least).

Forcing patriotism on employees hasn’t been litigated to my knowledge but it’s a dangerous path to go down when we start trying to divide people along those lines in the workplace.
How do you feel about forced diversity training in the workplace?

How do you feel about forced diversity training in the workplace?
I think the more appropriate question is "How do you feel about it?"

Do you think employers should promote a workplace that is more inclusive or less inclusive?

If you're extremely against it, how would you protest it? Or would you protest it? How far would you go to raise awareness about it if you don't agree with it?

I think the more appropriate question is "How do you feel about it?"

Do you think employers should promote a workplace that is more inclusive or less inclusive?

If you're extremely against it, how would you protest it? Or would you protest it? How far would you go to raise awareness about it if you don't agree with it?
if me wearing Gamecock shirts while making sales calls, pissed off my clients, then I would not wear them, however if my Boss told me not to wear them when i make sales calls, Would i call my boss a Slave owner or a Dictator?? NO.. I would not wear it... And i bet if i tried suing them in court, i would lose..

if me wearing Gamecock shirts while making sales calls, pissed off my clients, then I would not wear them, however if my Boss told me not to wear them when i make sales calls, Would i call my boss a Slave owner or a Dictator?? NO.. I would not wear it... And i bet if i tried suing them in court, i would lose..
How is that related to diversity training?

And yes, you probably would lose in court, if a court would even hear your case. There's a difference between "dress code" and "how you're supposed to act." Like it or not, there's a difference.

Those same thousands also died for our right to peacefully protest, no matter if we agree with the manner of protest.

Well, when it comes to a matter of respecting my Flag, Anthem and Country that is where it all ends for me. If one cannot honor the Flag and Anthem in appreciate for those that die for them, well I'm sorry I have no use for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT