ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been treated for Covid by monoclonal antibodies treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

section907

Sep 16, 2000
Either vaxed or not vaxed. If you were treated for covid , what was your process in getting the monoclonal treatment. There is so much misinformation online I thought I’d check to see if anyone on here can share their treatment progress - did you go to your dr? Anyone do a video appt and get access ?

—- specifically with the monoclonal antibody treatment.

• Haha
Reactions: HI Cock
Either vaxed or not vaxed. If you were treated for covid , what was your process in getting the monoclonal treatment. There is so much misinformation online I thought I’d check to see if anyone on here can share their treatment progress - did you go to your dr? Anyone do a video appt and get access ?

Friends wife, after 3 days of headache, not keeping food down went to clinic where they confirmed..told to go to hospital next day 4 outpatient treatment..was better couple days later…….this took place late spring.
He had gotten vaccine shot, she hadn’t……..vaccine kept him healthy while tending to her.

Can share what happened with my parents.

Mom tested positive first, she's early 70's, good health. Her doctor set her up for it the next day at 5pm. However, they told her that could change if someone that needed it worse came along. Her SIL is a nurse practitioner in a smaller hospital system. SIL got her in at 8am the next morning. She cancelled the 5pm appointment.

Dad tested positive the next day. Early 70's, overweight and auto-immune disease. His doctor set him up for the following day (like my mom). SIL got him in at the smaller hospital same day.

As far as progress, they were both feeling much better 24 hours after the treatment.

Also, they both have been taking a handful of vitamins since Covid started...zinc, etc.. My dad's doctor also gave him a prescription of Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin.

From their experience, the larger hospital systems you may have to wait on for the treatment, depending on your risk factors and availability. If that's the case, try a smaller hospital.

EDIT: forgot to add, neither of them were vaxxed.

My daughter did the ACA and was back at work full speed 2 weeks later. She has to wait a while to get the vax but she is convinced. Shes a nurse by the way that worked the covid unit for 18 months. This was her second infection and was much worse than the first. Only 50% of the staff has taken the vax. 5 have died, 14 have been to ICU.

I work in an ICU, a lot of our potential patients received monoclonal antibodies in the ER, and had their progression of the virus reversed. Saved a lot of people from getting sicker.

Key is getting it started as soon as possible, fairly early in its progression. Same with those doing the Ivermectin/Hydroxychloroquine/steroids/antibiotic/vitamin plan.

This last bump of the virus was worse than the other peaks, at least in my experience. Seems like those that came in late got sicker quicker, and died quicker.

Interestingly, some of those who deteriorated the quickest and died had received both vaccine doses. One patient had caught Covid early on, got both vax doses, got the third dose because he was immunocompromised, caught it a second time and died.

So since I work 911 EMS i wanted to do what i could to get over this mess and back on the unit, so I did have it done and this was my process. My self and wife are both vaccinated i went with Phizer and she went with Moderna. I was diagnosed on a Sunday afternoon at Dr Care at Partridge in Columbia. The Dr there told me I was a candidate for the antibodies treatment and set it up. The next day a Dr called and did a video call with me explaining options. I chose to have it done with the Drs Care in Irmo and I went with the 4 shots L arm, R arm , then L side and R side. I had to wait a hour for any side affects and there were none. The Dr told me I could actually feel worse the next day or so then cross over and begin to feel much better. He was right as within 2 days I felt much better and had energy that I had been missing. Now my wife got it also this week but she chose to get the infusion at Prisma at Richland. She felt better pretty quick as well. Hope this helps some. But it was a rough about 2 weeks for my family, as 2 days after i was positive , my 7 yr old son tested positive, then my wife, then a day or 2 after her our 11 yr old daughter was positive. She had it the worst of any of us, as on her 3rd or 4th day her fever stayed around 103.2-104.0 for a good 8 hours. Now our oldest son never tested positive or got sick, he is also the most recent to be vaccinated with the Phizer so that could have played a roll in him never getting sick during this time it ran through our home. Best of luck and hope this helps.

Last edited:
It's stunning that thos hasn't been more widely used.

It is being pretty widely used. In fact, some states, especially some of the recent harder hit southern states, and medical providers in those areas have had trouble getting enough of the treatment.

A few things- Monoclonal treatment has emergency use authorization from the FDA. It has not received full approval. I add that for those that have said they don't want to take a non fully approved treatment.

However, there are specific criteria for it's use and the statistical data supporting it's use outside the set protocol is limited so far. So not everyone is able to receive it. Some people are too sick to receive it.

It's an expensive treatment - in the $3,000 - $5,000 range per dose according to an August report from the UAB medical school. The federal government, in most cases, is covering the costs, except for some administration costs which the patient's insurance will usually cover.

If the person doesn't have insurance, medical providers are still submitting all charges to the government to attempt to receive payment.

The more data that comes in will help support it's full approval by the FDA, which hopefully will happen in the near future.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Interestingly, some of those who deteriorated the quickest and died had received both vaccine doses. One patient had caught Covid early on, got both vax doses, got the third dose because he was immunocompromised, caught it a second time and died.

Our family had a good friend pass away from COVID back in September. He was fully vaccinated. But he was also 83, had recently suffered a severe fall at his home that he was having trouble recovering from, and had numerous other age related health problems. When I saw him back in the early summer, he could barely walk and was only able to walk short distances with the help of 2 other people. This was before he fell.

At his funeral, his daughter told my wife that they thought recovering from his fall would kill him but he hung on and that catching even a mild case of COVID, or even a bad cold or sinus infection would have likely been too much for his body to overcome. That was her opinion anyway.

This happens to older people with the flu quite often. Even those that get the flu shot can still catch the flu, but when you have other serious health issues, even mild cases of a virus, infection, or an injury can mean you can't recover.

Florida has been administering monoclonal antibodies for a good while(Regeneron). According to the statistics on Worldometer, Florida has had about 3 deaths a day from Covid while Texas and California have had between 150 to 300 deaths per day.

I work in an ICU, a lot of our potential patients received monoclonal antibodies in the ER, and had their progression of the virus reversed. Saved a lot of people from getting sicker.

Key is getting it started as soon as possible, fairly early in its progression. Same with those doing the Ivermectin/Hydroxychloroquine/steroids/antibiotic/vitamin plan.

This last bump of the virus was worse than the other peaks, at least in my experience. Seems like those that came in late got sicker quicker, and died quicker.

Thanks for posting the info. Yeah from all I've gathered, whether the vax makes a difference seems to be as luck of the draw as how sick 2 different people get. Hard to make rhyme or reason.

Question for you though, would you see this type of thing with a severe flu season? i know a lot of people die each year from the flu, just wondering how much different covid is?

Thanks.

Florida has been administering monoclonal antibodies for a good while(Regeneron). According to the statistics on Worldometer, Florida has had about 3 deaths a day from Covid while Texas and California have had between 150 to 300 deaths per day.

Yeah, and Let's Go Brandon saw that and cut Florida's supply of the antibodies in half. Evil, evil people in this administration.

Why would anyone refuse the vaccine yet gladly accept covid treatment in a hospital?

In both cases they would have to trust the science.

Probably for the same reason someone wouldn't get a flu shot, yet will take Tamiflu to treat it. Just because you aren't willing to take something that should be preventative doesn't mean you shouldn't be willing to take something completely different for treatment.

It's getting closer to me. I have had vacc. My plumber's son got covid and had to be put under a tent. He's recovering. Is in his late 20s or early 30s. I think he's at home now.
My appliance repairman caught covid and they've been closed since Sept 15th. He's in his 70s. His wife got it and passed. Have been calling them for years.

Probably for the same reason someone wouldn't get a flu shot, yet will take Tamiflu to treat it. Just because you aren't willing to take something that should be preventative doesn't mean you shouldn't be willing to take something completely different for treatment.
Before social media misinformation an ounce of prevention was worth a pound of cure.

Why would anyone refuse the vaccine yet gladly accept covid treatment in a hospital?

In both cases they would have to trust the science.

It’s Big Pharma!!! Run! You know, because “big pharma” only makes vaccines and nothing else that people take in a hospital.

You know, because ivermectin, remdesivir, the monoclonal antibody treatments - they’re all made by local mom and pop store you can trust! Actually, they’re just being pushed by pharma companies to people that won’t get vaxxed for political reasons.

and I’m not up to date on this, but has any of those treatments been approved by the FDA for the treatment of covid? Doesn’t that make them all “experimental” if not?

Florida isn’t reporting daily numbers anymore. They are reporting their numbers every few days or once a week and their last weekly report was 944 deaths which 135 a day which puts them pretty much in line with Texas and California. The only problem there is that in terms of population they are about 45% under California and about 20% under Texas so they really shouldn’t be in line with those states. Florida has also passed NY in terms of death total which is a bit problematic considering the sizable lead NY had from the start of tracking COVID deaths.

All that said it is clear the antibody infusion treatment is the best course of treatment if you contract COVID it just wasn’t some kind of miracle worker in Florida like was being implied

Yeah, and Let's Go Brandon saw that and cut Florida's supply of the antibodies in half. Evil, evil people in this administration.

If only there was an alternative such as a vaccine that was cheaper and more effective and would reduce the need for manufactured antibodies.

oh wait…

Reactions: DaddyRooster
Before social media misinformation an ounce of prevention was worth a pound of cure.
I agree it doesn't make any sense but don't forget about the gross politicization of the virus and how it was used to win a presidential election. Absolute lies were told and this is caused people to doubt anything coming from the media or the administration.

It's sad and is wrong and The people that did this have blood on their hands.

Nothing “illogical” about it. Lots of people are at near zero risk from COVID. Why would they take a vaccine for something that will be, at the most, a common cold type event for them? If they get it? Especially if there is a valid treatment in the rare case they were unexpectedly impacted.

For many, it’s completely logical. The “everyone must take it” mentality is what is illogical.

If only there was an alternative such as a vaccine that was cheaper and more effective and would reduce the need for manufactured antibodies.

oh wait…
That’s mentality is what has made the response a failure. We should have been working harder treatments too, since the vaccines don’t really work as promised.

Instead, the vaccine mob doesnt want a treatment. They would rather you die if you don’t get the vaccine. No choice but their vaccine choice. Just like they would like for you to lose your job if you won’t get the vaccine.

That’s mentality is what has made the response a failure. We should have been working harder treatments too, since the vaccines don’t really work as promised.

Instead, the vaccine mob doesnt want a treatment. They would rather you die if you don’t get the vaccine. No choice but their vaccine choice. Just like they would like for you to lose your job if you won’t get the vaccine.

This is idiotic logic. Not a single person has ever said we shouldn’t work on a treatment to covid.

The logical people have always said you should do both try to prevent it and thus treating it easier.

No different than diabetes. Imagine how foolish you sound arguing everyone should just weigh 300 lbs and never exercise. They should just rely on insulin.

Nothing “illogical” about it. Lots of people are at near zero risk from COVID. Why would they take a vaccine for something that will be, at the most, a common cold type event for them? If they get it? Especially if there is a valid treatment in the rare case they were unexpectedly impacted.

For many, it’s completely logical. The “everyone must take it” mentality is what is illogical
It goes both ways as has been pointed out a couple times here.

You have people claiming they won’t get the
vaccine because it’s under emergency authorization while at the same time touting treatments that are available under the same emergency authorizations.

You have another group of people claiming they won’t take the $40 vaccine because they won’t give into big pharma while promoting the $4000 treatment supplied by big pharma.

Again that’s not to say that the antibody treatment hasn’t shown to be effective just that the reasoning for doing it over the vaccine expressed by some just doesn’t match up.

This is idiotic logic. Not a single person has ever said we shouldn’t work on a treatment to covid.

The logical people have always said you should do both try to prevent it and thus treating it easier.

No different than diabetes. Imagine how foolish you sound arguing everyone should just weigh 300 lbs and never exercise. They should just rely on insulin.

You literally just said that in your “if only we had an alternative we wouldn’t need to produce antibodies” diatribe.

And it is different than diabetes. If a healthy 25 year old could get diabetes and get over it without even knowing they had it with no issues then no, they should not change their entire lifestyle to revolve around preventing diabetes. Stupid analogy.

Just want to add, my parents being unvaxxed does not come from an ignorant, uneducated, MAGA point of view. My mother is an RN, retired after around 40 years active. She has researched EXTENSIVELY, and concluded that she wasn't comfortable getting it. She had researched the monoclonal treatment long before she needed it. She was comfortable with it, that's why she went that route when she came down with it.

I don't know why it is so hard for some to understand and respect that it's a personal decision. My stance, if you want get it (or don't), you do you. The problem is, there is a segment out there that just doesn't respect that. It's "my way, or else". Hell, our own Congress is exempted from it. I'm still waiting for someone to give me a good and educated answer why (Bueller? Bueller?). Not for me, but for thee. Does that not throw up a red flag for anyone?

It goes both ways as has been pointed out a couple times here.

You have people claiming they won’t get the
vaccine because it’s under emergency authorization while at the same time touting treatments that are available under the same emergency authorizations.

You have another group of people claiming they won’t take the $40 vaccine because they won’t give into big pharma while promoting the $4000 treatment supplied by big pharma.

Again that’s not to say that the antibody treatment hasn’t shown to be effective just that the reasoning for doing it over the vaccine expressed by some just doesn’t match up.
I’m not sure why it is so hard for many to understand.

If you are in need of urgent medical care, most people will take any treatment that will help them, even if it has known side effects. If they are asked to take something that may or may not have side effects and they feel they aren’t at risk, many will take a pass, especially if there is a treatment available. Risk vs reward.

Pretty simple logic, and shouldn’t be that difficult to understand. And nothing new.

Reactions: chief2791
I think everyone should get vaccinated unless they have a condition that prevents it, but I also don't think that everyone that refuses the vaccine is doing so because of politics. I know plenty of unvaccinated people that are just scared to get it. Logical or not, they're just scared, and it has nothing to do with Trump or Biden or anything political.

Reactions: Dizzy01

I got it 4 days after i tested positive. I had pneumonia and was feeling pretty crappy when i got it. It took about 2-3 hours to get the whole cocktail in via IV. I am not sure how well it worked or didn't work (never having had covid) but i was feeling alot better by day 4 (after receiving it). I was and am currently unvaxxed, but i did lose my mom to covid the week after getting the Antibodies and once i am cleared to get the shot I will be getting it (around december). Watching someone you love go through that, will make you do anything to avoid or potentially avoid seeing/experiencing it again. The sheet they gave me before the treatment gave a criteria list if you will about who qualifies and when you don't qualify. For example, once your oxygen level drops below 90 the studies show it is no longer effective and they will not give it too you. I have am a little bit overweight and have high BP so i was a high risk qualifier. My wife is a picture of health (had covid at the same time as me) and she did not qualify for the treatment. You also have to be recommended by a family dr or something along those lines. I was sceptical of all this mess until I got it and then watched my mom fight for 3 weeks and eventually succumbing to it. While I am still skeptical my thought process has turned into, if the vax kills me or someone in 5 years, at least i would have had 5 more years with my mom. Do your own research but be smart about it. All this said in love, not political just my personal experience.

I think everyone should get vaccinated unless they have a condition that prevents it, but I also don't think that everyone that refuses the vaccine is doing so because of politics. I know plenty of unvaccinated people that are just scared to get it. Logical or not, they're just scared, and it has nothing to do with Trump or Biden or anything political.

Many just don’t want to take medicines or treatments they don’t need.

Do you take medicines you don’t need?

Reactions: cockofdawn

What would be more idiotic is to let some dumda$$ TELL them what they have to do. I cant understand what people like you gain from the idea of being able to dictate to others what they must do. If the vaccines and the masks work, then you are in no danger if you do both right? Then why are you concerned about what I do? BTW I AM vaccinated. I CHOSE to get it. Also in your snarkie a$$ed response please post a link to a study where masks definately work. Maybe you could go back and find an article by your leader Fauci about masks and how effective they are. Thanks in advance.

Just want to add, my parents being unvaxxed does not come from an ignorant, uneducated, MAGA point of view. My mother is an RN, retired after around 40 years active. She has researched EXTENSIVELY, and concluded that she wasn't comfortable getting it. She had researched the monoclonal treatment long before she needed it. She was comfortable with it, that's why she went that route when she came down with it.

I don't know why it is so hard for some to understand and respect that it's a personal decision. My stance, if you want get it (or don't), you do you. The problem is, there is a segment out there that just doesn't respect that. It's "my way, or else". Hell, our own Congress is exempted from it. I'm still waiting for someone to give me a good and educated answer why (Bueller? Bueller?). Not for me, but for thee. Does that not throw up a red flag for anyone?
The "my way or else" people believe that everyone getting the vaccine is the only route to ridding the world of the virus. They were told that was the case by the CDC and the powers They listened to.

Now we know that simply not true. The vaccines are not going to get us to herd immunity. Add to this problem there is an animal reservoir that is going to continue to spread this even if we had 100% vaccinations. Unless we're going to go out there and vaccinate every squirrel and raccoon in the forest we're going to be living with this for a long long time.

Now, that said the vaccine is still the best method to prevent serious illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19. The numbers are overwhelmingly in support of this. If you get covid you have about a 1 in 50 chance of dying from it If you're unvaccinated. You can crunch a bunch of numbers but it comes out to nearly one in a million chance if you are of vaccinated. That's a huge difference.

All that leads to the conclusion that yes everyone should take the vaccine, but no you shouldn't worry about somebody else having it as long as you do. It's a personal choice, and a personal decision and you have no right to cost someone their job or force someone to take it for any reason at all at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT