ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been treated for Covid by monoclonal antibodies treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure why it is so hard for many to understand.

If you are in need of urgent medical care, most people will take any treatment that will help them, even if it has known side effects. If they are asked to take something that may or may not have side effects and they feel they aren’t at risk, many will take a pass, especially if there is a treatment available. Risk vs reward.

Pretty simple logic, and shouldn’t be that difficult to understand. And nothing new.
Right. Everyone understands that talking is easy but when push comes to shove all of the talking takes a back seat to self preservation.

Probably for the same reason someone wouldn't get a flu shot, yet will take Tamiflu to treat it. Just because you aren't willing to take something that should be preventative doesn't mean you shouldn't be willing to take something completely different for treatment.

I agree with you.

My issue is with people that are adamant they wouldn't take a vaccine that wasn't fully approved by the FDA- but they will take or even ask for the anti-body treatment when it isn't fully approved by the FDA.

Another interesting bit of inconsistency is that Regeneron's infusion treatment is originally derived from aborted fetal tissue (This is the treatment that Trump and Texas Gov Abbott received). The actual treatment uses cloned cells - cloned from the original cell line of the aborted fetal tissue from 1973. (Now admittedly, I have read some info from a small amount of people that are consistent and also won't take the antibody treatment because they believe they are being consistent and won't take any treatment derived from an original aborted fetus and I greatly respect them for their consistency even if I disagree with them.

That seems to be a bit odd to me. I realize that isn't everyone or even the majority so I'm not accusing anyone here of anything. But it is what some have said and that's a bit strange.

Last edited:
What would be more idiotic is to let some dumda$$ TELL them what they have to do. I cant understand what people like you gain from the idea of being able to dictate to others what they must do. If the vaccines and the masks work, then you are in no danger if you do both right? Then why are you concerned about what I do? BTW I AM vaccinated. I CHOSE to get it. Also in your snarkie a$$ed response please post a link to a study where masks definately work. Maybe you could go back and find an article by your leader Fauci about masks and how effective they are. Thanks in advance.

I shouldn't have to tell you to do anything. But when you intentionally choose to be an idiot, we have to force you to not be an idiot.

It does no good for society to let people make society worse.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
What would be more idiotic is to let some dumda$$ TELL them what they have to do. I cant understand what people like you gain from the idea of being able to dictate to others what they must do. If the vaccines and the masks work, then you are in no danger if you do both right? Then why are you concerned about what I do? BTW I AM vaccinated. I CHOSE to get it. Also in your snarkie a$$ed response please post a link to a study where masks definately work. Maybe you could go back and find an article by your leader Fauci about masks and how effective they are. Thanks in advance.

I think some of us see a glaring hole in this because every state in the country, including the most conservative states mandate numerous vaccines for children whether the children want to take them or not. Of course that also means parents have to schedule these visits, take off work, and take their children to get these vaccines and they have to then provide the paperwork their school so they can attend. Schools have to keep up with the paperwork and document it and track down parents that don't turn in the info. It's a paperwork nightmare for the schools at times.

Just a few years ago, South Carolina added a vaccine to that required list for middle school students without any disagreement or argument.

So it's somewhat strange to hear elected leaders now decrying how terrible vaccine mandates are and "telling people what to do" when they refuse to eliminate numerous vaccine mandates they have enthusiastically supported and still support.

Seems to me if you are against mandates, you are against them and should be eliminating all the other mandates related to vaccines.

Just want to add, my parents being unvaxxed does not come from an ignorant, uneducated, MAGA point of view. My mother is an RN, retired after around 40 years active. She has researched EXTENSIVELY, and concluded that she wasn't comfortable getting it. She had researched the monoclonal treatment long before she needed it. She was comfortable with it, that's why she went that route when she came down with it.

I don't know why it is so hard for some to understand and respect that it's a personal decision. My stance, if you want get it (or don't), you do you. The problem is, there is a segment out there that just doesn't respect that. It's "my way, or else". Hell, our own Congress is exempted from it. I'm still waiting for someone to give me a good and educated answer why (Bueller? Bueller?). Not for me, but for thee. Does that not throw up a red flag for anyone?

Congress is not really exempt.

The executive branch can't order the legislative branch to do something. If they could, our government would be quite different. So it's not really a matter of being exempt. The Constitution separates the powers.

Your mom is retired. I don't think anyone is forcing her to do anything. I guess it's a bit odd to see someone who rejects a fully approved vaccine but is ok with a non approved treatment that even the supportive doctors that prescribe it admit a lot of data is missing on the treatment. But that's her choice.

I think this will be moot in a few years anyway. If COVID hangs around, the COVID vaccines that are already widely accepted will be even more accepted in the coming few years. Untold hundreds of millions of people have received it and that number of going up rapidly. If COVID is still with us in the coming years, the vaccine will be as normal as a flu shot.

Some people still don't get the flu shot but the great majority who reject it do so because they don't think they'll get the flu or get sick from it, not because they think it doesn't work or will cause them problems.

The executive branch can't order the legislative branch to do something. If they could, our government would be quite different. So it's not really a matter of being exempt. The Constitution separates the powers.

Your mom is retired. I don't think anyone is forcing her to do anything. I guess it's a bit odd to see someone who rejects a fully approved vaccine but is ok with a non approved treatment that even the supportive doctors that prescribe it admit a lot of data is missing on the treatment. But that's her choice.

I think this will be moot in a few years anyway. If COVID hangs around, the COVID vaccines that are already widely accepted will be even more accepted in the coming few years. Untold hundreds of millions of people have received it and that number of going up rapidly. If COVID is still with us in the coming years, the vaccine will be as normal as a flu shot.

Some people still don't get the flu shot but the great majority who reject it do so because they don't think they'll get the flu or get sick from it, not because they think it doesn't work or will cause them problems.
You, Dizzy and USCWATSON can keep wearing your masks and you should be fine right? No worries.

I can respect your response, and fully understand it, but it still comes off (to me) as "not for me but for thee" in reference to Congress. So the executive branch can't order the legislative branch to do anything. What gives them the right to order me to do anything? I put my britches on every day just like every member of Congress.

I'm glad you brought the flu shot up. My wife gets one every year. Good for her, I support her doing it, her choice. In my (almost) 50 years, I've gotten the flu shot once. Was in the doctor's office for a routine visit (roughly 20 years ago), and he asked if I wanted the flu shot while I was in there. I told him to go ahead. Two days later I had the flu, for the first time ever. Never took a flu shot since, and never had the flu since. Coincidence? Heck if I know, but it'd be hard to convince me otherwise, and trust me, my wife has tried. She respects my decision though, and I respect hers. We (as a society) need much more of that.

Reactions: atl-cock
Just want to add, my parents being unvaxxed does not come from an ignorant, uneducated, MAGA point of view. My mother is an RN, retired after around 40 years active. She has researched EXTENSIVELY, and concluded that she wasn't comfortable getting it. She had researched the monoclonal treatment long before she needed it. She was comfortable with it, that's why she went that route when she came down with it.

I don't know why it is so hard for some to understand and respect that it's a personal decision. My stance, if you want get it (or don't), you do you. The problem is, there is a segment out there that just doesn't respect that. It's "my way, or else". Hell, our own Congress is exempted from it. I'm still waiting for someone to give me a good and educated answer why (Bueller? Bueller?). Not for me, but for thee. Does that not throw up a red flag for anyone?

In your first section what you're describing is that your mother isn't good at analyzing what she's researching.

Your second paragraph pretends your personal decision is in a vacuum. I don't care what you do if it doesn't impact others. However, that's not what is being discussed. Once you guys get sick from your poor decisions you want to take resources away from other people.

If you want to skip getting the vaccine and are willing to die at home when you get covid, I'm fine with that. But at the end of the day you only hold to your "values" when you're healthy. The moment you guys get sick, you abandon all of those values.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I think some of us see a glaring hole in this because every state in the country, including the most conservative states mandate numerous vaccines for children whether the children want to take them or not. Of course that also means parents have to schedule these visits, take off work, and take their children to get these vaccines and they have to then provide the paperwork their school so they can attend. Schools have to keep up with the paperwork and document it and track down parents that don't turn in the info. It's a paperwork nightmare for the schools at times.

Just a few years ago, South Carolina added a vaccine to that required list for middle school students without any disagreement or argument.

So it's somewhat strange to hear elected leaders now decrying how terrible vaccine mandates are and "telling people what to do" when they refuse to eliminate numerous vaccine mandates they have enthusiastically supported and still support.

Seems to me if you are against mandates, you are against them and should be eliminating all the other mandates related to vaccines.
What you keep referring to as a "vaccine" really isn't is it? I mean first it was, "get the vaccine and we will eradicate covid". Then it was get the vaccine to get us to herd immunity. Hey then it was get the vaccine and then a booster and that will be the trick. It's "follow the science" right? But what if the science says that there are treatments that may be as effective in preventing death from covid? What about natural immunity? What about people who die from covid after having the vaccine.
Any thoughts about people being afraid to take the vaccine because of the boatload of lies that have been proffered by those insisting that mandating a vaccine is the only way out of this?
After being lied to time after time, why is it unthinkable that someone may believe they are being led down a path for someone else's benefit?
I believe people should be able to make their own decisions. And yes there are reasons that some people choose not to vaccinate their kids against certain things, but to my knowledge they haven't faced the BS that people that dont want to be mandated to get this covid shot have faced.

In your first section what you're describing is that your mother isn't good at analyzing what she's researching.

Your second paragraph pretends your personal decision is in a vacuum. I don't care what you do if it doesn't impact others. However, that's not what is being discussed. Once you guys get sick from your poor decisions you want to take resources away from other people.

If you want to skip getting the vaccine and are willing to die at home when you get covid, I'm fine with that. But at the end of the day you only hold to your "values" when you're healthy. The moment you guys get sick, you abandon all of those values.
We are so far off in personal opinions (there are very few facts) that there's no point in continuing, it'd be a back and forth with no resolution. I respect yours, I really do, hope you'll respect mine.

We are so far off in personal opinions (there are very few facts) that there's no point in continuing, it'd be a back and forth with no resolution. I respect yours, I really do, hope you'll respect mine.
No. I don't respect your opinion that's leading to people dying unnecessarily.

The same way drunk driving is wrong. There is no agree to disagree if you want to espouse views that you should be able to drink and drive.

The same way drunk driving is wrong. There is no agree to disagree if you want to espouse views that you should be able to drink and drive.

What is all of this? Have you not noticed the vaccines don't work as advertised and many the side effects are ongoing and have exceeded all vaccine issues collectively in history? Did you see what happened in the long-term animal trials that were never done on humans? Did you read the vaccine manual outlining all of the issues? Why would you want kids and those with virtually no risk taking a vaccine that has shown to have risks?

Why do you care what other people do if the vaccine is not offering protection from infection - which is very clear in the studies now? Even CNN and the Washington Post have admitted this.

There are plenty of other treatments that have been shown to be more effacious, protective, have less side effects AND actually contribute to natural & herd immunity.

Before you continue critizing those and their personal decisions, let's see some actual data (vs. opinion) since you fancy yourself as a good researcher, especially when experts from all over the world are now stating the opposite.

Reactions: chief2791
What is all of this? Have you not noticed the vaccines don't work as advertised and many the side effects are ongoing and have exceeded all vaccine issues collectively in history? Did you see what happened in the long-term animal trials that were never done on humans? Did you read the vaccine manual outlining all of the issues? Why would you want kids and those with virtually no risk taking a vaccine that has shown to have risks?

Why do you care what other people do if the vaccine is not offering protection from infection - which is very clear in the studies now? Even CNN and the Washington Post have admitted this.

There are plenty of other treatments that have been shown to be more effacious, protective, have less side effects AND actually contribute to natural & herd immunity.

Before you continue critizing those and their personal decisions, let's see some actual data (vs. opinion) since you fancy yourself as a good researcher, especially when experts from all over the world are now stating the opposite.
There is an enormous amount of data that shows why you should get the vaccine. At this point you're being willfully ignorant by just ignoring that.

That's why we have to mandate things, because we can't make you use logic or common sense.

Right. Everyone understands that talking is easy but when push comes to shove all of the talking takes a back seat to self preservation.
Nothing more than risk vs reward. People make similar choices all the time. When they feel there is no reward, they don’t assume the risk. When the rewards suddenly becomes more favorable, they are willing to assume more risk.

You, Dizzy and USCWATSON can keep wearing your masks and you should be fine right? No worries.
It’s interesting that you assume I care one way or the other about you getting the vaccine or wearing a mask. I’m not a big fan of this mandate. It’s too broad of a stroke and I think the more you try to force something the less effective things are. I don’t have an issue with companies and industries that already have vaccine requirements including this one but that doesn’t mean everyone else should have to comply as well.

What I do have hard time with is the reasoning that is used and where people are getting their information. If you’re scared of the vaccine just say you’re scared. If you don’t want to take the vaccine just say I don’t want it. Don’t say you don’t trust emergency use and then talk about how great something else is that’s also under an emergency use designation. Don’t say you don’t trust pharma if you’re willing to load up with anything else they produce. Don’t say you can’t trust things and then run with something on TikTok.

Since you brought up the masks I still don’t get what all the whining is about these. I don’t get why Kroger cares if I’m barefoot in their stores but if they want me wearing shoes I’m not going to run around wiggling my toes like I’m making some kind of statement. In the list of ridiculous thinks stores/governments have determined I can and can’t do a mask is pretty low on my list of cares.

There is an enormous amount of data that shows why you should get the vaccine. At this point you're being willfully ignorant by just ignoring that.

That's why we have to mandate things, because we can't make you use logic or common sense.

Then why isn’t the flu vaccine mandated?

There is no enormous data that you continue not to post. The mandates will not stand and are flying directly in the face of the data, real experts and FDA at this point.

You do not need your neighbor to be vaccinated in order for your vaccine to work properly.

Reactions: dual_tiger
There is no enormous data that you continue not to post. The mandates will not stand and are flying directly in the face of the data, real experts and FDA at this point.

You do not need your neighbor to be vaccinated in order for your vaccine to work properly.
It isn't about my vaccine. It's about you taking up the hospital beds from people who need them for non covid reasons and wasting my taxpayer dollars for your unnecessary health care.

It isn't about my vaccine. It's about you taking up the hospital beds from people who need them for non covid reasons and wasting my taxpayer dollars for your unnecessary health care.

Then you should be an advocate of early treatment and releasing the strangehold on effective, non-vaccine treatments so hospitilizations don't occur in the first place? These are the same treatments they are using on the vaccinated when they are hospitalized.

Are you saying that vaccinated people are dying because their hospital beds are being taken by those that are unvaccinated? That's a lie, and you know it. You know that is not true. In fact it's just the opposite. There are numerouse cases of unvaccinated persons being denied treatment because of their choice. Another freaking lie. Do you really think that the mountain of lies is going to persuade anyone to take the shot? Or is it just fun harassing people that value freedom?

Then you should be an advocate of early treatment and releasing the strangehold on effective, non-vaccine treatments so hospitilizations don't occur in the first place? These are the same treatments they are using on the vaccinated when they are hospitalized.
Imagine believing you're making a legitimate argument when you're arguing you shouldn't take preventive medicine.

Are you saying that vaccinated people are dying because their hospital beds are being taken by those that are unvaccinated? That's a lie, and you know it. You know that is not true. In fact it's just the opposite. There are numerouse cases of unvaccinated persons being denied treatment because of their choice. Another freaking lie. Do you really think that the mountain of lies is going to persuade anyone to take the shot? Or is it just fun harassing people that value freedom?
If you haven't taken the shot at this point, it's impossible to convince you of anything. Our only option is to force you take it.

Imagine believing you're making a legitimate argument when you're arguing you shouldn't take preventive medicine.

The vaccine isn't stopping infection and you've stated your grave concern is now hospital beds that aren't close to full.

If that's a nagging fear, early treatment protocols is where your interest should lie. Not mass vaccination.

It blows my mind people want to rely on this instead of just getting vaccinated.

You can’t fix stupid.
I agree it doesn't make any sense but don't forget about the gross politicization of the virus and how it was used to win a presidential election. Absolute lies were told and this is caused people to doubt anything coming from the media or the administration.

It's sad and is wrong and The people that did this have blood on their hands.
Bull$hit! Trump lost because he’s a vindictive assh@le and a narcissistic sociopath who’s mentally unstable. He was the one who lied about the virus from the beginning and constantly fought with the infectious disease experts on how to mitigate the spread. He politicized it and created this reluctance for vaccination. That man is a complete and total moron. If you can’t see that then you should really think about what exactly draws you to a person like him.

If you haven't taken the shot at this point, it's impossible to convince you of anything. Our only option is to force you take it.
But if it works for you, then why make me take it? If the shot works, and everyone that wants it can take it, and those that dont die from Covid, then it seems that would be a scenario close to natural selection? No?

But if it works for you, then why make me take it? If the shot works, and everyone that wants it can take it, and those that dont die from Covid, then it seems that would be a scenario close to natural selection? No?
No, because you're wasting substantial medical resources that are finite through stupidity.

I would agree with you completely if people who didn't get vaccinated just had to sit in their bed and die when they get sick. But that isn't the case, they come to the hospital and eat up valuable resources through willful negligence.

Funny...my daughter is a nurse and was not going to get vaccinated (against my wishes) but after seeing the ICU patients dying daily of Covid and most if not all were unvaccinated she got the vaccine. Her research was watching people dying who were unvaccinated.

Reactions: lilburncock
No, because you're wasting substantial medical resources that are finite through stupidity.

I would agree with you completely if people who didn't get vaccinated just had to sit in their bed and die when they get sick. But that isn't the case, they come to the hospital and eat up valuable resources through willful negligence.

That is an argument that can be made for a lot more than just this vaccine. I dont relish it becoming the new way of thinking.

Democrats do not have to respect your opinion, that is if you are conservative!!!!!! Where have you been since 2008??

Bull$hit! Trump lost because he’s a vindictive assh@le and a narcissistic sociopath who’s mentally unstable. He was the one who lied about the virus from the beginning and constantly fought with the infectious disease experts on how to mitigate the spread. He politicized it and created this reluctance for vaccination. That man is a complete and total moron. If you can’t see that then you should really think about what exactly draws you to a person like him.
WOW, you need to relax, Idiot Biden is POTUS. Trump is living rent free in your head. LOL. Hows that $3.25 gas treating you??

That is an argument that can be made for a lot more than just this vaccine. I dont relish it becoming the new way of thinking.
In most other areas, we make actions illegal.

So while we will treat you when you have a car wreck from drunk driving. We still arrest you. Or ideally arrest you before you ever crash.

In most other areas, we make actions illegal.

So while we will treat you when you have a car wreck from drunk driving. We still arrest you. Or ideally arrest you before you ever crash.

I was talking about medical treatment being used up by people making choices you don't like (willful negligence). Fat asses cramming their mouths full of food, diabetics eating twinkies, smokers, drug users, anyone who rides a motorcycle, etc.

I was talking about medical treatment being used up by people making choices you don't like (willful negligence). Fat asses cramming their mouths full of food, diabetics eating twinkies, smokers, drug users, anyone who rides a motorcycle, etc.
Yeah, think about how dumb you guys sound when you argue fat people should just keep cramming their mouths full and we should spend our time trying to find a better insulin so they can keep eating more.

That’s a lie. Democrats politicized it from day one. Trump had nothing to gain from politicizing it. It was just Biden that said last September that the vaccine was rushed and put doubt in people’s minds. It was Kamala that said she wouldn’t take the vaccine because of Trump. Trump has never said anything negative about the vaccine.

And Biden is everything to claim Trump is X 1000. If you can’t see that, maybe you shouldn’t question what others are drawn to in Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT